• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Breath in

Mystic...you seems like an honest dude.
You give me hope for Isaac(Vlad here in France)

But A BETTER ROSTER THAN THE LEAK? HOW?!

There was a problem fetching the tweet

D

Deleted member

I don't think it's entirely out of the question. Nintendo has dabbled in modern DLC practices, with day one DLC, season passes and preorder bonuses in other games.

At this point, it's anyone's guess. This has been a very different development cycle from the other Smash games, and Nintendo's approach to post-launch support has changed significantly over the last few years.
This. Splatoon alone has shown how Nintendo is really embracing the "games as a service" model. I really do think this Smash has a long DLC life ahead of it.

paper roxy

Smash Ace
Honestly not really. The mural is something an amatuer could pull off in a day or two.
except all the people who have done stuff like this for fun have talked about how hard it was to just draw the art for the characters, let alone how long it would take to readjust everything, draw the other stuff to fit, all while working at an advertising company.

Untouch

Smash Master
Nintendo pushing really hard for DLC and meeting with Pete Hines has made me feel that Doomguy's chances have moved up to a whopping 5%.
Please Sakurai.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Breath in

Heh heh heh heh heh! This guy actually has more respect from me now than ever before if this is true.

KiBom

Smash Journeyman
Breath in

As someone whos favorites and most requested are almost definitely not getting in I still don't understand how this is possible.

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Nintendo pushing really hard for DLC and meeting with Pete Hines has made me feel that Doomguy's chances have moved up to a whopping 5%.
Please Sakurai.
If this leak pans out, Banjo Kazooie and MGS, my 2 favorite game series, will cross somehow over.

If Sakurai can go even further off the deep end and include DOOM in on this madness, I don't think I'll ever need to play another game ever.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Breath in

I mean, for me, nothing could be better than Banjo, so that soft confirms him being included. :troll:

But yeah, this could potentially get interesting...

Chrollo.

fka president wario
Breath in

That’s it

It’s confirmed

We’re getting Broly

IMainKingKRool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NYEH_HEH_HEH
i can't even imagine a better roster than the leak, the grinch's roster is so good
unless we got something brainmelting like master chief

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
except all the people who have done stuff like this for fun have talked about how hard it was to just draw the art for the characters, let alone how long it would take to readjust everything, draw the other stuff to fit, all while working at an advertising company.
Hard doesn't mean undoable though. Recall the Ray-man keak? People will do crazy things for the sake of an internet hoax. Visual proof isn't always enough these days.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Guys, remember, this is the final Smash direct but not necessarily the final Smash announcement. If there really is a second direct this month, and it's a Nintendo Direct (or Mini Direct), we could easily get 1 or 2 more characters.

I'm anticipating about 4-5 characters this direct though.
Insiders are saying every remaining character will be revealed here before Sora as dlc. So that is unlikely but could still happen.
Breath in

How the hell do you top the leaked roster?

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
What are some themed DLC packs you guys would like to see or can dream up.

KOEI-Tecmo Pack:
Ninja Gaiden
Suezo
Zhao Yun

Indie Pack:
Sans
Shantae
Shovel Knight
Some I'd like to see:

Newbies pack (for very recent characters):
- Springman
- Rex
- Pokémon du jour (probably Incineroar since he's now got a lot of support)
also with a new ARMS stage

Sidekicks pack:
- Dixie
- Tails
- BDee

Bethesda pack:
- Dovahkiin
- Doomguy
with a stage for each and Vault Boy as an assist trophy

Zelda pack:
- Skull Kid
- Urbosa
- Midna

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
Can't wait for the direct! Hoping the leak is accurate, but the hype will be real no matter what.

This is my scientifically crafted DLC prediction:
DLC (Phase 1)
Incineroar (it's my guess he was scrapped mid-development)
Skull Kid
Sora

DLC (Phase 2)
Saki Amamiya
Midna
Spring Man / Ribbon Girl

DLC (Phase 3)
Shantae
de Blob
Amaterasu

And unrelated to everything else, I'm predicting for fun too that Olimar's costume swaps will include Louie, The President, Alph, Charlie and Brittany this time. I would main the President especially.

paper roxy

Smash Ace
Hard doesn't mean undoable though. Recall the Ray-man keak? People will do crazy things for the sake of an internet hoax. Visual proof isn't always enough these days.
its insanely improbable that someone was willing to waste possible weeks of their time drawing the characters, repositioning, drawing obscured details, and then risk losing their job by using their professional printer just to fool some people on the internet

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
Can we all agree though? If stuff happens to be real and whatever happens during the Final Smash Direct...

WE WILL ALL BE FREE FROM VINNY'S GRASP. WE WILL BE THE ONE WHO GUH-HUHS.

He crushed me during Microsofts presentation. I jumped off my feet when i heard that banjo jingle.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Sometimes I see posts like this and remember how stupidly lucky I am when it comes to Smash. My three favorite characters of all time :ultlink::ultlucina::ultshulk: and my favorite Pokemon :ultlucario: two times in a row now. I guess it's why I'm not really that invested in newcomers.

Wish you guys luck in getting your wants :drohyou:
I can't claim to not be lucky myself.

:ultrobin:(♀) and :ultlucina: were characters I really wanted in Smash 4, and I got them in the same trailer. My Melee main :ultyounglink: is back. My biggest hype character :ultdaisy: is in. :ultinkling: is in and looks SO GOOD. It doesn't matter who's announced in this direct. This game's roster is fantastic.

But in a game where almost anyone can be added, it's natural to continue to desire more. I've wanted Midna since before Brawl came out. I want Resident Evil in Smash in some capacity, as it's my favorite game franchise. And I want Hawke because I just do. Best character in anything ever. But I can't say I haven't gotten so much of what I want already.

osby

Smash Obsessed
How Ham would this thread go if the Grinch Leak got disconfirmed by a leak of the Direct?
I'd be a little bummed but I'm sure I'd still be satisfied from the results. I never was fully on Team Real, anyway.

Chrollo.

fka president wario
Insiders are saying every remaining character will be revealed here before Sora as dlc. So that is unlikely but could still happen.

How the hell do you top the leaked roster?
I’d imagine that more fan favorites like Skull Kid and Elma may be one of the “multiple characters not on the mural”.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Breath in

That's more like it!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom