• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
If Isabelle can be a unique character, Dixie can as well.
Isabelle had to be unique to some degree. She didn't have the right body type to be an Echo. Dixie does, however, of Diddy. So she can be an Echo just fine.

Personality was a smaller factor than the key one, body proportions. And Isabelle didn't fit the mold. Literally.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I've put my advocacy for Boshi on standby for this DLC due to the no-Echo parameters. I have to choose my battles and there's always next time. I don't need to "pretend" that he can be a unique character to keep up hope :yoshi:

D

Deleted member

Quoted a post I didnt know was over a day old...man this stuff moves fast.

Hopefully the wait goes by quickly. I wish I could take off Friday for the release, but Im out of days off to take lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Whether or not a character becomes an Echo also depends on good timing as well.

If Chrom and DS had debuted in a previous Smash game when they were more relevant and would've been deemed a higher priority, then they might've had a unique moveset. However, since both of their games have aged a little (one more than the other), it was probably hard for Sakurai to think of a good excuse to prioritize these two over other newcomers. Echoes were a nice compromise, because otherwise, neither of these two would've gotten in at all.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Whether or not a character becomes an Echo also depends on good timing as well.

If Chrom and DS had debuted in a previous Smash game when they were considered more relevant and would've been deemed as a higher priority, then they might've had a unique moveset. However, since both of their games have aged a little (one more than the other), it was probably hard for Sakurai to think of a good excuse to prioritize these two over other newcomers. Echoes were a nice compromise, because otherwise, neither of these two would've gotten in at all.
Eh, I kinda doubt it. Chrom couldn't be unique at the apex of his popularity. And I feel like Dark Samus would get Dark Pit treatment either way.

I think it's more to do with how much time dev team have.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Eh, I kinda doubt it. Chrom couldn't be unique at the apex of his popularity. And I feel like Dark Samus would get Dark Pit treatment either way.

I think it's more to do with how much time dev team have.
Chrom could have been unique, it's just that he wouldn't have been as unique as the other option, Robin. And Dark Samus absolutely could have but nooooooo, Sakurai wanted a Metroid characters that was related to Samus so he had Naked Samus instead, showing that Smash really doesn't give a **** who gets in

monadoboy

Smash Lord
It's a reference to his arts. He fights with a fast character like Sonic, a durable character K.Rool and so on. His boss is Master Hand
Master Hand? That's pretty lame. Still bummed they didn't upgrade Metal Face to boss.
Xenoblade really got shafted in Ultimate

osby

Smash Obsessed
How many European holidays are there at this time of month?!! :yoshi:
Do you count Hanukkah? Anyway, I think there is one unimportant holiday at the end of this month. Didn't bother remembering the name.

D

Deleted member

So let me see if I got this right. The absolute likely characters we have got so far are:
  • A Square Enix character, most likely either Sephiroth or a Dragon Quest character
  • Steve
  • Lloyd or Yuri from Tales of
  • Some Nintendo sword character

D

Deleted member

Hi everyone! I took some time to calm down (which I kinda had to, because I was banned). I'm sorry about Thursday. From now on, I'll hype responsibly! :3

Cristaran

Smash Journeyman
So let me see if I got this right. The absolute likely characters we have got so far are:
  • A Square Enix character, most likely either Sephiroth or a Dragon Quest character
  • Steve
All of them Swordfighters. Oh boy.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
To be fair, Steve can have any number of Melee weapons as his default. Maybe he uses the Pickaxe as it's more emblematic of Minecraft.

Though the whole 2014 thing from Yesterday does give me some hope for Dixie Kong.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
  • Steve
The SE rep is the only one I'd feel comfortable with as of now.

Many insiders are saying they haven't heard anything that indicates Minecraft content, Lloyd and Yuri are basically a rumor, and I believe Hitagi backed down from the Nintendo swordfighter claim.

monadoboy

Smash Lord
Wild guess, the DLC characters are (or at least include one of):
Heihachi
Lloyd
Geno
Monster Hunter
Tails
aka some of the remaining Mii costumes without upgrades

D

Deleted member

The SE rep is the only one I'd feel comfortable with as of now.

Many insiders are saying they haven't heard anything that indicates Minecraft content, Lloyd and Yuri are basically a rumor, and I believe Hitagi backed down from the Nintendo swordfighter claim.
I see.
Eh, I don't care what the community as a whole will say about swordfighters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom