• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Canonically TP Link is left-handed, and SS Link was right-handed for obvious reasons.

BotW Link being right-handed made absolutely no sense (and this is coming from a right-hander)
I'm also right handed, for the record.

Also, I finally got all the Chaos Emeralds in Sonic Mania's Encore Mode.

Damn, that last level is tough!

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
So, I saw some possible ideas for 3rd party ATs being thrown around on this thread, but I can't believe nobody has mentioned The Prince from Katamari Damacy as a possible AT.
The_Prince.jpg

He could roll around the stage and either roll up items or roll fighters off the stage. It's simple, yeah, but I think it's a cool idea.
As somebody who absolutely adores the series, it would please me so much to see Katamari get recognized in Smash, no matter how small the content is. Alas, the series is as good as dead, so it's pretty unlikely. :(

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Link was also right-handed in Twilight Princess Wii (HD Master Quest) and Skyward Sword.

At this point they'll probably just be flipping a coin to decide what hand dominance Link has. :laugh:
Cuz motion controls
BotW had literally no reason to be right handed smh.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Hey so I made a little template for the remaining past stages!

So which ones do you guys want back?

Here's my chart:

Hmm let's see

Basically confirmed anyway
Orbital Gate Assault

Most wanted
Fountain of Dreams
Brinstar Depths
Mute City
Pirate Ship
Rainbow Road
Woolly World
Gamer

Wanted
Peach's Castle
Kongo Jungle
Mushroom Kingdom
PokeFloats (but I'd like a new one to go with it)
The other Mushroom Kingdom
Golden Plains
The other Mute City
Jungle Hijinx

Neutral
Zebes
Sector Z
Rainbow Ride
Yoshi's Island
Icicle Mountain
Hanenbow
Paper Mario
Dreamland
Pac-Maze
Windy Hill Zone
Miiverse

Rather not
The rest of them

Enchess

Smash Lord
Pokefloats, Brinstar Depths, Gamer, SNES Mute City, and Zebes are my most wanted missing stages.

Windy Hill Zone and Icicle Mountain don't need to come back.

Everything else I'd be happy to see back, but don't really care if they don't.

KMDP

Smash Legend
YES!!! 100% agree. I actually take the series far more seriously in the original JP format
In both the Western and Japanese anime releases, Pokémon gets an awesome song; both are great, it's just a question of taste.
Japan gets an awesome song for Digimon (which I, personally, think is better than the Pokémon themes), the Western song is... well, barely a song. :laugh:

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Inb4 we get a blog update that focuses on the return of Clefairy as a Poke Ball Pokemon while casually revealing Poke Floats in an image, sending us in a frenzy.
masahiro-sakurai.jpg

blazefan519

Smash Ace
Was gone for a bit and I see there were 10 pages added and hoo boi, I'm not going through that. Did anything significant happen?

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord

Here's my chart:

Poke Floats in glorious HD. And Fountain of Dreams for the nightmare fuel reflections

RIP Miiverse memes :(

MaestroDavros

Smash Apprentice
Neat, that was one of my favorite Brawl stages. Any leaks at all?
Don't really know. Tehponycorn hasn't been here in a couple of days so we haven't had any recent sessions. He said things were about to get very busy for him IRL (school I think) and he wanted to finish Persona 5 before that happened.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The US theme will always be the Digimon theme to me.

Good ol' Digimon Garlic Champions.

blazefan519

Smash Ace
Don't really know. Tehponycorn hasn't been here in a couple of days so we haven't had any recent sessions. He said things were about to get very busy for him IRL (school I think) and he wanted to finish Persona 5 before that happened.
Aw rip. Well, he deserves a break. School's starting back up for me too, so I understand the pain.

Enchess

Smash Lord
All this Digimon talk is making me want Pokken X Digimon to let fans settle the score of which monster collector was better. Monster Rancher, obviously.

KMDP

Smash Legend
All this Digimon talk is making me want Pokken X Digimon to let fans settle the score of which monster collector was better. Monster Rancher, obviously.
Or we could have Agumon in Ultimate and SETTLE IT IN SMASH!

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Here's my chart:

Bring every stage back except :hanenbow::rumblefalls:and the IC Melee stage

Nebunera

Smash Apprentice
The Wii U was super tedious, I had to use the Wii U gamepad to start up the game and open the main menu.

Since you can move around the Switch menu with the Gamecube controller right now, I hope you can access the menu while in game since there is no home button on the controller. I really hope there is some button combination like when you do no contest in-game.

What do you think? :confused:

Pakky

Smash Hero
HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Last edited:

DGAMER

Smash Apprentice
I just noticed something that probably isn't too significant and means nothing but it's worth pointing it out.

Only two fighter videos were shown. I don't believe this has happened before. Could it be that the third fighter Video of the week is something at Evo?

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I just noticed something that probably isn't too significant and means nothing but it's worth pointing it out.

Only two fighter videos were shown. I don't believe this has happened before. Could it be that the third fighter Video of the week is something at Evo?
There has been only two fighters in a week before. There is no consistency with the frequency of the updates

eltacoenojado

Smash Journeyman
God damn I just realized:ultlink: was right-handed. This doesn't feel right at all.
I've been complaining about that since Twilight Princess wii. I'm a lefty and that's part of the reason that link is one of my favorite video game characters. Also green is my favorite color and they've been shoving that dang blue champion tunic down our throats. Oh well. At least we have 2 other green, left handed links in smash Ultimate.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord

Probably won’t get anything unless Heihachi or Spring-Man made it in to base.

I’m just expecting nothing, then maybe we’ll get a pleasant surprise

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Can I ask why some people still believe what Marcus Sellars "leaks"?

https://twitter.com/Marcus_Sellars

Wasn't he a fraud? Or did he actually leak something real?
People already seemed to have forgotten this man jebaited into 'leaking' fake news.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I know I'm late on this, but IF Heihachi was chosen, he'd likely remain old. Tiger Gi and Hamaka would probably be his outfits, if he got more than 1 that is.

Heihachi_Mishima_-_Player_Two_Costume_-_Tekken_3.jpg

Though for personal preference, The Pimp Suit would be my choice. He even has a couple alt colors to pick from in Tekken Tag, and Tekken 4's intro/Tekken 5's ending.

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
I know I'm late on this, but IF Heihachi was chosen, he'd likely remain old. Tiger Gi and Hamaka would probably be his outfits, if he got more than 1 that is.

View attachment 155412

Though for personal preference, The Pimp Suit would be my choice. He even has a couple alt colors to pick from in Tekken Tag, and Tekken 4's intro/Tekken 5's ending.
I would greatly prefer older Heihachi because he looks waaay cooler like that, but his Mii costume in 4 was his younger version.

Could mean nothing at all, but worth considering. Though honestly Sakurai would probably just put in Old and Youger versions as alts to please everyone

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
I've been complaining about that since Twilight Princess wii. I'm a lefty and that's part of the reason that link is one of my favorite video game characters. Also green is my favorite color and they've been shoving that dang blue champion tunic down our throats. Oh well. At least we have 2 other green, left handed links in smash Ultimate.
YES!!!

We lefties don't have many heroes, so having our biggest one taken away is absolutely uncool. I never understood why they didn't allow you to choose handedness since the Wii games - I want to play with motion controls too!

That was one of the worst things about the Wii. It was basically unplayable lefthanded unless it was a game that relied on gimmicks. If it was a standard thumbstick-to-move-and-buttons-to-do-things, it was always wrong. I either had to retrain my muscles to hold something wrong or do actions wrong.

BotW should have gone back to lefty, but I guess you could still play motion with JoyCons, so they left him righty...:hulk:

At this rate, we're going back to when the only lefties in games are villains. I remember when Skyrim announced you could equip in either hand, but it wasn't true left-handedness, it was just using a sword in your off-hand while your on-hand punched. You couldn't block if you wanted to be lefty. And it also didn't include cinematic kills - I didn't realize they were in for ages until I had a dual-wielder.

eltacoenojado

Smash Journeyman
YES!!!

We lefties don't have many heroes, so having our biggest one taken away is absolutely uncool. I never understood why they didn't allow you to choose handedness since the Wii games - I want to play with motion controls too!

That was one of the worst things about the Wii. It was basically unplayable lefthanded unless it was a game that relied on gimmicks. If it was a standard thumbstick-to-move-and-buttons-to-do-things, it was always wrong. I either had to retrain my muscles to hold something wrong or do actions wrong.

BotW should have gone back to lefty, but I guess you could still play motion with JoyCons, so they left him righty...:hulk:

At this rate, we're going back to when the only lefties in games are villains. I remember when Skyrim announced you could equip in either hand, but it wasn't true left-handedness, it was just using a sword in your off-hand while your on-hand punched. You couldn't block if you wanted to be lefty. And it also didn't include cinematic kills - I didn't realize they were in for ages until I had a dual-wielder.
Thank you my fellow south paw! You feel my pain! Hahahaha.

Yeah, skyrim made me sad too.

Edit: That's why I never played Kid Icarus uprising either. I heard it was nearly impossible for left-handers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom