• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I personally kinda want to see the chaos if Sephiroth is real, has that long *** sword, a busted reach, and insane combo potential like he does in fights with Cloud.

Ya'll were afraid of Bayonetta, ya'll haven't seen anything yet.
Chances are they'll likely shorten his sword if he gets in.

D

Deleted member

My problem with Sephiroth is that Square Enix has more franchises than Final Fantasy and Final Fantasy has more games than just FF7.

Can we at least get Freya, Terra, Bartz or Vivi?
Whoa, whoa, whoa. Slow down, buddy.

There were games BESIDES Final Fantasy VII?

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
If we get Sephiroth that’s cool whatever as long as One Winged Angel is a music track. If not I will rage

Graizen

Smash Champion
"Mainly due to the fact that Nintendo bases a lot of their decision on profit and widespread attention. Using more well known names for DLC for smash 4 is what made DLC a success for that game. Geno simply doesn't have the following a Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, or any mainstream SE game character would. If anything, if they REALLY wanted Geno, they would put him and characters of the same kind in the base roster. "

This actualy helps ALOT of characters, not just Square Enix ones.

Im a little bias but, Agumon is more likely becouse of that.
Digimon have a game on the Switch in 2019, and is a big Nostalgic bomb.

Lyndis_

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-6600-3090-1548
I do not care about FF7 at all, so Sephiroth would be super anti-hype for me. I'd much prefer a protagonist of a new series to Smash.

Or, y'know, Geno

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
Uh...here’s some weird news...
https://twitter.com/werewafflesyrup/status/1067086282373902336?s=21

It’s most likely a mistake and means nothing buuuut......

Is it Guh happening?

Still unsure about thiswhole thing

Why would nintendo delete the fan remix that is related to Banjo ANd Koozie? It seems like it was done on accidentally but replies to that tweet mentions the channel that fan remix was found on got terminated due to uploading some leaked remixes from ultimate there.

Last edited:

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
We shall buddy. But FF7 on the Switch? that's the PS version right? To be honest when they announced those bunch of FF titles coming to Switch I was like "Ok, but who want to play through those again!?", aside maybe from collecting, I'm not sure why would anyone want to buy those. Especially since FF games are not that connected and since FF7 remastered is on the way, honestly that was weird. To me it was like Square saying to Nintendo "ok, we frogive you.. but we still despise you. Here, have some old titles. AND BE SURE TO TREAT THEM WELL.. AND BE THANKFUL" XD.. something like that.

Wait, I didn't know FF15 is com.. ohh, the pocket version. Yeah yeah, they treat Nintendo's Switch like a mobile. Are you interested in that game? I mean are FF fans interested in a pocket version of a AAA game? Does it capture the same feeling and excitement?

I've looked at some of Verg's recent leaks but I'm not sure which do you mean, nor that I recall one that talked about some Square coversation specifically. May you elaborate?
Yes the PS version of FF7 is coming to the Switch. I actually wouldn't mind getting FF7 and FF10 for the Switch. It would be nice to have those games portably. And believe it or not I bought FF15 pocket edition for the Switch despite owning the original already. I kind of regret it as its nowhere near like the original. Still because my love for FF15, I don't mind owning it a second time.

A user here by the name Polar Panda have communicated with Vergeben. According to them there is a list Vergeben received this list includes the following. Sephiroth, Crono, Erdrick, The Luminary, Slime, Geno and Sora. According to that list he said Vergeben had heard Geno, but not to take him too seriously. And that "Sora was not in the game".

Then someone spoke to Hitagi and he said he had heard the same list and according to Hitagi. He said Geno is most likely not coming and and said Sora is complicated. Hitagi also feels that the Luminary and Erdrick are redundant, but is not de confirming them. Hitagi's reasoning for Geno not being in is because "Mainly due to the fact that Nintendo bases a lot of their decision on profit and widespread attention. Using more well known names for DLC for smash 4 is what made DLC a success for that game. Geno simply doesn't have the following a Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, or any mainstream SE game character would".

Finally PapaGenos has spoken to Polar Panda and agrees he has heard the same list of SE characters.

So the most likely in the running based on all this information from these different people is;

Sephiroth
Crono
Slime
Geno?

Last edited:

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Isabelle training for Smash
isabelle_is_getting_ready_for_smash___by_brachyartz-dcmsjkx.png.jpg

Isabelle's training paid off
isabelle_vs_ridley_by_spaghettiscallywag-dcn5rbz.jpg

I don't know who made these, I just found them on Google and wanted to share them

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
They would have no choice but to shorten the sword if sephiroth had a ticket so fan you better get acceptance mode ready

But how the current final fantasy stage is already the right one why and how on earth they would make a second one?

I suppose the upside is more villains if true but really doubt it

Last edited:

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
"Mainly due to the fact that Nintendo bases a lot of their decision on profit and widespread attention. Using more well known names for DLC for smash 4 is what made DLC a success for that game. Geno simply doesn't have the following a Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, or any mainstream SE game character would. If anything, if they REALLY wanted Geno, they would put him and characters of the same kind in the base roster. "

This actualy helps ALOT of characters, not just Square Enix ones.

Bruh Tekken is huge money. Why not go with their best selling franchise

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Same how October was the 10th Anniversary since Sonic was announced in Brawl yet we didn't get Tails or Shadow.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
It was mostly in regards to Geno. I shared it in the Geno thread. I wanted to list other Enix characters who were being thrown around as legitimate competition, and Verge's heavy skepticism of Geno.
Hmm. It's interesting to see that Sephorith may have quite the fighting chance in that ring.

LetterO

Smash Lord
well there goes neku's chances huh

Guess I'll be hoping for Sora or Geno as the Square Rep. Otherwise I really don't care much.

monadoboy

Smash Lord
If that Luminary dude was the SE rep, I hope, I really, really, really hope he has a purple alt that looks like Trunks.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Interesting how Crono and Geno are in very similar situations.

Have to face the "well mainstream audiences and kids today won't know them" argument as well as "well they won't promote anything".

Bee Card

Smash Ace
Lets me have a nice experience here!
I pick RIDLEY and put him inside my Card...

TOON WORLD!
View attachment 180114

The result is...
Oh now I remember this Toon World card, I loved it, thank you !

I think that Ridley was the bigger version from Brawl/Wii U before he gets into the toon world, then the toon world card transform him into the tiny Ridley of Smash Ultimate.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Come on guys, Bartz.
Or Terra
Or hell, even Cecil Harvey
Or ****, give me even the ONION KNIGHT.
Or best of all, how about Ramza Beoulve?
There's way more interesting **** in FF beyond just 7. For the love of God, not another FF7 character.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Come on guys, Bartz.
Or Terra
There's way more interesting **** in FF beyond just 7. For the love of God, not another FF7 character.
Couldn't agree more and I don't even play Final Fantasy. I love 9 though from what I've played, bring on Zidane lol.

Ezclapper

Smash Apprentice
well there goes neku's chances huh

Guess I'll be hoping for Sora or Geno as the Square Rep. Otherwise I really don't care much.
Just want to remind you to take this with a grain of salt. This whole list is basically riding off of verge's credibility and he seems to not be very confident in the minecraft content as he was confused about the boss.

Last edited:

StrawHatX

Smash Lord

Have to face the "well mainstream audiences and kids today won't know them" argument as well as "well they won't promote anything".
If Crono was brought back then it could reignite interest in the Chrono Trigger series. I still haven’t played it yet.... I’m ashamed of myself.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Not to be bias, but not really.
Chrono Trigger was on Snes and Playstation...And was a MASSIVE success on both platform at his time, directly considered a masterpieces, and still is, while having a pretty good DS port who also sold fairly well, alongside spawning a sequel and "spiritual sucessor".

I would say that Chrono Trigger had a much much muuuch bigger impact on gaming than SMRPG, no, I'm actually sure of it.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Just want to remind you to take this with a grain of salt. This whole list is basically riding off of verge's credibility and he seems to not be very confident in the minecraft content.
Not trying to be rude but...do your research with this.
It's gone far beyond Verge. Even insiders in this very thread know of it.

ThreeT

Smash Apprentice
I don't know about you guys, but I'm thinking they're in.

Slime.gif

Seriously though, if they are thinking about putting an iconic character, Slime is know by all Dragon Quest fans and others too. It would represent the series well.

Ezclapper

Smash Apprentice
Not trying to be rude but...do your research with this.
It's gone far beyond Verge. Even insiders in this very thread know of it.
My point being is to take it with a grain of salt. Don't take everything that people say as factual, even if it comes with no bias. Gotta remember that

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Not to be bias, but not really.
Chrono Trigger was on Snes and Playstation...And was a MASSIVE success on both platform at his time, directly considered a masterpieces, and still is, while having a pretty good DS port who also sold fairly well, alongside spawning a sequel and "spiritual sucessor".

I would say that Chrono Trigger had a much much muuuch bigger impact on gaming than SMRPG, no, I'm actually sure of it.
SMRPG appears on numerous best games ever lists, was the third-highest selling game in Japan the year it came out, exceeded sales expectations in the U.S. You're really underselling SMRPG here.

I'm by no means saying it is a direct rival to Chrono Trigger but in general here people tend to dismiss SMRPG as a one-off that didn't do too well when it literally did wonderful sales-wise and reviews-wise and is still remembered today and rated as an amazing game even today. Also is on the SMRPG Mini, like Chrono is on the DS, and if that's not good enough, it got ported to the Wii.

SMRPG /ALSO/ spawned a "spiritual successor."

Nekoo, I respect and understand your points, but I think you're very much underselling SMRPG and I stand by saying these two are in at least SIMILAR situations. Lemme clarify though; of course Chrono Trigger had more impact, not arguing that.

Last edited:

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Come on guys, Bartz.
Or Terra
It’s gonna be Noctis because of relevancy.:4pacman:

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
Out of curiosity how likely is it that we will find out the first DLC at The Game Awards? I know Spawn Wave has spoken of the possibility if im not mistaken. So is it possible we will know the second SE rep in just a few more days?

Bee Card

Smash Ace
SE are so stingy with FFVII that I don't think that they want Sephiroth in SSB5 + they better wants to promote another series like Dragon Quest (and Nintendo better wants to put a character from another series imo), or in the case of they didn't want to deals more with Nintendo for Smash Bros, their character could be Geno because they don't care and it's money for them.

But I'm almost sure that it will be a Dragon Quest rep (Erdrick, Alef or Eight).

Last edited:

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
Regarding that list about 6 square enix characters, There's no way to confirm if it was one of them that make it into, and that counts verge's 3 mysterious characters that are brought up mostly at Square Enix too. How can we be sure if it was one of them? Well, according to Spawnwave, he said that we might get some smash dlc related reveal at TGA and he was heavily hinting toward Sora, Whatever Spawnwave said about sora being at TGA is what I'm doubting because Hiagh mentions that he's complicated.

There's low chance that we may get different character as smash dlc reveal at TGA instead of Square enix rep or just square enix rep. So hype responibly no matter how you hear about who mysterious square enix character is

In the conclusion, I have reason to believe that list of 6 square enix characters were likely leakbaits or consideration to join smash and that one of vergeben's three mysterious square enix characters would be joining the roster.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom