• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
Fake or not real...who the **** is the first person
I genuinely am interested in whos the girl more than if this is fake or not

Like maybe whoever made the render was trying to make a agnes but messed up entirely to the point where no one can figure out who it is

Untouch

Smash Master
Yeah I don’t think it’s any of the Fatal Frame girls, NONE of them look like that

Source: I’m a dedicated Fatal Frame fan
Honestly It doesn't look like any character, which is a huge red flag with how incredibly Sakurai's attention to detail is.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
The leak should already be fake based on the fact that if the girl IS someone from Bravely Default or Tifa, then the question is why the hell Sakurai chose them instead of Geno.
The characters in a leak don't make it fake.

Shroob

Sup?
Isn't the Skull Kid image literally his Smash4 model?

Regardless, I love this leak.

Not because it's real, because it most certainly isn't, but because they actually put effort into it instead of the million fake text leaks.

When was the last time Ultimate had a legit convincing looking 'leak'? Wasn't it the Springman/Decidueye video?

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
I honestly thought that Issac picture was Lloyd. In fact my first thought was actually photoshopped Lloyd. It looks so much like his official render in Soul Calibur Legends to me.

Shroob

Sup?
It wouldn't make sense considering how much fans have clamored for Geno and even Sakurai himself wanting him.
I mean, that's great and all, but Square has the final say. Don't think a 3rd party character is ever a lock when there's two to sometimes even three companies having to play nice with one another.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Ken looks like he just smelled one of his own farts and is amused and disgusted that he recognizes exactly what he ate to make it smell the way it does. Isabelle looks like someone ate her lunch from the break room fridge for the fourth day in a row and honestly debating whether or not to shoot up the place.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
actually after overlaying the images there is quite a few differences between that Isabelle render and the one in the picture

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Can you imagine if the only image they posted was the anime girl?

We'd be debating who it is until December.

Honest Slug

Smash Journeyman
I think the fact that we needed to debate on who the girl even was is proof enough the renders are not good enough to be professional quality.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
People were too busy trying to work out who top left girl is.

There's a video I've got for you. It's a children's book narrated by Samuel L. Jackson.
Let me guess: It's called Go the **** to sleep?

Last edited:

Ignoritus

Smash Journeyman
Here's skull kid btw.
This is very obviously based on the smash 4 model.
View attachment 160442
I mean it likely would be even if it were real though? Most of the character models are based on their Smash 4 models and Skull Kid's assist trophy would likely be used as a base and updated if he were upgraded to playable status I imagine.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
So Ken's pic is definitely in the same art style as Ryu's:
1535599136837.png

Same shading and everything. Of course its likely shopped, or also likely a 2d paint image, but I've never seen this Ken render before. Seriously commend the leaker for making a convincing image (the longer I look at it, it looks pretty good tbh) if he made it.

D

Deleted member

It's not even the same angle guys.
If any of you are convinced it's a tilted trophy, show me a pic.
I think the fact that we needed to debate on who the girl even was is proof enough the renders are not good enough to be professional quality.
If it's Agnes, I'm sure her dress would be enough of a tell. It's hard to tell when only having an anime face to look at.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I hate that Agnes is a topic again.

Me and Zeb used to be hardcore supporters of her as Smash 4 DLC.

She never ended up happening. I don't she will happen in Ultimate either. :'(

I would love a character whose mechanics are based on the Brave and Default RPG gameplay. There is a lot you could do storing Braves to create insane combos in Smash gameplay. Too bad that an Octopath character is more likely than Bravely character as Smash Ultimate DLC. :(

Last edited:

Untouch

Smash Master
The pattern is identical.
The spikes are in the exact same position with the exact same colours.
The only thing that's different is the eyes, which could have been edited in 10 seconds, and it's at a slightly different angle (which could have easily done from inside of smash, or another modelling program.

It matches the Mii costume as well, but no other render I could find.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom