• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Be content not knowing if this is a half-step or full new game until E3, cause, despite people wanting to jump to conclusions, that's likely how long we're going to have to wait to find out.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
They better announce when some more stuff about the game will be shown because the internet is at a fever ****in pitch right now...

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
We really need to look at this outlines.

They could just soft confirm a lot of characters.
Obviously the 64 and Melee vets are going to be there, there's not really any reason for them not to appear.

I CANT BELIEVE THIS HAPPENED.
What do you mean you can't believe it? Obviously a new system means they're going to announce a new Smash game, it's just a matter of when.

SuperMasterHand

Smash Journeyman
Whoa ! I really like how they call it simply SuperSmashBros ! It feels clean !
I want to believe it's a new game,
They could have been using material of Smash4 to make the game in a shorter period of time, with 3 year developpement and without a 3DS game to make, they could just release a true Smash 5
It's hard to believe they waited so long just to make a basic port

Even if it's a port, it's gonna be a huge port

(Didn't post here for ages lol)

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
Check the bottom right corner of the new page. It’s still there. Which means this is something different enough to have its own page? I dunno. It can’t be a bad sign though.
It links back to the homepage at the moment, but will probably get its own site again, like when they put Brawl's / Dojo!!'s aside in favour of Super Smash Bros. for 3DS/WiiU.

TheHumanSonikku

Smash Cadet
I'm ready for fake leaks and rumor season! All aboard the hype train

Also, there was a strange unfamiliar bulky character. It could be DK, but maybe it can be a certain Kremling?

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
I still hope Krystal makes it in this time, from what I have heard she was a popular request in the Ballot, and seeing the salt on GameFAQs will be even more satisfying

RandomAce

Smash Champion
What do you mean you can't believe it? Obviously a new system means they're going to announce a new Smash game, it's just a matter of when.
Thats the point. I didn't expect them too announce it already. Still hype though.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I am positive this is Smash 5 and not Smash 4 Switch. The logos are different.

Yeah, we are gonna rehash the logo argument for months to come. :troll:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
could be an alternate costume too
Probably should be an alternate costume regardless. Obviously BotW Link is the newest design, but the standard green tunic Link is way too iconic to not be the default skin even if it's a new game. Plus, if we go with BotW designs as the main ones we run into problems with Sheik and Ganondorf.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Posting it here as well. Found it on /v/:

Shulk is Fox, Jiggs looks to be Kirby and that doesn't look like Bowser Jr. to me.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Why would they change Link's design (and most likely Zelda and probably Ganon and Sheik's, latter two requiring completely new design's) just for a port? Why not just save them up for the proper new Smash game?

I think It's most likely going to be a new game. Probably reusing assets from Smash Wii U though to speed up development (like Mario Kart Wii and Splatoon 2 did)

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Ok hold up, the logo argument already needs to be thrown away. It’s literally just a logo, guys. It means nothing one way or the other.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014

Notice how they specifically mention that Crash is a gaming icon. They're aware of Crash's importance.

Guys i think it's happening. Crash is going to be the first western 3rd party in the game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom