• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
It's not about reps its about resources. There's already three (technically four) more Pokemon in this game than there was in the last one, is it worth dedicating more man hours to another when there's only so much time in the dev cycle?
Worthiness is subjective, but there is no denying adding in another Pokemon appeals to a large number of people given just how popular the franchise is in addition to being beneficial for the Pokemon Company as Smash is another opportunity to further promote whatever new darling they want. It's a win-win situation.

It also helps that Sakurai also likes to lol for unique and interesting newcomers and Pokemon is always bursting with tons of potentially unique characters compared to every other franchise, so there is that to take into account. So yeah, a Pokemon newcomer is happening for the base roster.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
That's pretty much the sad part of the story. Smash 3DS / Wii U really messed up Fox and Falco by giving them new voice clips, instead of reusing their Brawl voice clips.
I’d blame the 64 remake over Smash 4 only cause they had to be the more recent anything for Star Fox

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Mega Sceptile, you clever sneak you XD. Part Grass, part Dragon, all awesome.
Sceptile should’ve been part Dragon from the start. My favorite is mediocre unfortunately, but that doesn’t mean I won’t stop using him.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Sceptile should’ve been part Dragon from the start. My favorite is mediocre unfortunately, but that doesn’t mean I won’t stop using him.
Charizard should have been a Dragon from the start, as should have Gyarados.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
We still screaming about the Pokemon we want in Smash?

Well, I just (hastily) put this together. Pokemon usually has a theme of opposites, right? (Gold/Silver, Black/White, Sun/Moon, etc). SO, I made a pair of opposite, but similar characters.

I've always really liked these Pokemon, and I'd LOVE them in Smash, even if I know full well that there's probably no chance. Glass Cannons Smash.png

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
We need Swampert in Smash.

I WANT THE OTHER HALF OF MY NAME DAMN IT!!!

RandomAce

Smash Champion
They can’t give a Pokémon three types (apparently).
Fire
Flying
Dragon
I have a lot of problems with some of typings.

SCEPTILE
LYCANROC

I’d faint if they get in Smash. Having both my favorite Pokémon of all time would be the best. Hopefully at least the latter is likely, and my most wanted.

Last edited:

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
Random hypothetical, what would you think if Dartrix were to get in Smash? Not Decidueye, not Rowlet, not anything that’s likely at all, Dartrix.

Last edited:

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Random hypothetical, what would you think if Dartrix were to get in Smash? Not Decidueye, not Rowlet, Dartrix.
I’d be annoyed with either Rowlet or Dartrix. They don’t hold a candle to Decidueye.

Do any of you guys know when the next tournament stream comes up, I want to see more of muh gameplay.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Welp

22nd leak is officially dead. Update on blog is Mii Fighters

The 12 new voices thing is new tho I think...

**Gilgamesh**

Smash Ace
I remember when Shulk was accused of being a "generic anime swordsman" so yeah, the complaints have been around for a while and they'll likely continue to be around. I guess some people just don't care for JRPG pretty people with swords.:p
The only JRPG characters that people will be content about and ignore the anime sword men archetype would be Square-Enix characters (insert Sora / literally any FF character other than Vaan/Lightning.)

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Golurk, because giant robutts and all that jazz.

Ugh, I'd rather not. The disappointment from the SMT x FE concept still hurts me.
They should have just made it its own thing, instead of being a "crossover" that looks like neither series. Battletoads & Double Dragon was more of a crossover than that, and it was a Battletoads game with Billy and Jimmy as guest fighters (good game, though).

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
Welp

The 12 voices thing isn’t new, that was revealed in the E3 presentation.

However, what is new is that you can “select from a set of three specials for each type.” What exactly does that mean, since each character has 4 specials? Do their customs come in sets now (I.e. only 1111, 2222, and 3333 are available?) That decision kind of makes sense if true, that probably makes them easier to balance.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Don't worry it's the Hype Train so I'm sure I'll be fine... probably.
You're more likely to get a PS3 Emulator made with a working Persona 5, and then having that PC emulator be homebrewed onto a Switch. then you ever are to getting Persona on a Switch.

My recommendation: save up for a used PS3 and play P5 on there. Clear your backlog of some old PS3 games too while you're at it. Shouldn't break the bank too hard.

Last edited:

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Welp

*sigh* I'll get the shovel, or shovels if anyone wants to help me in burying this leak in the Graveyard. *looks around* Yeah? Yeah? Anyone?... *sigh* fine.

Wait didn't someone say on here that Mii Fighters would be next on the blog?

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
At least one of Charizard's mega evolutions is part Dragon-type. As for Gyarados, considering that only one Dragon-type attack existed during the 1st generation (and it's one that always deals set damage), the Water/Dragon-type would've had no weaknesses whatsoever.

Mr. Game + Watch

Smash Apprentice
TOGETIC!

But uh anyway, when are you all expecting to see the next Direct? Still sometime in July, in August, or sometime after August? I'm still personally expecting it sometime in July merely because of the Star Allies Wave 2.
EMPOLEON
GROTLE
CHANDULEER
POLIWRATH
SCIZOR

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Welp

Huh, it updated on the US site, but not the British one.

So... the US doesn't get Falco, France doesn't get Marth and the UK doesn't get Mii Fighters?

Well, we have to wait and see if it's just late, but...

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Well if the Mii Fighter are today's characters.

Can I just say I love playing as the Miis?

I know a lot of people think they feel off but I love the way they feel.

Even if they have moves copies from other characters, they still feel really unique.

I'm glad they might be viable and legal and I'm glad they'll be on online.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well we got confirmation that miis still have move customisation.

That's something for the wiki at least.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Random hypothetical, what would you think if Dartrix were to get in Smash? Not Decidueye, not Rowlet, not anything that’s likely at all, Dartrix.
It would be a rather awkward dilemma, since Rowlet is the most popular of the three. However, despite the popularity, Rowlet would likely end up receiving the Poke Ball Pokemon position, assuming that it's in the game.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
And on the topic of Pokemon: Gardevoir, Lilligant, Marill, Tsareena, Salazzle and, only because I have a moveset for it, Pidgeotto.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom