• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tako Tuesday

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0245-5753-9220
Well, everyone...I've completed my rounds of good luck on all the appropriate threads, so I'm coming back here to tell you all:

Whomever you support, whatever you believe, I truly hope you all all get what you're hoping for in this (likely final) direct. If there's any Smash game that can do it, it's this one.

Let's. Go.

(RIP my notifications tab after all this luck wishing, lol...)
LET'S GO EDGY McHEDGY

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Nice! Well I’m fully Polish, I live in Warsaw. My grandma emigrated to NY for 20 years when my mom was a young adult, she’s back now tho.
It’s hard being a Nintendo fan here, It’s not nearly close to being as popular as XBox or PS. It’s getting better with the Switch era, but It’s slow progress, at least now Nintendo is always at Big Polish Conventions, that’s how I played Ultimate last weekend. (see, this wasn’t off topic)
It's like that anywhere you go it seems, even here in the US. Nintendo doesn't really got the name power it had back in the 90s outside of japan anymore.. Anyway i'm really only half but its the biggest half of my as my fathers side of the family lived in brooklyn for ages and were immigrants all over europe. Particularly Ireland, Italy, Germany, Southern France and Wales. They say america is a melting pot but really its mostly brooklyn.. and not as much as it used to be since a bunch of hipsters moved in..

Condenir

Smash Apprentice
Nobody said they should put characters based on gender. It's just some people are sad that "deserving" female characters like Elma or Dixie Kong aren't suitable for the base roster because the newcomer choices somehow favor older characters.
^^^ this this this. I wouldn’t want say like...Candy Kong...because she literally is never playable, is barely relevant, and has absolutely no move set potential(I’m sorry if you want her;( )
But Elma and Dixie are both playable, star in their own games(whatever debate on Elma being the star) and literally DO things in game that legit would make up a Moveset. They just seem like strange omissions to me? Not saying they deserve it more than others AT ALL bc the smash fans have enournous support for their...sometimes strange...characters but I like that. Just feels weird that their seemingly sometimes overlooked. (Note this is nothing against Nintendo bc I truly just am obsessed with them and love them so I don’t want you guys to think I’m calling them sexist or anything...just like oops maybe there’s something I’m missing Idk?)

SonicMario

Smash Master
I want a demo. Even if it's a limited one like the 3DS demo that only had 5 characters. Though one with the E3 Roster would be absolutely supreme.

If it's a limited roster like the aforementioned 3DS one though. It's probably 3 veterans (Maybe the same Mario, Link, and Pikachu) plus Inkling and RIdley.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Smash 4 Direct had a total of 39 minutes amd the only newcomer it announced was Greninja. Time isn't indicative to the number of reveals at all.
Maybe but let's be honest. Sakurai has done the bare minimum to cover stuff. He wants us to see it ourselves this time. We also have insiders claiming like 5 different characters so I think character focus is a thing here.

Also we're getting two echos no doubt, thats a minute of coverage and two characters down. And no way are they not opening and closing on a trailer.. So thats 4.

And with either DLC at the end or a reveal in the middle,it wouldn't take too much time. There's a reason treehouse is streaming afterwards. Sakurai likely will want us to see the remaining roster in action over talking about it, which saves a lot of time.

google chrom

Smash Apprentice
I'm kind of curious if there will be a demo, considering that if you placed an order on amazon for another gamecube controller or adapter (like me) back in July, it got updated from shipping out the end of the year to shipping then to smash's release date, and then to this friday.

It's just my hope lol.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Besides Incineroar, what banner character are people most certain about? Geno? Isaac?
Ken's the one we're all certain about. He was on both Grinch and Box Theory and pretty much I haven't seen a single credible person say he isn't in. There was also the image leak regarding him.

If Ken isn't in I'm going to be so lost.

(it's also the one everyone forgets about on grinch leak)

MysticKnives

Smash Ace
So just for fun, if the leak was real, which other characters would be in their trailer? Or heck, who would be in the trailer for whoever else you think is in?

Isaac: Link, Marth
Mach Rider: Wario on his bike
Chorus Kids: Maybe DK with his bongos?
Geno: Mario, Bowser
Banjo: Diddy Kong
Isaac: Link, Ness
Mach Rider: Captain Falcon
Chorus Kids: Jigglypuff, DK
Geno: Mario, Bowser, Peach
Banjo: Diddy

Nightguything

Smash Journeyman
I'm hoping that Lloyd will be revealed in the direct since he's the only character I want at this point. But if the rumors that's he's the Mewtwo of DLC, I would like that too. He'll probably would be released around January & February to coincide with Tales of Vesperia HD.
My most wanted newcomer, I join you in faith.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Reminder that Castlevania was noted specifically to be a special case and legit had a **** ton of music made for the game too. It was considered special to a good amount of the development team.
Honestly, I attribute it to the fact that Castlevania really should've been repped as far back as Brawl. It was just making up for lost time.

P1ZZ4CHU

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7373-2961-4511
Why is it that all the toxic people are on resetera.
The problem with NeoGAF, and ResetEra by extension, is that you can be banned for political differences. This leads to one side of the political coin feeling emboldened, like they can say whatever it is they want without fear of reprisal, and that breeds a lot of false confidence.

When you're given free reign to be a jerk to people who don't think like you in one arena, you naturally assume it extends to all others, and the moderators don't seem to care.

It's not a nice place to hang out.

KiBom

Smash Journeyman
So just for fun, if the leak was real, which other characters would be in their trailer? Or heck, who would be in the trailer for whoever else you think is in?

Mach Rider: Wario on his bike
Chorus Kids: Maybe DK with his bongos?
Geno: Mario, Bowser
Banjo: Diddy Kong
Isaac: Robin
Mach Rider: Wario, Falcon and Shadow/Sonic racing on the highway before Mach Rider zooms past.
Chorus Kids: Duck Hunt Dog freaking out at high pitch noise before everyone else
Geno: Mario, Bowser, Cloud
Banjo: Has to be Diddy and maybe K Rool

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I know he’s practically guaranteed to be an echo, but I’d honestly prefer Ken as a semi-clone. In the street fighter games, Ken and Ryu have had quite a few differences for a while, and considering ryu is made to be as true to street fighter as possible, I’d hope the same would be done for Ken.

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
While most people are excited for new character reveals in the final direct, I am just waiting for them to launch a demo of Ultimate.

Never played Ultimate despite appearing in conventions/tournaments and I wanted to play REALLY BADLY.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I know he’s practically guaranteed to be an echo, but I’d honestly prefer Ken as a semi-clone. In the street fighter games, Ken and Ryu have had quite a few differences for a while, and considering ryu is made to be as true to street fighter as possible, I’d hope the same would be done for Ken.
I wish the same for all echoes, but honestly with Dark Samus being an echo, I could see a loooooot of characters getting the echo treatment.

monadoboy

Smash Lord

And Shulk to complete the Rathalos picture in Colosseum.

P1ZZ4CHU

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7373-2961-4511
Say guys, how would you compare the toxicity here to places like Resetera?
It can get bad here but I've seen one thing happen on Smashboards that I haven't seen anywhere else: People talked out their differences and agreed that we're all in this rickety canoe together.

I really haven't seen that anywhere else I've gone to talk about Smash, and that's special.

FalcoXP

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3205-1052-7736
It's like that anywhere you go it seems, even here in the US. Nintendo doesn't really got the name power it had back in the 90s outside of japan anymore.. Anyway i'm really only half but its the biggest half of my as my fathers side of the family lived in brooklyn for ages and were immigrants all over europe. Particularly Ireland, Italy, Germany, Southern France and Wales. They say america is a melting pot but really its mostly brooklyn.. and not as much as it used to be since a bunch of hipsters moved in..
Yep.In Mexico Nintendo was a big thing during the 90's and early 2000's, the advertising was strong. Then, in mid 2000's just stopped or descreased its presence.

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Yep.In Mexico Nintendo was a big thing during the 90's and early 2000's, the advertising was strong. Then, in mid 2000's just stopped or descreased its presence.
Yeah was probably the playstation and then microsoft entering the fray that did it.. Sega couldnt handle it and they buckled out entirely and the n64 didn't do as hot as ps1. Gamecube didn't have much third party love and the wii and wii u forget it..

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
My predictions for the direct:

Issac opens the direct

Incenroar after

Echos.

Spirits is a thing

Online talk

Confirms trophies are replaced

New item showcase

new pokemon and assist trophy showcase.

Test Fire

Geno revealed

"That's all the info you need to know on smash ultimate, with this our roster of all stars is complete"

OBJECTION!

*Pheonix wright trailer plays

Probably not but something I think could happen:

After geno, Monster Hunter is shown as day one DLC since they couldn't finish them before the game went gold.

Also please give me bandanna dee,

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I can't really say--I don't really see SmashBoards as being that toxic, and it's for the most part, pretty fun and friendly. I definitely took months of lurking scouring different boards, and picked this as the best. We can get into heated arguments, and sometimes it gets a bit too much for me, but I wouldn't consider that toxic and outside of those ****ing horrible images and people sometimes encouraging salt and ****ting on other characters* (all bad, but limited from my experience), it's been for the most part pretty healthy. :upsidedown:

*and, of course, I've had to learn and grown on my part as well

paper roxy

Smash Ace
Mine too! I lost two great-grandparents and my great uncle to the Soviet Union and the Bolsheviks.

I'm not sure why the common logic is that we probably can't get 7 character reveals in the Direct. 40 minutes of airtime is enough to show off a lot of material, not to mention the possibility that they could start revealing smaller pieces of new information in the blog.

Is Blog Theory still intact? Music Theory's dead, that much I know but ever since the Grinch I totally forgot about the Blog.
damn, music theory is dead. there goes the past 2 years i spent studying it :(

TheKnight

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3539-9322-9633
Switch FC
SW-2614-3733-6607
Compared to Resetera, from what I’ve seen, not even close. Not even close to GameFAQs either. This is a pretty nice place to hang out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom