• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a place in a relevant game that normally has a lot of cardboard boxes in it, to be a stage in which Snake could hide for most of the trailer without it being obvious?
Edit: Walleye Warehouse?
Labo stage confirmed
To be fair, at least 700 or so of those pages were pre-reveal speculation.
We knew even LESS then!

:061:

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm coming from a perspective of someone who has intense character loyalty (:yoshi:) but I have to ask.

How many people will actually play as Ridley when this game comes out, or at least stick to him?
It might sound weird, but I'd be more hyped to play against Ridley than to play as him.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
I'm coming from a perspective of someone who has intense character loyalty (:yoshi:) but I have to ask.

How many people will actually play as Ridley when this game comes out, or at least stick to him?
I'll give him a shot, but I doubt I'll stick to him forever. Ridley was a character I wanted for everyone else, not myself. If he's fun and at least an upper-mid tier I'll continue to play him.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I'm going to laugh my ass off over how much salt will get spilled if Bewear is revealed as the Gen 7 Pokemon over Decidueye and Incineroar

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
How come?
Mainly because fighting a player who is playing as a colossal space pterodactyl as someone like Little Mac seems really fun on a conceptual level.

I want him playable so I can face good Ridley players, basically.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
I'm going to laugh my *** off over how much salt will get spilled if Bewear is revealed as the Gen 7 Pokemon over Decidueye and Incineroar
I'll be hyped out of my mind, I really hope that happens. Bewear was the first signature icon I made for Smash 5 speculation bc he's the optimal Pokemon. Bewear would be on my short-list of potential mains for Smash 5 easily.

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I'm planning on making him part of my "Dragon Triad" of mains (i.e. Yoshi, Charizard, and Ridley) if he's playable. I've had this particular dream of mine since Sm4sh, so I'd be glad to have it finally realized.

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
My favorite third-party AT,if i could choose anyone just because I can...

"Guybrush Threepwood,a migthy pirate".
Different verbs would appear at the bottom of the screen and he would walk to enemies and talk/pick/fight etc.

Monkey Island series is a gem lost in time. I think there's exactly 0 percent chance of it ever be represented into Smash Bros, but it's a bit important to games story.

EDIT: AT, not newcomer.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

1500 pages and all we know is inklings will be in it.

No gameplay. No modes. A few character silohuettes.

Lol that's smash for you,
And ten different Ridley leaks.
He will be one of my new mains guaranteed.
Ridley will be an interesting character to play, considering he is going to be big and new if he gets in. He is unlikely so far.
Also I am probably going to main top tier trash when Smash Bros. Switch advances on so.....

Last edited by a moderator:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm going to laugh my *** off over how much salt will get spilled if Bewear is revealed as the Gen 7 Pokemon over Decidueye and Incineroar
I misread Bewear as Bowser and got really confused.

But if Steenee can be the Pokemon newcomer then so can Bowser.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Good idea. Would it try to shoot you with lasers, or would the enemy chase you?
I'd have the game just play out, oblivious to the characters fighting. Sorta like Color TV Game and it's whole "playing a pong game without actively trying to hurt the opponent."

The character was Pac-Man for me. Even then, I play a lot of Bayonetta now too because I enjoy the way she feels and because I enjoy her as a character.

That said, I like Ridley enough that I would seriously consider playing as him if he's included. If he felt good enough, then I'd absolutely play him regularly. If not, then I'm still happy to have him as one of those characters I appreciate but don't regularly play (see: Mewtwo).

At the very least, i would give a longer try than I did Pac Man (gave up the first time I hit a forward air lol)

I'll probably give a little more time than I gave Palutena. Which was a lot for a cahracter that basically had their cool moves locked away.

But if I like their playstyle, I would absolutely main the hell out of them. At the very least, they would wind up being my thrid mst played if they wind up being ass with my 2 others being decent characters.

TLDR. I would sure as hell try!

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
good old HoDe. i still remember when that game got announced, i was kinda mad casue the concept was amazing.. but the execution was... ugh still, i think i prefer a little more judgement OST. (HoDe was still leagues better than judgement though.. another great idea with terrible execution)

is like a constant in castlevania, even the ****tier games have amazing music... :p

for that compilation though i was opting to put songs from the original games, to ilustrate the sense of Castlevania rich history better. and to fight that feel that castlevania is only a retro series, and that its only hits are "Vampire Killer" and "Bloody Tears".
I think he GBA and NDS games need to be represented by trophies and music, at least one per game, (well at least in my opinion they got REALLY good from Aria of Sorrow onwards) An Empty Tome, Invitation to a Crazed Moon, Ruined Castle Corridor, Pitch Black Intrusion, oh and Symphony of the Night with Dracula's Castle, the rest would be from the classics, Vampire Killer, Simon's Theme, Bloody Tears, Bloodlines, Beginning and Illusory Dance, i think that would be a solid collection.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I'm planning on making him part of my "Dragon Triad" of mains (i.e. Yoshi, Charizard, and Ridley) if he's playable. I've had this particular dream of mine since Sm4sh, so I'd be glad to have it finally realized.
I often forget there's confusion regarding Yoshi's classification outside of "dinosaur," at least in Japan

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
I'd be all for it lol. Bewear is genuinely one of my favorites from Gen 7 and it could definitely have a fun playstyle.

D

Deleted member

Honestly, most Gen 7 newcomers that people list are fine.
They all have wacky and interesting potential.

Also if Ridley is revealed in E3, my avatar will be spaghetti for a month.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
My favorite third-party AT,if i could choose anyone just because I can...

"Guybrush Threepwood,a migthy pirate".
Different verbs would appear at the bottom of the screen and he would walk to enemies and talk/pick/fight etc.

Monkey Island series is a gem lost in time. I think there's exactly 0 percent chance of it ever be represented into Smash Bros, but it's a bit important to games story.

EDIT: AT, not newcomer.
But consider Oregon Trail.

Same concept, albeit with hunting instead. Talk about a historical inclusion, being from 1971, six years older than even the Color TV Game 15, the oldest game currently represented in Smash Bros. Hell, it's even one year older than Pong itself.

Ridleyridster

Smash Journeyman

I don't care if he's garbage tier I will main the crap out of Ridley. Everytime somebody sees my name online they'll groan and say, "There's that Ridley nut. Let's get this one over with." It won't matter when, or where, or how many rounds I've played. Ridley would and would forever be my main. <3

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Honestly, most Gen 7 newcomers that people list are fine.
They all have wacky and interesting potential.

Also if Ridley is revealed in E3, my avatar will be spaghetti for a month.
LET'S MAKE THAT HAPPEN! :troll:

The leak about Stenee is uh...yeah I'm not really sure how that is even picked but I'm calling fake for now

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I don't care if he's garbage tier I will main the crap out of Ridley. Everytime somebody sees my name online they'll groan and say, "There's that Ridley nut. Let's get this one over with." It won't when, or where, or how many rounds I've played. Ridley will and will forever be my main. <3
Considering my favorite character has been playable from the very beginning, I can only imagine what someone like you would feel...

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
i know this a smash forum but i gotta say, kingdom hearts 3 made me have massive feels.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I actually want Bewear in Smash too. Meowth probably will never get in but I can always dream. If Decidueye doesn't get in, I would be fine with Bewear. It's actually my third most-wanted Pokémon following Meowth and Decidueye.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Why did we dismiss that Bewear/Steve concept art stuff from earlier?

Like, I can't think of a plausible explanation other than Smash stuff. In what possible scenario would Bewear and Steve from Minecraft interact other than the most ambitious video game crossover in history?

Lyndis_

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-6600-3090-1548

I mean, it would depend on how he'd play.

I'm not going to play a character that isn't fun even if I love the character or series by itself. It's why I don't play Samus despite being a "hardcore" Metroid fan.

His general archetype sounds very fun but I have no idea what Sakurai would do with him given is very... "questionable" handling of certain characters.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Brawl speculation was more entertaining i swear. We were freaking out daily with the dojo
Sure, always waiting for that Challenger Approaching banner. Instead you get a throwaway post about some returning item, lol. But people forget the first phase of when the game gets announced and speculators live on scraps, for, usually, over a year. The same was true with Brawl.

But the DOJO was definitely a lot more hype than the PotD.

Last edited:

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
Why did we dismiss that Bewear/Steve concept art stuff from earlier?

Like, I can't think of a plausible explanation other than Smash stuff. In what possible scenario would Bewear and Steve from Minecraft interact other than the most ambitious video game crossover in history?
From the reddit thread about it, it seems that people are assuming the employee who made that art wouldn't have made it had he known that was real because of violating NDAs or something. While I could be thinking about important things like that, I'm instead wondering if the curse of Minecraft Steve is worth the presence of Bewear. I think I might've finally found how I'll be ok with Steve in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom