• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

These leaked characters make me a little sad. It's basically the dream roster for everyone including me but...I still want my Frosted Flakes!
TONY THE TIGER flakes out of the fight!

TONY ISN'T HERE!

RandomAce

Smash Champion
To everyone who **** on Incineroar and desperately wanted Verge to be wrong....

....you won.
You ****ing won.....

I hope you ******** are satisfied.....
It’s not over yet, dude.

I’m sadly on the opposition though. (In terms of character support)) :(

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Oh my god, you're still talking about the same thing lol. Well, cheerio for now haha.
You keep acting like we're fools for discussing this???

The biggest leak to date???

In the thread for the game it is a leak for????

Sorry I guess let's return to being vile to each other and talking about how stupid [a character people want] is before hopping back to talking about Xenoblade or something.

Apologies if I come off as hostile but after this drought? Let us have this my friend.

Buzzwole

Smash Ace
Unlikely, I doubt anyone would look into what compant helps BN with marketing, and then sneak in some Grinch for good luck.
Oh I agree that it's unlikely. I'm just trying to think of anything to convince myself its fake. I don't want to get my hopes up.

D

Deleted member

Wasnt there someone here talking about the potential of there being an Everyone is Here of new characters? Man that would be wild if that ended up being true.
I saw someone say something similar on /v/. (probably the same person), makes a lot of sense, and is the sort of sneaky thing Sakurai would do. He's been going on an on about how this game is "Ultimate" in every sense of the word. So it certainly lines up.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Just would like to point out that if the leak is real, then it will be completely impossible for us to have a full, 8-player Smash consisting of nothing but third parties without excluding at least two of them at a time.

And that's not even counting Echoes.

Remember how having :ultmario::ultpacman::ultsonic: and :ultmegaman: fill up a 4 player match was the biggest accomplishment? Holy ****.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Guess the E3 mural present at all event is the final roster then. :4pacman:
No, because this is clearly promo art made to coincide with the launch, dummy. :p

Launch art would obviously be final. And the Kiosks with the demo will also have the final build as well.
I'm still gonna lose my mind
I could see a video of this and still be in disbelief until the Direct
Oh me too. But now I wish I didn't know about this leak. It's ironic really.

Graizen

Smash Champion
If they put Omnimon in place of Agumon...

I don't know how to feel about this...

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
My legitimate, actual condolences to @GoldenYuiitusin and all other Incineroar supporters. If this leak is legit, then this is such a ****ty way to have your character-of-choice deconfirmed. If it's fake and Ken + Incineroar are the final two characters, then you'll have to deal with everyone complaining about your favorite character as if THEY were the reason that Isaac and Banjo-Kazooie aren't in the game. Either way, you guys got the short end of the stick.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Wait, because I fell asleep last night, I didn't see the stage blog post. We're all aware of it, right?

Noipoi

Howdy!
It seems we’re some of the few Incineroar believers left. I’m not giving up on my tiger Boi just yet. I’ll rally for him till the end!

View attachment 171606
It's not over yet, buddy.

Besides, we Tiger bros are accustomed to fighting against the odds.

It ain't over until the final direct is shown!

And if any of you think it's over already and Incineroar is dead!!
1477681347426.png

Porygon2

Smash Journeyman
It's not crazy. It's a perfect way to build up insane amounts of hype just weeks before your game launches.
It's crazy in the same way that releasing a new Smash less than 3 years after development ended on the last one, which caters more to competitive players, and which includes references to memes in its Ridley reveal trailer is crazy.

Last edited:

TheMilkmann

Smash Apprentice
Idea: If the Grinch leak turns out to be real, I can see them doing one big trailer that reveals every new fighter on the banner sans Banjo, and have that trailer tie into Spirits mode, if it is as big as we think it is. Banjo would be the final reveal at the end of the direct.

D

Deleted member

It's not over yet, buddy.

Besides, we Tiger bros are accustomed to fighting against the odds.

It ain't over until the final direct is shown!

And if any of you think it's over already and Incineroar is dead!!
View attachment 171607
We are DLC pals!

Join Crash fans like me, and we can work to get both.

Last edited by a moderator:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Not quite:

Hopefully my sarcasm reflected the wishy-washy nature of the nitpick. It's there, so I'd be remiss not to include it. But as much as I want to debunk this leak to get some peace of mind, people have had a difficult time with it. An overwhelming amount of evidence for support needs an equal or more overwhelming amount of evidence to debunk (not just nitpicks). Doesn't mean it's real--means if it's fake, it's a really good fake. I remain firmly in the skeptical but open minded camp.

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
Don't think that moving characters, making an empty background and mix everything in a blurry pic is something hard. If you got enough talent it could last less than a day. It could be a very detailed fake, people can be amazing.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Can't wait to see the next Direct when this leak will be debunked.

I can't believe how easy to trick people are, even if you bring them evidence.

Nintendo needs to announce a Direct as soon as possible, to stop all this.

In the meanwhile, those people who make money on leaks (youtubers, news sites, etc) will be very happy.

Potato_

Smash Lord
Idea: If the Grinch leak turns out to be real, I can see them doing one big trailer that reveals every new fighter on the banner sans Banjo, and have that trailer tie into Spirits mode, if it is as big as we think it is. Banjo would be the final reveal at the end of the direct.
EVERYONE (else) IS HERE!

D

Deleted member

It's crazy in the same way that releasing a new Smash less than 3 years after development ended on the last one, which caters more to competitive players, and includes references to memes in its Ridley reveal trailer is crazy.
It certainly lives up its name of being "Ultimate."

Chrollo.

fka president wario
You know, thinking about it now the leak is fake because it’s missing one person.

DIO

**** Goku, we need some JoJo representation in Smash!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom