• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238

I'm sorry. It's still a weird feeling for me knowing that I won't have to hold my breath in the minutes leading up to a Direct because I'm so nervous about Ridley and K. Rool.

Wambo

Smash Ace
I'll laugh my ass off if the first thing we see Sakurai say is, "Hello everyone, welcome to the Direct. Here's every character. Enjoy."

Porygon2

Smash Journeyman
At-work-small-inconspicuous-window-could-just-be-music-screw-this-place-anyway crew, reporting in.

joshoctober16

Smash Apprentice
I predict
  • At least one of Geno/Banjo-Kazooie/Isaac
  • Adventure Mode being better than Melee but worse than Brawl (for me)
  • At least one new stage
  • Multiple bosses
  • Assist Trophy salt
  • Echo salt
  • Typical Smash fandom last reveal salt
  • Generally salt
missread the assist trophy salt as
assault trophy salt.

i think we can all agre on one character that will be getting in no matter what....
its ken

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Good morning everyone! It’s almost time now! Here’s to a goodndirect.

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD
I'm gonna say this, and I'm gonna stick to it. Feel free to make fun of me if I'm wrong.
I'm sticking with the Grinch leak. I'm not saying it's the final roster, or that the Chadondorf leak is also true. I'm just believing what I saw in the picture of Eric's workspace. But I believe it.

Also Shrek.

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
I'm not even anxious in the slightest. I can physically feel the imminent Grinch leak confirmations. I've got no worries.

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
I know people are saying "don't get too upset" if your character didn't get in. But I'm gonna be different.

Get upset. Your negative emotions don't make you a bad person and no one should try to suppress.

Be sad, be mad, rant on the forums, huff/puff, mourn, do whatever it takes to get it out of you. Obviously short of insulting/threatening/harming yourself and others.

We're all gonna buy the game anyway. The last thing anyone really needs is for someone online, who's essentially a faceless blob, tone policing your attitude. So I say vent.
Ah yes, get super upset so that the mods have an excuse to ban you
Good advice

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Man, whatever happens this is going to be hype all the way through! Unless the carnage is too bad in the assist trophy department. That part wouldn't be hype.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
I must say, I'm impressed we don't definitively know the full roster by this point, of course we might with the Grinch leak, but there are still doubts about it. This close to release with Smash 4 the ESRB leak had already been out for quite a while and was looking irrefutably like the real deal, and while we didn't have picture evidence with Brawl, we were putting things together through what two leakers with very proven track records had told us.

That we're 20 minutes away and there still are so many questions is a job well done by Nintendo.
It's only because while the leak is credible, insiders outright deny it.

It's honestly been confusion and mass hysteria since then

Chrollo.

fka president wario
The last 15 minutes. This is a warning to all GAMERS; You’re not allowed in our area of chaos. Shadow-Bros rise up.
5F1A0F4F-DDB5-4C78-8176-8FF59A4B8254.png

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Fanbase: "I wonder who the hidden character will be!? I mean, there has to be more than that, right!? RIGHT!?"
"There's going to be a surprise final FINAL direct right? RIGHT!?"

Heard enough of that after Smash 4's last Direct. Don't need to hear it again with Ultimate.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Alright, not long before the Direct is on. Remember, keep your arms and legs inside the chair you sit on that's in front of the computer screen at all times. Exit rows are the door nearest you, and in the event of a super surprise, do not be afraid to scream. Enjoy the Direct!

Last edited:

HotelSoapy!

Smash Apprentice
Nope, but it contradict with GI's claim, which also contradict with insider's claim. It claimed Incineroar and Banjo won't be in the game. It is a very wild claim for sure. Grinch still alive at least.
I'll be pretty disappointed with no Banjo.

Wambo

Smash Ace
*Low-quality jpg renders of all the newcomers slide across the screen for 10 seconds, rest of direct is black*

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
A bit late on this, but here's my roster maker thing:
1541014890912.png

It's time for Blargg888's Roster 2, Electric Boogaloo.

Somehow, I managed to get the look back to that of my Smash 4 roster, despite the massive changes to characters and colors.
The final countdown ! Don't forget to choose your team in this Smash Civil War ! Only one team will survive ! :demon:

Team Real for me :shades:
I'm sorry everyone, I have no choice but to...
JOIN SMASH AGAIN!

CORRIN CHOOSES TO SMASH AGAIN!

Imagine if the newcomer we got today was just Corrin again.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Alright, not long before the Direct is on. Remember, keep your arms and legs inside the chair you sit on that's in front of the computer screen. Exit rows are the door nearest you, and in the event of a super surprise, do not be afraid to scream. Enjoy the Direct!
Except the people watching the Direct in a public place.

You guys. You don't scream.

You bottle up the hype until it explodes.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Oooooh Boy. This is the most excited I've been in a long while. No matter what happens, we already have an amazing roster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom