• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurodyne

where did i put my keys
NNID
KuroSensation
That doesn't say anything imo

If they gotta add a character, multiple things have to shift, which would leak into other parts

Adding Isabelle shifted characters in two different parts. If they have to edit two parts in the end regardless, there's no reason to specifically avoid the breaks anyways.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
From RelaxAlax on Twitter. Take this however you will, I'm posting it for discussion.

It's not a bad point that the new characters all seem to fall within one image, but it ignores that other characters are shifted between images to accommodate them. Isabelle fits entirely within one panel, but she ripples out and causes changes across three panels.

doomedtacox

Smash Ace
Alright man I'm actually sticking to NintenZone this time

Some of y'all I'm fond of are turning against each other, we're all mad at each other, it's heartbreaking

I get it. The world ****ing sucks right now. So a lot of people are desperate for even a little thing like Geno in Smash to make everything feel okay. I know I am.

But some of the behavior going on here, that has been going on here for the past days, it's inexcusable even if that's your reason, and I feel it getting to me.

Some of you guys; take a break, for your own good. I never wanted a fun leak to get like this, but it has. Peace out y'all.
But the chaos is what makes it fun.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Has everyone seen that you can see a tiny portion of green from Issac's vines on little mac's shoe?View attachment 173050
Okay, that is an insane catch if true. But is there any other possible explanation for that bit of green being there? Anything that could've been caused by weird color blending, or the like? We want to be absolutely sure that this is evidence before we start shouting "Isaac was also supposed to be revealed in the September Direct" to the heavens.

Last edited:

ItsZant

Smash Cadet
So is the grinch leak pretty much confirmed now?
Well no. But the evidence supporting it is massive and constantly growing whereas there is little to nothing to debunk it, the biggest thing being insiders thinking it's fake.

Ignoritus

Smash Journeyman
Thanks, now that I know the source of the image is 4Chan, which massively compresses all images that are uploaded to it, I am confident in saying this is jpeg compression. If someone can get me a screenshot of this glitch that doesn't come from 4chan, I'll reconsider this opinion.

Current Banner:

This glitched banner:

The same color tones that are blue on both Mac's shoe and Olimar's gloves are equally shifted to green in this extra compressed version.
After I hunted down the source to prove to you that this was a real thing that occurred I did take a closer look at it myself, and I do actually agree with you that it's probably nothing. The zoomed in version gave me the impression that the green bit was further into the boot on the black pixels as opposed to on the light streak. The color on the light streak is within the realm of possibility for it to compress to a green.

Potato_

Smash Lord
Lol this leak is WAY more credible than the ESRB leak and y'all still won't admit it. To claim its fake is genuinely one of the most crazy things I've ever heard.
I actually think the leak is real but okay.

To say this thing is more legit than the ESRB leak, that had video with it, is a little much imo.

I also don't think believing this is fake is crazy but you do you I guess.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
This thread is getting hotter than Incineroar's weird fire crotch belt.

Y'all need to calm down and remember that this is just a video game. This leak could end up fake, or it could end up real. Regardless of the outcome, it'll probably have little to no effect on the rest of your life, so stop acting like it will.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
So is the grinch leak pretty much confirmed now?
Who knows.

I just feel like everyday Team Real is constantly finding new things to support their leak and Team Fake is doing what they can to fight those discoveries. That’s what it boils down to now it seems since the leak itself is still just as alive as ever for the last week and hasn’t been debunked.

Plumstar

Smash Apprentice
My suggestion to you, since it's what I'm about to do: save a pic of the leak itself and just look it instead of coming here all the time. I'm personally just looking at it an admiring how much work went into it if it's fake, and how killer of a base roster this would be if real.

I'm gonna limit myself to a few times a day because it's just too much now, i agree
Right, I don't come here daily either. I just wanted to see anything new about the leak, but I didn't think it would be this much. I literally read all of this today, all of this was posted today which is crazy to me. I can't wait until this leak is done, whether it's real or fake.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Alright man I'm actually sticking to NintenZone this time

Some of y'all I'm fond of are turning against each other, we're all mad at each other, it's heartbreaking

I get it. The world ****ing sucks right now. So a lot of people are desperate for even a little thing like Geno in Smash to make everything feel okay. I know I am.

But some of the behavior going on here, that has been going on here for the past days, it's inexcusable even if that's your reason, and I feel it getting to me.

Some of you guys; take a break, for your own good. I never wanted a fun leak to get like this, but it has. Peace out y'all.
Yep this type of chaos happened during the esrb leak too

I hate everyone being anger or going against each other

I don’t like this team real and team fake thing anymore

Nintendo please reveal a character so we can end the war

KMDP

Smash Legend
https://twitter.com/RelaxAlax/status/1056699985570422784

So does this support or hurt the leak? Kind of confused.
From RelaxAlax on Twitter. Take this however you will, I'm posting it for discussion.

Okay, this is my take.

This could be another point that backs up the Grinch Leak.

Basically, were this to be fake, the fake leaker would have had to account for the partitions and place the new characters correctly to keep away from them.

Nintendo would rather the new characters not cross over the partitions (with the exception of Chrom) for the exact reason that we got the Little Mac/Olimar break after the reveal of Isabelle. It'd be embarrassing if the image didn't update properly and the brand new hype-worthy character is only half there, something everyone will notice (rather than the Little Mac/Olimar thing which might slip under the radar), even having Chrom at the end of the image is a huge risk.

Obviously the leaker could have taken the 6 pictures directly from the website to make the leak, but I find it unlikely that they'd notice such a detail (that all the new characters bar Chrom aren't on the partitions of the image), RelaxAlax is the first person (to my knowledge) to bring this point up.

Last edited:

Fortnite4Smash

Smash Apprentice
I actually think the leak is real but okay.

To say this thing is more legit than the ESRB leak, that had video with it, is a little much imo.

I also don't think believing this is fake is crazy but you do you I guess.
With everything surrounding this leak? it being fake is out of the question. To assume that for it to be fake, the faker is the second coming of Einstein who has thought like 10000 steps ahead of us etc, is actually crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom