• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

If Isaac is an AT again, we're gonna have another "Ridley's not in 4!!" moment. Possibly even worse than that that.

TriforceBun

Smash Apprentice
Vergeben says Isaac is AT, the Mystic guy was pretty certain he's playable, and of course there's still the Grinch...this is all so confusing. I might have to take a break from speculation and just tune in on Thursday when we'll get all our answers. Que sera sera, whatever will be, will be...

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Honestly, Sakurai doesn't owe anyone anything. If he couldn't make Isaac anything more than AT or didn't want to, we just have to accept it. We're not the ones making the game, we don't know the whole process. Ridley fans got baited TWICE so it's really really possible to happen.
I completely stand by what I said
He doesn't "owe" anyone a thing but I think you and I both know it's gonna be a little ****ed up to see Isaac, someone who fans have wanted consistently for over a decade, plop in as an Assist Trophy.

I'll accept it because I don't care but Isaac fans could whine all they want if this is true, that'd be just ****ed.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
If Isaac truly is in assist again than wow ...like....

>He was an Assist in Brawl

>He was REMOVED as an Assist in 4 when some Dark Dawn track is added

>Smash Ballot happens, obvious a lot of Isaac votes get in

>Smash Ultimate happens, Isaac not confirmed AT in either two first directs, mysterious Sakurai Golden Sun-esque battle image is TWEETED by Sakurai himself

>Final, FINAL direct, Sakurai confirms Isaac as an AT

...This would be the biggest **** tease in Smash history. Waluigi fans eat your heart out.
With all that teasing, i'm going to be really friggin pissed.

Like **** if Isaac were an AT then he should have been revealed at E3 and all this teasing should have never happened. This is really rubbing me the wrong way.

doomedtacox

Smash Ace
I just want to point out that, if Isaac was indeed AT'd, that means we fans have been screwed twice. The entirety of the Smash 4 cycle and up until what seems to be the last or second-to-last Direct for Ultimate we've been in the absolute dark just for an "LOL get ****ed" right by release.

Like, Nintendo brings back the character just to give us a huge middle finger at the end. Why?
Maybe because they think people would rather have him as an assist trophy than not at all? idk

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
I’m not listening to anyone’s words, except for this man named Masahiro Sakurai. I’m not sure how well known he is, but his track record is 100% accurate. He has the best sources and never gets anything wrong, and he told me he has a large indodump ready for Thursday. I’ll let you guys know what he tells me.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Consider this line of thought.

Why would Verge even say something as controversial as that to begin with?
Had he said nothing, he would have had less things he said have to come true, which would give him more consistency, and by extension, more credibility.
Yet he went out of his way to confirm Isaac's AT status, despite the potential to be incorrect.

Now whether you believe he's being paid off, is actually correct, or at this point has gone full loz18 is up to you, but it's an interesting thing to think about nonetheless.
Because he's dead certain Isaac's an AT
Verg doesn't state **** unless he's positive of it, with Ultimate

Cahalan

Smash Ace
"Isaac is an AT"
Yeah bull****.

Like I said before, if the Mural features ATs on it, where's Knux, Lyn, & Midna?

And on top of that, all of these "insiders" are backpedaling hard because the Grinch Leak is legit and are trying too hard to cover it up.

paper roxy

Smash Ace
It is, it doesn't explain completely different shapes and angles though
i suppose. im at least holding on to the theory that its for one of those epliptical game display lamp thingies so theyre reducing details and stuff so it isnt all blurred together (please tell me i make sense when i say elpitical game display lamp thingies)

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Vergeben literally destroys #TeamReal like he did to the Decidueye fans this summer.

Normally I'd understand being skeptical of the insiders who have yet to be proven...

But Vergeben has not been your typical insider this time.

Even ignoring all of the graphical inconsistencies in the banner, now I truly think we can put the banner to rest.
Vergie has done literally nothing to disprove Isaac other than "he's an AT".

I'm not saying he's not a credible source but at the same time i'm not going to take his word as gospel.

HesIn

Smash Apprentice
I'm guessing that Sakurai could only do another pair of "hardcore picks", and narrowed it down to Skull Kid, Isaac and Geno.

Isaac, not being in one of the big franchises, didn't make the cut and got an AT.

It makes sense: this gives Mario, Zelda and Pokemon a new rep (the big three) and two of those are hardcore fan picks.

D

Deleted member

Oh shoot, I hope that's fake.

That would be such a crummy thing for GS fans. :(

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
if this is lie,

Can I execute Verge on the spot? Because saying those three words can lead to a greatest ****storm of all before Final Smash Direct hits.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Don't worry guys. Just look at Vergeben's post, and say this to yourself.

d7f.gif

Potato_

Smash Lord

Every time I see Vergeben post anything relating to Nier, I get my hopes up.
And every time I realize it's just about SoulCalibur, I get my hopes crushed. For smash, anyway.
Simple solution, play Soulcalibur. It's real good.

Anyways back on topic, Isaac being in as an AT makes me believe the theory that there are AT's playable in some form. I HIGHLY doubt Isaac would be skipped over. And AT's like Alucard are pretty insane with how much work they have put into them.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
Everyone quick! Lock in your final guesses

Me: Ken, Incineroar, Shadow, Dragon Quest character.

Sora at VGA announced as first DLC
Start of direct - Incineroar and Ken
Straight after that - Shadow and Dixie
Halfway through direct - Geno
End of direct - Banjo Kazooie (I think there will definitely be a big 3rd party as the final reveal and that it'll be Banjo and Kazooie)

Game Awards - Sora

Shroob

Sup?
Ya know, I assumed that tonight's music update would be our one, final controversy before the Direct.

I guess since Music update'd been delayed until Thursday, Verg rose from the dead and took it upon himself to be the controversy we need to get through tomorrow.

What a hero(?)

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I’m not listening to anyone’s words, except for this man named Masahiro Sakurai. I’m not sure how well known he is, but his track record is 100% accurate. He has the best sources and never gets anything wrong, and he told me he has a large indodump ready for Thursday. I’ll let you guys know what he tells me.
Exactly. Fans don't get to confirm characters, and neither do insiders. That's Sakurai's job.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Not gonna lie, Jon from GameXplain saying Rayman will be an Assist Trophy has me a bit worried. Given how some of his “predictions” came true.
A67CDDA6-D8C0-4ACC-8D3D-2B5A7F74A23D.gif

Of course, nothing is confirmed until that Direct releases. But I can’t shake the feeling this will actually happen.

EDIT: Praying for you Isaac fans as well, not a fan of Golden Sun, but bringing him back but just as an Assist Trophy has gotta suck.

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Well, that's gonna be a Y I K E S from me. That's pretty sad. For once, I hope Vergeben has his information wrong.

Man, and after all that for fans of Isaac, for him to be an Assist? This is one of those cases where I have to question the judgment of the man. Sure, it's cool that Isaac would be back, but you don't disconfirm him for playable right away? He had to have been a character who got a lot of support.

What a bamboozle.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Anyways I don't believe this Verge claim. Isaac had been just as requested as King K. Rool and Ridley has and as long. In fact he's in the top five with those two, Banjo and Geno. I kinda find it hard to believe considering Ultimate is about giving fans what they want he'd suddenly just make Isaac an assist again...

Who knows though, we'll find out on Thursday.

Also don't give me that "His franchise is dead" crap (Last I checked too wasn't the last game in 2010, far earlier then King K. Rool's last appearance). King K. Rool while from an active series had been absent for a decade having been brought back due to fan demand. The same could happen regardless of status.

Last edited:

Freaky Mutant Man

Smash Apprentice
"Isaac is an AT"
Yeah bull****.

Like I said before, if the Mural features ATs on it, where's Knux, Lyn, & Midna?

And on top of that, all of these "insiders" are backpedaling hard because the Grinch Leak is legit and are trying too hard to cover it up.
When insiders mention that one or more of the characters on the banner are ATs, they are not saying the banner is legit but has ATs; they're saying the banner is fake because it has (suspected) ATs on it. It's important not to get this twisted, regardless of how you feel (I'm still leaning real, even with Verge's statement, but at this point I should really just tune out until Thursday).

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
T H A N K Y O U :yoshi:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
I'm thinking Vergeben has completely flipped his lid and is now trying to piss off everyone who dared to doubt him.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
What resetera post?
There's a post on there saying the following:
- Ken & Incineroar playable
- Shadow and Isaac as ATs
- Chorus Kids and Mach Rider as trophies
- No sign of Geno or Banjo
- One or two other newcomers

That is, allegedly, "putting the pieces together", according to one insider (and this insider is very deep in Nintendo and has posted a lot of closed doors investor meetings, amongst other info).

And, those pieces aren't Jiggys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom