• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
So, if this ends up being real... and it was that ONE text leak from September.... do we legit call this the "**** Nintendo" leak?

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
The banner is slightly cut off in the "leak" picture, if you at pichu's thunder and both images and compare it with the break in the clouds it fits
Let a man have some hope okay?
crying cat.jpg
In all seriousness, I still don't quite believe this leak. Only one I've seen that's been convincing is the Ken leak, which hasn't been disproven. Artsy Omni already proved how easy it is to make a convincing leak with Smash 4. It's just a matter of waiting for a direct to come along and either prove, or disprove it. Unless of course some evidence comes to light that we don't know of yet.

Isaac for Smash Pls

Smash Journeyman
Honestly this would be the hypest roster imaginable. I don't want to let myself believe it's real because it seems too good to be true, but all the circumstancial info is there.

If nothing else, this is the most exciting thing that's happened in weeks. Beats the hell out of discussing Verge and box theory for the billionth time.

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
It's not weird. Their 20th aniversary figure used their n64 design recently (Same pose as this leak as well)
It's not just that, but all their merch has been the N64 design this year. I've been saying for a while that I couldn't see Microsoft doing it, but could see Sakurai going back to their N64 designs.

That being said, just because I can't see it happening doesn't mean it can't and there are plenty of other alternatives. Does give me a little hope, though.

D

Deleted member

Man, I wish this leak could be real. I don't even care if the roster got leak, I've been stuck in this info drought for too long and I just want to see the damn roster already!

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
So, here's what we know:

-Eric Bricard is a graphic designer for a French printing company that prints for, among other companies, Bandai Namco.

-He leaked the full Mural of the game. (If this is real.)

-He posted his name with this leak for unknown reasons, since fake or not, people now know he's done something that'll probably get him fired.

-He has bad will towards Nintendo, as his leak has "**** Nintendo lol" in it when you translate it to English.

-Nothing has definitely proven the Mural fake, possibly due to its very poor quality.

-The characters "leaked" are Ken, Shadow, Geno, Banjo & Kazooie, Mach Rider, Chorus Kids, and Isaac.

-Some dude on Fireden/Reddit is trying to engage in a disinformation attempt for unknown reasons. This occurred with the ESRB leak quite a bit, so it's presumably trolling to sow chaos in a highly uncertain situation.

We really don't know what the truth is, but until some other shoe drops we're left in the dark because what gives this traction is mostly the situation surrounding the picture itself.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Looking a bit away from the banner, is this character known from another franchise/movie (like the Grinch in the pictures) or could it be a Banjo render with its design updated for Smash?

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Looking a bit away from the banner, is this character known from another franchise/movie (like the Grinch in the pictures) or could it be a Banjo render with its design updated for Smash?
I mean that's a bear*, but certainly doesn't look like Banjo. Getting more Country Bears vibes from that. :chuckle:

EDIT: *apparently not--I suck at zoology apparently.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
pg leak.png

Here's the text leak for your PG censored convenience.

doomedtacox

Smash Ace
Someone linked it either this page or last, you have to Control+F to find it in the thread, but the image is a "CHAD Ganondorf"
Holy crap it lines up perfectly, this is from sept 28:

suck my ****ing **** these sources are literally pulled out of someone’s ass they guessed a few things right but they’re broken clocks . .lol. give nintendo more credit there is literally a team of people that curate the hype train you think they’d ****ing put fire emblem literally whos and boring ass pokemon in the final stretch i feel bad for the disappointingly large number of people who have accepted their fate and think that ****ing steve and a GRANBLUE character will make it too christ
the team has has made impossible **** happen and you ****s are losing hype because you’re humouring these ****ty theories because someone saw a headline about cygames and nintendo working together so proof! wow this “source” guessed isabelle and simon proof! iaac btfo!
here’s an actual ****ing leak you ****s
there is no new playable pokemon boo hoo be happy with the NINE you have now
there is no ****ing steve
there is no more fire emblem
there is no granblue. but
shadow and ken are echoes
isaac is in
chorus kids are in
geno is in
mach rider is in
banjo is in
ray (01) was cut
monster hunter was cut
dixie kong was cut
tabuu, necrozma, crazy hand, and spirit hand are bosses
suck my **** wait and see **** you all **** leakers **** nintendo **** you

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
So, here's what we know:

-Eric Bricard is a graphic designer for a French printing company that prints for, among other companies, Bandai Namco.

-He leaked the full Mural of the game. (If this is real.)

-He posted his name with this leak for unknown reasons, since fake or not, people now know he's done something that'll probably get him fired.

-He has bad will towards Nintendo, as his leak has "**** Nintendo lol" in it when you translate it to English.

-Nothing has definitely proven the Mural fake, possibly due to its very poor quality.

-The characters "leaked" are Ken, Shadow, Geno, Banjo & Kazooie, Mach Rider, Chorus Kids, and Isaac.

-Some dude on Fireden/Reddit is trying to engage in a disinformation attempt for unknown reasons. This occurred with the ESRB leak quite a bit, so it's presumably trolling to sow chaos in a highly uncertain situation.

We really don't know what the truth is, but until some other shoe drops we're left in the dark because what gives this traction is mostly the situation surrounding the picture itself.
He did try to cover his name up, so I don't think he ever intended for his name to get out there, people have just managed to uncover it, because I guess that's what 4chan does.

Last edited:

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
Didn't the guy who dropped the ESRB leak get sued? Idk who in the world would want to risk that, just for a few moments of "glory". Like sure, we're in an info drought, but I'd still rather get the info legitimately through a hype direct, rather than from a single sketchy image/text leak.

D

Deleted member

Is that the Grinch's dog?

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
If this ends up being true(Not saying it is), this picture will have never been more appropriate than now:

View attachment 171451
I would be physically incapable of asking him for anything if this were true.

Holy crap it lines up perfectly, this is from sept 28:

suck my ****ing **** these sources are literally pulled out of someone’s *** they guessed a few things right but they’re broken clocks . .lol. give nintendo more credit there is literally a team of people that curate the hype train you think they’d ****ing put fire emblem literally whos and boring *** pokemon in the final stretch i feel bad for the disappointingly large number of people who have accepted their fate and think that ****ing steve and a GRANBLUE character will make it too christ
the team has has made impossible **** happen and you ****s are losing hype because you’re humouring these ****ty theories because someone saw a headline about cygames and nintendo working together so proof! wow this “source” guessed isabelle and simon proof! iaac btfo!
here’s an actual ****ing leak you ****s
there is no new playable pokemon boo hoo be happy with the NINE you have now
there is no ****ing steve
there is no more fire emblem
there is no granblue. but
shadow and ken are echoes
isaac is in
chorus kids are in
geno is in
mach rider is in
banjo is in
ray (01) was cut
monster hunter was cut
dixie kong was cut
tabuu, necrozma, crazy hand, and spirit hand are bosses
suck my **** wait and see **** you all **** leakers **** nintendo **** you
That last line makes me burst out laughing.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
The fact the Grinch's dog is in the background is such an odd weird detail and makes me lean real. A guy in marketing would probably also be potentially marketing a Grinch movie that's coming out this winter season as well.

It also makes me wonder why someone who is clearly working on high profile projects like these would risk this **** if real though.

Ring-a-Sheep

Smash Ace
"Banner theory" Is the hot new theory on the block, since music theory got ****ed royally, blog theory...hasn't really gone anywhere and box theory is box theory. So come on get ya theories here, fresh hot theories off the grill.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
It still feels REALLY ****IN WEIRD we have all these Pokeball Alolan Pokemon and apparently a BOSS but no playable Gen 7 rep.... But.... I'm willing to sacrifice that.

FOR THE GREATER GOOD

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I think I just inadvertently slammed the new Grinch movie by calling the dog "Cool Cat with a comb-over." I literally know nothing about the movie to the point where I don't even recognize promotional stills...

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
Didn't the guy who dropped the ESRB leak get sued? Idk who in the world would want to risk that, just for a few moments of "glory". Like sure, we're in an info drought, but I'd still rather get the info legitimately through a hype direct, rather than from a single sketchy image/text leak.
If this is real the leaker is ****ED!!! It's not anonymous we literally know his name.

Last edited:

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
Also, from what I understand based on the 4chan Thread, THIS IS NOT A SINGLE IMAGE. This is a snapchat recording that Bricard started, someone took photos, and posted them on discord in a way that made the Mural align. So he didn't risk his career on a blurry image if true, he risked it on a video someone took pictures of. Why? Who knows, if all of this is true

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
The fact the Grinch's dog is in the background is such an odd weird detail and makes me lean real. A guy in marketing would probably also be potentially marketing a Grinch movie that's coming out this winter season as well.

It also makes me wonder why someone who is clearly working on high profile projects like these would risk this **** if real though.
Could be like the ESRB where the guy only intended to share it with a friend.

Though why he'd include his name in any capacity is beyond me.

"Banner theory" Is the hot new theory on the block, since music theory got ****ed royally, blog theory...hasn't really gone anywhere and box theory is box theory. So come on get ya theories here, fresh hot theories off the grill.
All those theories have done a number on naming conventions considering this "theory" is literally just "COULD BE REAL".

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
So, I lined up the version of the banner without any characters to the actual banner as best I could, and it's pretty impressive how well it lines up. Nothing pops up at me as a clear discrepancy. However, speaking from experience, removing the characters from the background is pretty trivial when it's just a bunch of clouds at such a low resolution.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I think I just inadvertently slammed the new Grinch movie by calling the dog "Cool Cat with a comb-over." I literally know nothing about the movie to the point where I don't even recognize promotional stills...
To be fair?

How good could it be? The original Grinch animation works because it realizes how simple that story is and how you don't need to add a ton of content, because it's just unnecessary fluffer. It's like a 69 page book and people keep trying to make it into these big epic movies.

Like stop. Please.

All the Seuss books for that fact. Please stop.

But that is neither here/nor there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom