• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Untouch

Smash Master
Also, if DOOMGUY is DLC, he doesn't need to be E10 rated since DLC can be rated differently, that's one of the main arguments I see against him (I don't personally agree with it but people say that).

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
no...I want Shadow more first...then a Tails can join next (I’ll accept Tails joining first though...but I want my edgy black hedgehog)
To match the heroes vs villains them. I see.
It'd look kinda weird to see Tails do some Sonic moves tbh.
Namely upthrow.
Sakurai'll figure that out if that's the only reason. Maybe he'll wind them up like Mega's Tengo shot.

ScottyWK

Smash Lord
NNID
ScottyWK
3DS FC
3239-4428-9575
Just watched the last Direct. Sakurai was able to get through 1 unique characters, 3 echoes, all of the stages, Dracula/Alucard, and all that Castlevania music in 12 minutes.

I’m pretty sure he can get through 7 more in 40 minutes if he needs to.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
You know what I would love besides DLC characters/costumes, Stages, and music? DLC events, codexes, story/Adventure levels(like the addition cutscenes in Dissidia NT or SFV's story) and extras modes.

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Four words.

EVERYONE. ELSE. IS. HERE.

That or this leak is accurate or something.
My brother and I were joking about that this morning.

Rather than individual character trailers, there's just a big, "EVERYONE. ELSE. IS HERE." Then it just runs through a whole bunch of fan requested characters ad nauseam in one big splurge before cutting to Sakurai smugly saying, "You're welcome."

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Just watched the last Direct. Sakurai was able to get through 1 unique characters, 3 echoes, all of the stages, Dracula/Alucard, and all that Castlevania music in 12 minutes.

I’m pretty sure he can get through 7 more in 40 minutes if he needs to.
Remember it isn't just characters.

Singleplayer and online are going to eat into a LOT of time.

D

Deleted member

If the leak is fake, anything involving the Chorus Kids from here on out is cursed.
We’re getting one of the Tunnel Snakes from Fallout
We're actually just gonna get Frank Reynolds from Always Sunny as a Wario semiclone. His final smash turns him into the Trash Man.

Gothitelle

Smash Journeyman
Breath in

Mystic...you seems like an honest dude.
You give me hope for Isaac(Vlad here in France)

But A BETTER ROSTER THAN THE LEAK? HOW?!

There was a problem fetching the tweet
Does Mystic just have **** opinions on what's better or something? Because even though I'm not a fan of some of the characters in the leak, I find it hard to imagine a genuinely better and still marketable roster being feasible.

HesIn

Smash Apprentice
Bond, Skull Kid and Edgeworth/Phoenix Wright would all be excellent characters that weren't on the banner and are hardcore fan picks.

SushiRoll

Smash Apprentice
Haven't been paying attention since this morning, anything new?

Or is it still every Chad and Emily coming out claiming to have inside info and giving contradicting accounts?

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
HE'S DOUBLING DOWN ON ONE OF THE LEAK BANNER CHARACTERS BEING AN AT

okay. So he's confident in Ken/Incineroar/Isaac...

That leave Banjo/Geno/Mach Riders/Shadow/Chorus Kids...

D

Deleted member

Guys, help. The rumors around Sora are actually starting to make me get hyped.

It may not happen, but...Dang it, it makes so much sense, and it's being thrown around a lot lately...

AAAAAA I don't know what to believe, lol. I should just be patient and wait. :p

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
It's probably Shadow that's the AT in that case. Maybe Mach Rider if him riding a bike as his gimmick wouldn't work in the game.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Well yeah, but.

Barry? Yeah I know. And I let the man get killed by Lisa because I wanted that sweet magnum! Lol I know, I know, it was really Jill, but still, I just don't like her that much as a character

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
The actual roster will be better than the leak we got? I don’t even know how that is possible unless maybe they added Sora and Crash?

Blu99

S***post King
Switch FC
SW-7236-2735-6407
If the leak is fake, anything involving the Chorus Kids from here on out is cursed.

We're actually just gonna get Frank Reynolds from Always Sunny as a Wario semiclone. His final smash turns him into the Trash Man.
No, he becomes Dr Mantis Toboggan

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Tails can't be an Echo. As long as Shadow's an echo though, Tails has a shot at DLC.
I think most people want Shadow because echo fighters are a thing now, and Shadow would be a perfect candidate seeing as how he's a Sonic clone in the games.
So you're (SonicMario)/they're (Tako Tuesday) not asking your/their desire, but what you/they think could work. I mean give Sakurai some credit here. He can manage it. Really, WFT is a proof.
Whether clone or not, I think we should ask what we truely want, not what fits.

Edit: It certainly adds if it fits though. I'm not denying that. Sorry, but I just find the rush towards Shadow instead of Tails is weird

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

Mystic already said that he's confident in Chorus Kids

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord

No....not Shadow, Banjo, or Geno please....

Dayseh

Smash Rookie
Does anybody else think it's strange that not a single insider knows anything about Spirits mode. Kind of strange considering it's the big new mode of the game. Now that I think about it they don't seem to know about anything besides characters

Untouch

Smash Master
I kind of believe that Nintendo actually has some of the DLC planned out already, they haven't developed it yet but they have a schedule.
That could explain both Bethesda and Microsoft.
With what people are saying, maybe we'll get some DLC news?

KMDP

Smash Legend
Does anybody else think it's strange that not a single insider knows anything about Spirits mode. Kind of strange considering it's the big new mode of the game. Now that I think about it they don't seem to know about anything besides characters
Do they not know anything?

Or have they not said anything?

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Breath in

Mystic...you seems like an honest dude.
You give me hope for Isaac(Vlad here in France)

But A BETTER ROSTER THAN THE LEAK? HOW?!

If this is true and we also get, like...Bandana Dee, Elma, Phoenix Wright, Professor Layton, Travis Touchdown...I mean, that'd definitely be better for me personally...

...but that's still so hard for me to believe. I'll put my faith in you, Mystic, one more time.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
It's probably Shadow that's the AT in that case. Maybe Mach Rider if him riding a bike as his gimmick wouldn't work in the game.
I just don’t think we are going to have 2 Sonic assist trophies. If I had to guess then probably Mach Rider and Chorus Kids as AT’s which would really suck because they have so much potential and could be so original.

paper roxy

Smash Ace
at this point, i dont really care if the leak is fake or real. i just want geno and for everyone else to get what they want

Untouch

Smash Master
If I recall, SSE never really leaked either.
I can imagine that the cutscenes and stuff are really never revealed to playtesters, and since there's no dialogue there's no translators. It'd be kept under wraps well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom