• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Wait, huh? The Bomberman games that count as platformers can be counted on one hand.
I was thinking about whether or not to include Bomberman, as my only experience is Bomberman 64. But since it was a parenthetical, and aesthetically they all are of a similar iconic stature, thought it wouldn't mind. Shhh. ;)

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
Everyone with a different opinion is not a troll.

But people with such outlandishly **** and out of touch opinions are most likely trolls who are trying (and currently succeeding) at throwing the thread into a tizzy.

Bang out of order with that statement. Just because we havent had a new game in the critically acclaimed series doesnt make it dead.
Or was the prime series desd until prime 4 was announced?

advance wars deserves a rep
Ok I'll bite on the bait with this one.

"Just because we havent [sic] had a new game in the critically acclaimed series doesnt [sic] make it dead."

Uhh that's literally the definition of how a game series is dead? Last game from the WARS series (not even Advance Wars) was released about 10 years ago. Pretty damn dead if you ask me buddy.

"Or was the prime series desd [sic] until prime 4 was announced?"

For one, Prime is a sub series of Metroid, which certainly was rather dead until Federation Force (lel) came out, and if you want to only count "proper" games, when Samus Returns came out a little over a year ago.

Secondly, Prime is now NOT dead so what the actual **** is your point here?

"advance wars deserves a rep"

I'll concede an assist trophy or maybe some music but unless they intend to announce a revival of the series, it makes zero sense to include a fighter from that series over a host of other characters.

Hydrualic Hydra

Smash Ace
How is he a mainstay if he’s barely even in the games? Comparing him to Luigi is ridiculous. Luigi is playable in every spinoff, every 2D Mario, and has even had his own games. Bandana Dee just pops up in the background to give you items most of the time. He’s a literal goomba in a hat. I don’t have to keep anything to myself lol. What else is this entire site for if not voicing your opinions?
100% Wrong.gif

Alright fam.
^This right here. It also somehow misses his role in Super Star Ultra, so that's yet another point against you. Bandana Dee has appeared in more games than Meta-Knight since Brawl. It's inarguable he's a central character at this point. If you're going to argue something at least know what you're talking about.

WaxPython

Smash Ace
What you expect isn't really a determining factor here, man.
No but many reviewers have complained about splatoon's lack of content.

That's not something they did with the latest Zelda and with good reason it's a packed game.

Splatoon I see through the superficial veil of alterations it passes off as 'content' it has content the same way grinding for loot over and over constitutes content. Splatoon'z campaign was 100 percent a grind and padded out the actual hours it would take to beat the game without the artificial mechanisms included to stretch out the campaign woudk be laughable.

The game suffers from a lack of true variety and has that butter being scraped over too much bread effect.

The core is good but the variety in thegame hasn't been worked up since the first game to keepit fresh and interesting. There is no vehicle sections or something resembling a different style.

Overall a shallow inconsequential, diluted, hollow game with a segmented and partiitioned singleplayer experience

That's just my opinion from playing it with my lil cousin though.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Well, it's either well-hidden or it's not obvious enough for you to see it. Either way, their response is not well-thought out.
I ain't blind bud
Dude has cruddy arguments against the game but that doesn't make someone a troll just posting junk for the sake of posting junk *shrug*
This conversation isn't worth having in this thread either way.

TIL witholding information is Nintendo's kink.

Jokes aside it's absolutely their favorite thing to do and 100% backfired on how they revealed the Online service.
The way the handled that could definitely have been better.

I was joking...
So was I.

SAMation

Smash Journeyman
How is he a mainstay if he’s barely even in the games? Comparing him to Luigi is ridiculous. Luigi is playable in every spinoff, every 2D Mario, and has even had his own games. Bandana Dee just pops up in the background to give you items most of the time. He’s a literal goomba in a hat. I don’t have to keep anything to myself lol. What else is this entire site for if not voicing your opinions?
But a Goomba would be awesome for smash too, think how silly he’d look! I think we should have Goomba AND Bandana Dee tbh

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
When Shadows of Judgral, Elibe, Magvel, Tellius, and Archanea when, IS?

We need our 4th FE1 remake

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
I ain't blind bud
Dude has cruddy arguments against the game but that doesn't make someone a troll just posting junk for the sake of posting junk *shrug*
This conversation isn't worth having in this thread either way.
It's there, but yes, let's not.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
But a Goomba would be awesome for smash too, think how silly he’d look! I think we should have Goomba AND Bandana Dee tbh
Goomba on a bike was one of the highlights of Super Mario Party. Was gonna say that, then noticed your avatar was... Goomba on a bike. :rotfl:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Now I understand what Aussie meant when she said this place is getting toxic...
How so?
I've been here for quite a while now and virtually nothing's changed dramatically.

If people are heated they can just take a break for a bit. This dumb thread ain't worth getting genuinely irritated at.

Not to mention that people are fully aware that conversations die naturally if they aren't brought up, but the same people who want a conversation to die are the ones who keep replying to it.

Just a thing, will always be a thing, and has never not been a thing.

SAMation

Smash Journeyman
Goomba on a bike was one of the highlights of Super Mario Party. Was gonna say that, then noticed your avatar was... Goomba on a bike. :rotfl:
Goomba on a bike is the best and he should be an echo of wario, pulling out the bike as a Side B

Last edited:

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
The Namco X Capcom one is really cool. One of the few examples of making a character more realistic and having it still be fun.

But obviously you'd have to go with the OG.
now that you mention that game, anyone else wonder what happened to Tekken x Street Fighter?

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Genealogy remake or get out. They’re probably just getting releases because of FEH.
Actually, I've been wondering about the whole "Echoes" thing for awhile now. Shadows of Valentia had the "Echoes" subtitle as if it were a part of a spin-off series, but we haven't heard anything about what another Echoes might entail. I've really hoped that they plan to remake Genealogy/Thracia, Blazing/Binding Blade and Sacred Stones. Particularly since three of those games were never officially translated to English.

WaxPython

Smash Ace
Bandana Dee is obviously a major character at this stage but wasnt always the case.
WaxPython WaxPython
can you please stop?
This is supposed to be an nice and normal discussion...
Lol what's not normal about not wanting more splatoon content and preferring we get people like Geno and Isaac in first who people wanted in smash before anyone knew what a Octaling was.

Ok I get it new ip put a newcomer in. But another fighter is bang out of order when so many fam favourites have gone unfulfilled imo

Last edited:

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
Which is what I'm saying they should do. Literally exactly that, announce an upcoming game and include a fighter in smash to get people hyped.
>ignores all of my other points and arguments against his **** opinion
>takes a snippet of my post to further his **** opinion

Shoulda known bait biting would have gotten me nowhere but oh well. Whatcha gonna do. :dizzy:

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
I'm telling you guys...
It's like everyday we get in another argument
Also, Bandanna Waddle Dee and Octoling are fine additions to Smash. Case closed.

Anyways, do you guys think we'll get an announcement next week?
Next week would be a perfect time for a announcement, Im thinking maybe sometime around the 16th or something.. Hopefully there is a announcement soon.

(Cant wait to see Medusa)

NextChannelGames

Smash Journeyman
What game is this? Everyone has heard of mario 64 I've never heard of hat in time. Mario 64 shaped a genre what has hat game done?
You’ll like A Hat in Time because it’s to cute and fun. It’s like Super Mario 64 hard platform open world with Wind Waker style and inspired dialogue from Paper Mario TTYD. It has really great characters.

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
[...]

That's just my opinion from playing it with my lil cousin though.
See what I'm getting at here?

Since I actually play the game regularly, I could go through point by point to refute your assertions based on your limited time with the game and preconceived notions based on that alone. But we've got more interesting things to talk about.

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I could honestly see Geno being an Assist Trophy. The fandom is welcome to join us Takamaru fans. ;)
Geno. I could actually see him being an assist trophy though, as sad as it would be. I'd legitimately pour one out for the Geno fans if that happened.

I could see easily Shantae getting the assist trophy treatment. Similarly, Klonoa or Agumon are both important characters, but lack wide relevancy or popularity. Phoenix Wright, Professor Layton, and Amaterasu could be reduced down to Assist Trophies. Jack Frost could make for a good assist trophy representing Atlus. Slime or Chocobo/Moogle could represent Square Enix in a similar way, though Sephiroth casting Meteor and doing stupidly OP **** is the dream. If not playable, Steve could be an assist trophy, though I feel like the Creeper is more likely. Series assist trophies I could see happening would be Riku or Xigbar (KH), Yosuke, Futaba, or Rise (Persona), Collete (Tales of Symphonia), Edgeworth (Phoenix Wright), Vergil or Trish (DMC), Gruntilda (Banjo & Kazooie), and the list goes on.

Naw but of course Geno getting AT'd is entirely possible. I don't think it'd happen but who knowssssss.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Bandana Dee is obviously a major character at this s

Lol what's not normal about not wanting more splatoon content and preferring we get people like Geno and Isaac in first who people wanted in smash before anyone knew what a Octaling was.
Octoling would be a harmless addition that wouldn't take that much time to develop....
Why are you getting so up in in arms over just an Echo/Semi Clone?

Pakky

Smash Hero
Bandana Dee is obviously a major character at this stage but wasnt always the case.

Ok I get it new ip put a newcomer in. Byt antiher fighter is bang out of order when so many fam favourites have gone unfulfilled imo
Who is Geno?

I know who he is but in the tomes of gaming history who is?

Golden Sun has a place but is it important when FF7 is HERE??

I don't know.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
now that you mention that game, anyone else wonder what happened to Tekken x Street Fighter?
Either cancelled or still in limbo. Either way, we at least got Akuma in Tekken 7. Though I wonder how cool Ryu, Chun-Li, Ken and the rest would look in Tekken's art style.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Anyway. Any of you think we're getting Rayman for DLC?
Hopefully so: he's got a trophy, so that's at least something I guess. Seriously though, if his reveal trailer isn't a fakeout involving Master Hand, they'll have really missed a trick.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Naw but of course Geno getting AT'd is entirely possible. I don't think it'd happen but who knowssssss.
I'd love it if he was in in any way tbh
I really want the SMRPG rep even if it's not playable lol

ATs don't hurt my feelings

WaxPython

Smash Ace
takes a snippet of my post to further his **** opin
I see you are new here but calling me out doesnt really add to the discussion.

Ok if you dont like I what I have to say feel free ti disagree but keep it related to smash it's a discussion about smash.

End of the day it's my opinion on smash related discussions nothing more.

I personally want to so an advance wars fighter in over another another splatoon fighter nothing more to it.

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
Bandana Dee is obviously a major character at this s

>Bandana Dee as major character

What caused you to think that? at this point, I feel that you don't want bandana dee to be in smash because "he's basically goomba with hat"

SAMation

Smash Journeyman

Ok I get it new ip put a newcomer in. But another fighter is bang out of order when so many fam favourites have gone unfulfilled imo
Fan Favorites Ridley, K Rool, Chrom, and even Daisy and Dark Sami’s to an extent have been fulfilled. I’d say current stuff still deserves a spot, Splatoon is a huge enough franchise to deserve more than one fighter, even an echo at that (which takes very little development time and wouldn’t take a spot away from Geno or Isaac, which the former I see being a certain in while there former could atleast be DLC). Sakurai is listening to the fans, fan favorites are getting in and if we get other stuff like Isabelle or Octolings ontop of that I think that’d be just perfect! This game is already ginormous as it is now, I’d be perfectly happy if this was the final roster right now.

Edit: as for advance wars, theyre not really way too high of a request for a character from what I’ve seen. I think they’d be a great character, but when it comes to older Nintendo series it seems like Isaac is closer to it than an Advance Wars Rep. I understand the pain of not seeing the rep from a series you love, I’m a Starfy fan and seeing him as a AT again makes me super sad, but I understand why he’s not in.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
This is how I see FE

:ultmarth:- I worked hard and now I'm a sword snipe champ

:ultlucina:- Well Marth is hard let's try her instead/ She's cute/ WAIFU

:ultroy:- Marth but playing safe is BORING!

:ultike:- Man screw Marth, THICC time!

:ultchrom:- I AM Everything (Presumably

-------

:ultrobin- Times are tough but I got lightning to strut my stuff.

:ultcorrin:- So like Robin is cool but :ultroy: got crazy options so I want crazy options and a sick two step projectile, and I wanna pole vault...

....:ultinkling:: Woomy!
:ultpalutena:: How did Chrom get into Smash?
:ultpit:: I still can’t read, but Chrom is here...now to date his daughter
:ultfalcon:: Chrom is here...time to kick his *** again

WaxPython

Smash Ace
>Bandana Dee as major character

What caused you to think that? at this point, I feel that you don't want bandana dee to be in smash because "he's basically goomba with hat"
I never said that I think you're confusing me with the other guy I just explained his point and why he called them that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom