• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Sorry if i sound like a ******** person...

But could you explain me the Xenoblade thing too?
I thought that each game took place in different locations until now.
X isn't connected as far as I'm aware, but the worlds of Chronicles 1 and 2 exist in parallel, both stemming from the human scientist Klaus. Following an experiment, Klaus creates a new universe (the setting of 1) but is split in two in the process: his left half enters the new universe, reshapen as the antagonist Zanza. The original universe, meanwhile (thought to be destroyed in 1 with the creation of the new), is revealed to have been left mostly intact, with Klaus's remaining half wracked by guilt. This half, attempting to atone for his sins, becomes known as the Architect and creates the Cloud Sea and world of Alrest from the wreckage of the old universe - becoming the setting of 2.

At the end of 2, Shulk can be heard from the other universe preparing to defeat Zanza; and once this is done, the Architect also begins to fade away. Essentially, then, the plots of both games happen and end around the exact same time.

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
Sakurai expressing his thoughts on Ultimate before the release date.
Translation:
Oh wow, Smash Ultimate is going on sale tomorrow. I think it will be great if a lot of people can enjoy the game …I’ve been playing Smash Ultimate every day.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Translation:
Oh wow, Smash Ultimate is going on sale tomorrow. I think it will be great if a lot of people can enjoy the game …I’ve been playing Smash Ultimate every day.
How disrespectful of this guy to play the game before it even releases. I bet he didn't even pay for his copy :/

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Nontheless IGN sucks. and i hope the company goes bankrupt
bruh i thought you were joking at first but in reality you're just troubled

Translation:
i hope the nintendo ninjas get him

AugustusB

Smash Champion
I haven't posted in this thread in a long while! Mainly been on the Geno support and now the Square Enix thread.
With the game coming out in less than a day I just have to say what a grand time it has been to join this community of smashers and weirdos. Y'all are pretty awesome. Can't wait to play!

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
*see ton of Ultimate video coming out of nowhere*

*not sure if I get the game on Friday or on Monday*

Guys, i'm scared, can I have a hug please?

SonicMario

Smash Master
a 9.4??? and smash wii u a 9.8???? GO HOME IGN YOU'RE DRUNK
Besides the different writers and opinions...

Is a .4 difference in score that much of a big deal? They're both in the 9's when it's all said and done. Even if I kind of agree that Ultimate should automatically be considered an upgrade over Smash 4 with more characters, stages, and gameplay refinements. I'm not going to say that a score out of 10 that they'd be that far apart for me.

D

Deleted member

I am glad that i buy phisical games on retail stores looking at this Amazon stuff.

And i feel that IGN's review will end up being better than Eurogamer's if the latter makes a Dark Souls comparison.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sestetz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sestetz
Switch FC
SW-8244-4802-5322
One day lads, thankfully the game awards will burn away some hours. I'm really jealous of my aussie friend that already has it AHHH

Untouch

Smash Master
lol apparently heihachi is a part of pacman's taunt
lloyd is feeling a lot more likely now

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

"Fighting Bayonetta online feels like facing many of the bosses in the Dark Souls trilogy. It is something that you have to play to understand the difficulty of it..."-Probably Eurogamer reviewing Ultimate-

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

SlickWylde SlickWylde I found your future avatar, for if we get a character reveal today!

D

Deleted member

"We expected Ultimate to have a great balance between casual and competitive gameplay... But our experience felt more like playing Dark Souls 3 for the first time."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom