• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FantasyBlade

Smash Apprentice
Simon was legitimately leaked? How so? I gather it originates from 4chan and some coding(?) but I don’t really understand outside of that.

If it’s true though, count me as incredibly happy. I’ve wanted the Simon rumor to be true since I first heard it. Castlevania representation in Smash would be awesome.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Was it the same source originally that told Vergeben Ridley, Simon, Ice Climbers, and Snake that said the Castlevania collection was coming? If it was, then what are the chances that they sneak that reveal into the Smash Direct as a bonus?

Also, I saw that post that had a screencap of a rant about "Sakurai Bias" and it made me think, I literally do not understand people like that. Sure, be upset that your favourite character didn't make it in, but it's not the end of the world or even Smash, and every new game increases your character's chances if you think about it.

Every Smash game has had an amazing roster for the time each game has release and I really do think we should be grateful.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Simon was legitimately leaked? How so? I gather it originates from 4chan and some coding(?) but I don’t really understand outside of that.

If it’s true though, count me as incredibly happy. I’ve wanted the Simon rumor to be true since I first heard it. Castlevania representation in Smash would be awesome.
Nintendo accidentally added a music track called Bloody Tears/Monster Dance to their YouTube Channel. So, yeah, as solid as a leak can possibly get.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?

Nintendo themselves ****ed up bu renaming one of their songs Bloody Tears.

WaxPython

Smash Ace
Is this a joke?
No, we have Kirby, Meta Knight, and King Dedede the big 3 main characters.

Anyone else would be a minor character and inconsequential.

Wow I'd love it DK got even one villain with King K Rool, Metroid is such an iconic series and only has Samus until recently with the addition of Ridley.

Kirby genuinely has enough reps

Last edited:

Darkraid

Smash Champion
Was it the same source originally that told Vergeben Ridley, Simon, Ice Climbers, and Snake that said the Castlevania collection was coming? If it was, then what are the chances that they sneak that reveal into the Smash Direct as a bonus?

Also, I saw that post that had a screencap of a rant about "Sakurai Bias" and it made me think, I literally do not understand people like that. Sure, be upset that your favourite character didn't make it in, but it's not the end of the world or even Smash, and every new game increases your character's chances if you think about it.

Every Smash game has had an amazing roster for the time each game has release and I really do think we should be grateful.
Someone screwed and put bloody tears on the youtube page. It was for galaga music

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant

One of the sources that gave him that Smash information was the one claiming a Castelvania compilation and a new Castlevania game were coming.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

A YouTube error renamed Galaga Remix Melody as Bloody Tears/Monster Dance.

The timing is kind of obvious. So there's a damn good chance he's showing up tomorrow.

WaxPython

Smash Ace
And FE has far more than it should of ever gotten
Not necessarily as fire emblem doesn't have recurring characters like Kirby does.

Why do people want a Waddle Dee? It's the same as wanting a Goomba from mario in smash.

When fire enblem gets Chrom, Hector, Lyn, and Eliwood as reps then imo fire emblem has enough reps except for the newcomer to represent the latest fire emblem game which is a given

In other news Simon Belmont get in! Richter Belmont as an alt costume and hopefully Alucard is in the game somehow.

Last edited:

FantasyBlade

Smash Apprentice
Nintendo accidentally added a music track called Bloody Tears/Monster Dance to their YouTube Channel. So, yeah, as solid as a leak can possibly get.
Oh wow. Well, that certainly diminishes a little of the surprise for tomorrow, but he’s such a great addition I think. Can’t wait for the reveal!

Enchess

Smash Lord
i can't wait for the melodramatic rants about how sakurai has personally betrayed all k. rool fans when simon is revealed tomorrow. those are always fun.
Yeah, either result will be kinda cringey on here. Simon being in and K Rool not being in wouldn't be betraying K Rool fans. it'd be trying to...build hype? The more I think about it the more I feel like Simon will only hype people who would've also been hyped by niche 1st party Nintendo. Logical choice if picking a 3rd party specifically for Nintendo connection, not very logical choice if picked for hype.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
So, predict the series icon.

I'd say a decorated cross would be nice, but I'm unsure if they'd go that route due to religious references.
I think a bat.

No, we have Kirby, Meta Knight, and King Dedede the big 3 main characters.

Anyone else would be a minor character and inconsequential.

Wow I'd love it DK got even one villain with King K Rool, Metroid is such an iconic series and only has Samus until recently with the addition of Ridley.

Kirby genuinely has enough reps
I need the Dee

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Why do people want a Waddle Dee? It's the same as wanting a Goomba from mario in smash.
OK, here's the distinction. In Bandanna Dee's case, he is a specific Waddle Dee and a recurring (sometimes playable) character with capabilities unique to him. Wanting Bandanna Dee is more like wanting Captain Toad than wanting a Goomba.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
i can't wait for the melodramatic rants about how sakurai has personally betrayed all k. rool fans when simon is revealed tomorrow. those are always fun.
I'd be more worried if I was an Isaac, Skull Kid or Ashley fan. Those assist trophies are coming!

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Oh wow. Well, that certainly diminishes a little of the surprise for tomorrow, but he’s such a great addition I think. Can’t wait for the reveal!
I mean to be fair, at least it wasn't like the Ryu and Roy leaks. Leaked MONTHS in advance and then a day before the announcement EVERY BIT OF THE CHARACTER IS LEAKED.

We may know Simon is (most likely) in but what about his stage, his music, his design, his gameplay. All of that, my friend, is what brings the hype!

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
even with simon essentially "leaked" im super excited to see what he looks like in smash as he has several different "versions" of simon and smash usually reps characters looks very well.

hopefully some form of barbarian he-man simon, i know sakurai will do a good job with it

WaxPython

Smash Ace
OK, here's the distinction. In Bandanna Dee's case, he is a specific Waddle Dee and a recurring (sometimes playable) character with capabilities unique to him. Wanting Bandanna Dee is more like wanting Captain Toad than wanting a Goomba.
Sounds more like a winged koppa troopa tbh, he appeared in mario kart double dash and had a unique item available to him only. But that's just my opinion

Enchess

Smash Lord
Everyone just watch Bloody Tears be tied to a Soma Cruz reveal. He'd be 10x more fun to play as than Simon and his games were the two best in the entire series. Fight me.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
even with simon essentially "leaked" im super excited to see what he looks like in smash as he has several different "versions" of simon and smash usually reps characters looks very well.

hopefully some form of barbarian he-man simon, i know sakurai will do a good job with it
This is how I feel about leaks; I know some avoid them like the plague, but I look at them and am instantly hyped by what's to come... followed by even more hype when the full thing's revealed. Methinks we've got a lot of good stuff coming our way.

FantasyBlade

Smash Apprentice
I mean to be fair, at least it wasn't like the Ryu and Roy leaks. Leaked MONTHS in advance and then a day before the announcement EVERY BIT OF THE CHARACTER IS LEAKED.

We may know Simon is (most likely) in but what about his stage, his music, his design, his gameplay. All of that, my friend, is what brings the hype!
I absolutely agree, and I’m especially excited about a possible Castlevania stage. There’s so much potential there. Castlevania as a series has so much great content that can be included in Smash.

Last edited:

WaxPython

Smash Ace
Everyone just watch Bloody Tears be tied to a Soma Cruz reveal. He'd be 10x more fun to play as than Simon and his games were the two best in the entire series. Fight me.
Better than sympathy of the night? No way that's the best castlevania by far.

Didn't think it was up for debate tbh most castlevania fans would agree going by the general consensus.

Roberk

Smash Champion
Not necessarily as fire emblem doesn't have recurring characters like Kirby does.

When fire enblem gets Chrom, Hector, Lyn, and Eliwood as reps then imo fire emblem has enough reps except for the newcomer to represent the latest fire emblem game which is a given

In other news Simon Belmont get in! Richter Belmont as an alt costume and hopefully Alucard is in the game somehow.
I'd be ecstatic but this is simply not feasible. FE7 is nice but the trio in addition to Chrom and another rep is absolutely ridiculous, not to mention bashing popular picks like Bandana Dee in the process.

Bandana Dee is important to the Kirby franchise, he's basically the 4th main character. Kirby is well-selling franchises that consistently hits >1,000,00 sales (sometimes 2 or 3 million) and is beloved by many fans. Kirby wasn't gotten anything since Brawl, and adding in essentially the 4th main character just makes sense at this point. Bandana Dee with a unique spear moveset and just an adorable design is one of the top picks for Ultimate imo.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
I'm going to go out on a limb and say Simon's series symbol will either be the classic C from the title:
download-1.png

or (less likely) the wall chicken:
Meat_Strip_AoS_Icon.png

Also, I hope we get the wall chicken as an item somehow.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
Sounds more like a winged koppa troopa tbh, he appeared in mario kart double dash and had a unique item available to him only. But that's just my opinion
I feel like people get hung up on the name Bandanna Waddle Dee since it’s literally just his species and his headgear lol

But he’s so much more

Last edited:

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Sure, be upset that your favourite character didn't make it in, but it's not the end of the world or even Smash, and every new game increases your character's chances if you think about it.
The series is more than likely to reboot after this one. Who knows who will be in the next Smash. As far as I'm concerned this is the last Smash as we know it before it is reinvented. So if you want your fav character in this kind of a game, it's now or never.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Looking at thhe title of the thread, I'm not going to stick around until later.

Alright I'm off to bed folks! Hopefully no more info is leaked, and by the time I wake up early, Smashboards isn't having a crisis.

I'm doing this just for the direct. Damn it I'm so excited!

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
I mean, Winged Koopas have only been playable in spin-offs where they basically make damn near anything playable. Bandanna Dee has been playable in multiplayer in the main Kirby games such as Return to Dream Land alongside King Dedede and Meta Knight. If one had to pick the fourth most important character to the Kirby franchise right now, Bandanna Dee would easily be that character. Does Kirby need the fourth most important character to its franchise? *shrugs* But I'd personally like to see it. He wouldn't be the most flashy newcomer, but we haven't had a spear user before and there's no one better to fulfill that niche.

though honestly I wouldn't hate it if we got winged koopa troopa

Last edited:

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
can someone link me to the leaks because I'm tired of having to scroll through all these pages to try and find it. Wish there was a devoted thread that was updated for legit leaks.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
The series is more than likely to reboot after this one. Who knows who will be in the next Smash. As far as I'm concerned this is the last Smash as we know it before it is reinvented. So if you want your fav character in this kind of a game, it's now or never.
I dunno if they can ever do that. Like it would be such a disappointment going from 70+ characters back to, say, 30.

I think Ultimate will be ported and updated for quite a while

Shroob

Sup?
Wait, Lupenko gave Verg that information?

Interesting...

I've dealt with Lupenko in the past when it came to Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3.

The guy seemingly does have insider knowledge, but he's never super open about it, usually playing games instead of straight up saying what he means.

For example, for Ultimate MvsC3, he basically had EventHubs play a guessing game, where he gave incredibly vague hints, while under a time limit, where if they didn't guess in an allotted time, he'd move onto the next one.

These hints were also either really easy "Kentucky Fried" for Firebrand iirc, to downright asinine "Yellow Fever" for Frank West.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom