• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grizzexploder

Smash Apprentice
gonna go with Team Real
plus calling the DLC (which I know ain't it): Incineroar, Dixie, Skull Kid, Spring Man, Rex/Pyra, FE sword guy, and Crash (sorry Shantae)

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
All right, see you guys in the morning.

For all of you still awaiting your favorite characters, I'm lending you some of my Phazon energy:

ErenJager

Smash Champion
I'm summoning Goku for tomorrows direct while most other users are sleeping.

Currently have Fighterz and xenoverse 2 for switch laid out on my floor... Gathering the 5 3DS dragon ball games, my DBZ 3DS edition, and my super famicom jump edition.

Shenron grant my wish.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
It's not really a storage issue...

If it was, the SNES classic would have more than 20 games.
SNES mini was developed within a year of the NES mini and they also had to deal with the chronic shortages of the first to produce more.

It's been two years since the SNES mini so they have had the time to get more games ready.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
30 games? Isn't that more than the SNES classic despite being bigger games? Something's off here...
Probably just a marketing decision now that Sony wants to compete with their PSOne classic, which will have only 20 games.

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
N64 Mini leak sounds hype and would neatly tie the Banjo announcement together....if it's real, what a time to be alive!

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So what is everyone's final verdict on the banner leak? Real or fake?

I'm throwing the bone to say its real with the "Missing character" being Incineroar.

Enchess

Smash Lord
SNES mini was developed within a year of the NES mini and they also had to deal with the chronic shortages of the first to produce more.

It's been two years since the SNES mini so they have had the time to get more games ready.
This also doesn't strike me as a technical issue. It feels more like a business thing that limited the game count for SNES classic. It's not impossible, but I really doubt the N64 classic will have 1.5x as many games.

potato69

Smash Apprentice
Since I (probably) won't be here to see the birth of page 6969, I'm just gonna drop a few contributions:

666999.png
696969.png

xXShadeXx

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3241-7928-4020
I'm still on Team Hmmm. I can't be disappointed that way. I just wanna know what Spirits mode is all about. I don't really care for the characters.

Fred Herbert

Smash Rookie
I'm afraid I won't be able to make it to 6969. I need to rest for the big day tomorrow.

I'm still hoping for Grinch, but just remember guys, this game is going to amazing either way. Sakurai knows what he is doing.

Goodnight Homies!

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Hey, not existing is probably the only way to avoid the fallout of being right/wrong about the leak. Consider yourself lucky.
probably
Hey hey hey... i am a nobody too! We all have beds we have to go too sometimes. Except mine is like in 5 hours mahahahaha
mine is now so I can wake up early for Smash...and also school I guess
I know he's owned by Disney and his recent games haven't been on Nintendo consoles, but I have a good feeling about who our surprise newcomer is.

Well Lego Marvel 2 has Spidey as one of the main characters, and lots of the characters are Spider people, so his chances are obviously good

Starbound

We really need to pick up the pace if we really want to hit the 'meme' number.
You know

If we all posted our "guys I'm tapping out here are my memes for 6969", we may actually be able to get to 6969...

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'm not sure if I'll be around for page 6969. If I'm not, someone please post this blessed image for me to help purify that tainted page.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I'm not sure if I'll be around for page 6969. If I'm not, someone please post this blessed image for me to help purify that tainted page.
I got it saved...

Woke up early, though wanna try to get some more sleep. Since I'm up anyways, anything new?
Yes, you might actually get to see page 6969 whereas everyone else is tapping out :yoshi:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Banjo incoming
Oh ****

If the N64 Classic really is being revealed “after the Smash announcements” like this article says, I really can’t see it happening any other way besides as a follow-up to a Banjo newcomer reveal. Unless they just cram it in there completely randomly with no relation to the Smash content, that’s the only way I could see it going down.

I mean, they could end it with “You can play the original Super Smash Bros on the new N64 Classic Edition,” but that would not only he anticlimactic, but would imply they aren’t ending with a newcomer reveal which I find very odd. Every Direct featuring Smash Ultimate has ended on a character reveal.

Naiko3232

Smash Apprentice
if the N64 leak is true we're having an insane direct incoming, not only for Smash but in general

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Goku crap posting until we're 6969.

Plus Xenoverse 2 & Fighterz on Switch.

Literally more games on the 3DS and switch then 90% of the smash roster.

True ballot winner.

He's coming and you know it.

Each 3DS and Switch title is like a dragon ball... When you collect all 7 Goku appears playable in Smash.

Last edited:

Enchess

Smash Lord
Welp, looks like I'll be missing the mythic pg6969 if I want any hope of waking up in time to actually see the direct. Peace out.

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
Sorry, can't be there to witness the 6969, so here's my 69 for it.
hint: look at his sign for long time

Last edited:

Starbound

If everyone is going to miss 6969, we should just lock the page on 6968 and open it when the direct starts

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Oh ****

If the N64 Classic really is being revealed “after the Smash announcements” like this article says, I really can’t see it happening any other way besides as a follow-up to a Banjo newcomer reveal. Unless they just cram it in there completely randomly with no relation to the Smash content, that’s the only way I could see it going down.

I mean, they could end it with “You can play the original Super Smash Bros on the new N64 Classic Edition,” but that would not only he anticlimactic, but would imply they aren’t ending with a newcomer reveal which I find very odd. Every Direct featuring Smash Ultimate has ended on a character reveal.
In before Arle Nadja

xXShadeXx

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3241-7928-4020
Well maybe people need to stop being such humans and doing this thing called "sleep". It's ridiculous...what even is that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom