• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ReeseBalaski

Smash Journeyman
Here's the thing regarding those pictures. I won't repeat myself after this.

Saying that renders look unappealing/ugly is NOT a good reason to say something's fake.

Reusing models/assets from previous Smash games is not a new occurrence, so saying a character looks too similar to their appearance in a previous Smash game is NOT a good reason to say something's fake.

Ultimate has both in game renders as well as a full 2D illustrated banner in terms of artwork, so pics having inconsistent art styles is NOT a good reason to say something's fake.

We'll be able to confirm the validity of this "leak" eventually. Whether the creator comes around and says it's fake, we get reveals to confirm the validity of the pics, or something else.

Until that happens, all that's there that could point towards this being fake is some pics being blurry, as blurry images are typically used to give an air of 'mystery', when there's really none at all, because they usually turn out fake. Usually being the key word.

Again, I will say this. I am in no way saying this leak is real, nor am I trying to convince people otherwise. It's just the logic used to discredit it is very flawed and often unfounded, so in reality we don't have anything concrete for or against this "leak". Please speculate responsibly.

Last edited:

blazefan519

Smash Ace
Amidst all this chaos, I just wanted to say, never forget the Rayman leak.

This was far better done then the one we're all freaking out over right now, just saying.

Anyway that new leak is obviously fake, Agnes is clearly a photoshopped Ayumi who is a photoshopped Mac.
*Marth
Imma need you to get that right buddy boi

Untouch

Smash Master

This was far better done then the one we're all freaking out over right now, just saying.

Anyway that new leak is obviously fake, Agnes is clearly a photoshopped Ayumi who is a photoshopped Mac.
There was a major glaring issue in this one, the background wasn't aligned and animated properly.

DogManStar

Smash Ace
I mean I'd be up for it.

Any kind of SMT rep is good for me.
Agreed. Any kind of SMT representation would be great.

There’s going to be a lot of “WHO!?”

I’m kinda worried that if she was revealed there may be a lot of attacks saying how she “stole” someone else’s slot. However, I know that I and a group of supporters will be ecstatic and will be happy to see her playable, and that Sakuraiay have actually decided to give her a second chance and went with it.

Surprsingly Ayumi’s games are the only ones that I decided to play through to get a feel for where she’s from and there very good and look very fun, which is a shame because it looked like it could’ve been a great larger series.
———————————————————
Also, despite Famicom Tentei Club being about detectives and solving mysteries, it plays NOTHING like Ace Attorney, not in story, gameplay, or characters, etc. In fact, the whole premise of Famicom Tentei Club is about solving an overarching murder case that lasts per game while Ace Attorney has multiple ones in one game.

They’re not comparable.
I would love to see Ayumi in but I don't know if we're really gonna get a retro character this time around. It would be great though.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord

I wasn't exactly checking the boards when that one went down but man people must've been SALTY. I subbed to that mf and everything, I had to give it to him.

He got me, that ****ing Smashified boomed me.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Here's the thing regarding those pictures. I won't repeat myself after this.

Saying that renders look unappealing/ugly is NOT a good reason to say something's fake.

Reusing models/assets from previous Smash games would is not a new occurrence, so saying a character looks too similar to their appearance in a previous Smash game is NOT a good reason to say something's fake.

Ultimate has both in game renders as well as a full 2D illustrated banner in terms of artwork, so pics having inconsistent art styles is NOT a good reason to say something's fake.

We'll be able to confirm the validity of this "leak" eventually. Whether the creator comes around and says it's fake, we get reveals to confirm the validity of the pics, or something else.

Until that happens, all that's there that could point towards this being fake is some pics being blurry, as blurry images are typically used to give an air of 'mystery', when there's really none at all, because they usually turn out fake. Usually being the key word.

Again, I will say this. I am in no way saying this leak is real, nor am I trying to convince people otherwise. It's just the logic used to discredit it is very flawed and often unfounded, so in reality we don't have anything concrete for or against this "leak". Please speculate responsibly.
To add on to this,

The characters in a leak is NOT a good reason to say it's fake!

People refused to buy the ESRB leak at first because it lacked Mewtwo, and look at what happened...

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Actually he's a light novel character...

That revealed too much about me didn't it...
I mean, maybe you know that because of the fighting game that Kirito was in that actually exists for real.

I love some of the characters in this game. Tomoka just being there is hilarious, to say nothing of her moveset.

LetterO

Smash Lord
This makes me curious, how big were Rythm Heaven reps in the ballot?
I don't think one was too big on the likes of Geno or such, but I still think they have a super likely chance. A RH rep was scrapped from Smash 4, so we know Sakurai had his eyes on them, and probably won't give up on making one work (see Ditto, Chrom, etc.). People sleep on this franchise too much, and it's unfortunate.

Chrono.

I mean, maybe you know that because of the fighting game that Kirito was in that actually exists for real.

I love some of the characters in this game. Tomoka just being there is hilarious, to say nothing of her moveset.
As much as I hate Kirito, he was really fun in this game.

In this anime-ass game I own for some reason.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
im gonna be honest

Chroms render kinda sucks bad and looks just as bad as the leaks we are seeing

considering some renders were updated randomly like falco's and palutena's and alot from the E3 build, i wouldn't be surprised if some of these are incomplete. Not to say this is real thought but its definitely possible

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
To add on to this,

The characters in a leak is NOT a good reason to say it's fake!

People refused to buy the ESRB leak at first because it lacked Mewtwo, and look at what happened...

I know people HATE the Neogaf leak for having Soren and Galacta Knight in it, but it technically falls in the same category here. Nothing in that leak has been disproven yet either. The only thing missing from it is Vergeben's claim on Incineroar, and we don't know if that is true yet either.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
If nothing else I'm glad this leak sparked some discussion.

If that was the final roster with, say, Incineroar as the question mark, I'd be very pleased.

Chrono.

im gonna be honest

Chroms render kinda sucks bad and looks just as bad as the leaks we are seeing

considering some renders were updated randomly like falco's and palutena's and alot from the E3 build, i wouldn't be surprised if some of these are incomplete. Not to say this is real thought but its definitely possible
This leak has been wild.

We've gone from "it's fake" to "it's really fake" to "now hold up just a..."

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
The Kirito talk reminded me that Dengeki Fighting Climax actually has an interesting Seaside Hill remix from Jun Senoue that I really dig. I'd be down for this being in Smash.

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Eh, I think it's too early to count this out as entirely busted.

All I've seen is an existing Isabelle that doesn't line up and an existing Skull Kid that does line up.

I mean, they look ugly here but maybe they are ugly until we see them in full.

EDIT: Welp, the post above is much more convincing.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
If nothing else I'm glad this leak sparked some discussion.

If that was the final roster with, say, Incineroar as the question mark, I'd be very pleased.
Honestly, it's weird.

We really haven't gotten many 'effort' leaks this time around, and I don't know why.

Maybe it's due to just how soon the game will be out, but it honestly feels like the fakers aren't trying this time, which is sad.

So when I see something like this, I love it, fake or not.

Chrono.

I know people HATE the Neogaf leak for having Soren and Galacta Knight in it, but it technically falls in the same category here. Nothing in that leak has been disproven yet either. The only thing missing from it is Vergeben's claim on Incineroar, and we don't know if that is true yet either.
MK having a Galacta Knight inspired alt kinda deals a blow to that leak.

They even edited his mask to resemble Galacta Knight, they wouldn't do that if they were just gonna make GK an echo.

We're getting Morpho as an echo instead.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
As previously stated, I'm fine with the current roster, so come what may, I'll be okay.

Though my opinion on Incineroar isn't necessraily perfect, it would skyrocket if it ends up having a German Suplex. That'd be all kinds of hilariauwesome.
I know that because I used to read light novels...
I mean, it was a joke, but that's okay.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I would know if you people were posting the same images as me if I could see the images you were posting without needing to quote others.

What's with Smashboards for me? Why I can't I see images!?!

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Adobe Photoshop is a raster graphics editor developed and published by Adobe Systems for macOS and Windows. Photoshop was created in 1988 by Thomas and John Knoll.
Man, what a fraud.

Everyone knows real fake leakers use MS Paint.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
What about this one?

Just like the Isabelle render, it's very close, but there are slight differences. The green protrudes more from the spikes in Smash 4 and the red stripe in the center is rounded down in Smash 4 rather than upward. Granted, Photoshop is a thing, but it's not 1:1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom