• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Mega Man is probably the biggest contender for best music in Smash at this point, in my opinion. I love TLOZ, but MM was rejuvenated with the amount of remixes it got...

But Kass's Theme is still really good.

Last edited:

DankGrinch

Banned via Administration
Are you guys even listening? I’m leaking Smash again. I made a mistake the first time, but I don’t care.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
For those who don't know, though I imagine most of you do, the guy who sings the F-Zero Medley is the same guy who does Daytona USA's OST.

ThreeT

Smash Apprentice
So Geno isn't a spirit? That's interesting, but I don't think anything of it.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
And there is this blurb from reddit.

For people trying to scour the victory themes for leaks, here's a summary since no characters are revealed:

Z00 = Mii Fighter

Z01-Z20 = All 64/Melee fighters that made it into Brawl except for Jigglypuff. (including Ice Climbers)

Z21-Z28 = Brawl fighters Meta-Knight-to-Pokemon Trainer

Z29-Z31 do not exist as there is a gap in the instance slots which represent Squirtle, Ivysaur and Charizard in Brawl.

Z32-Z35 = DeDeDe, Ike, Lucario, Ike

Z36 does not exist as it was the "PraMai" slot in Brawl.

Z37 = Jigglypuff, who was nearly cut from Brawl, but delays caused by Sonic's inclusion let them finish in time

Z38-Z40 do not exist because they represent the cut slots for Mewtwo, Roy and Dr. Mario in Brawl, who almost made it in.

Z41 = Toon Link

(Note that Wolf does not have a victory theme slot in Brawl because he was the last inclusion finished

The span from Z42 to Z58 were related to fanfares in Brawl, of which only Z55 (New Playable Character) and Z57 (Special Message) return.

Z59 is Charizard again . . . . this is probably an accidental leftover.

Z60-Z62 are Dr. Mario, Lucina and Dark Pit, the "echoes" in SSB4Z63-Z74 are SSB4 characters.

Z75-Z79 do not exist, likely were SSB4 fanfares that have been replaced.

Z80-Z87 = SSB4 DLC (character victory themes and one unrelated fanfare)

Z88-Z89 = Pichu and Young Link, the only veterans who were not in Brawl or SSB4.

Z90-Z96 are SSBU's non-echo newcomers, but this is where most of the interest is going to lie:

• None of the new echoes have separate victory theme files. Despite this, both returning ones do.
  • The order of creation of Ultimate's newcomers seems to be Isabelle, Incineroar, Inkling, Ridley, King K. Rool and Simon, in that order, as usually the filenames are based on the point of inclusion. This probably means Konami rights negotiations came slightly after planning started, as the others are Nintendo-owned.
  • Someone was cut at some point, and the developers were careful this time to scrub any references to them from the game. If any mentions exist inside of SSBU, their file reference would start with "Z92_f_". Whoever it was, they were working on them even before Inkling, as only Isabelle and Incineroar are listed earlier.
Note that just because characters have different file names does not automatically mean that they have different victory themes, as some can be copies or redirects as they were in previous games.
Someone was cut.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I never knew how much I needed a jazz rendition of We're the Robots until I heard it in the Direct.

And it's glorious.
When are we getting a 70's Cop show with Mega Man X and Zero? And OG Mega Man is the gruff police chief?

monadoboy

Smash Lord
I love the game, but

>no Uncontrollable
>no Engage the Enemy and Gaur Plains full remix
>No Zanza
>No Unfinished Battle
>no Don't Worry remix
>no Theme X
>No cheesy NLA theme
>No Black Tar remix
>no Sawano music at all
>No Bringer of Chaos

DLC please save Xenoblade

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Remember. Use links, don't embed.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Mega Man is probably the biggest contender for best music in Smash at this point, in my opinion. I love TLOZ, but MM was rejuvenated with the amount of remixes it got...

But Kass's Theme is still really good.
I mean, Mega Man also had the best themes in Smash 4 too. Air Man, Shadow Man, Spark Man, MM2 Title and the 8-bit Medleys.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Here are all the Sun and Moon songs:

h23_sm1_Wild Pokemon Encounter (Sun and Moon)
h25_sm2_Kahuna Battle
h26_sm3_Gladion Battle
h27_sm4_Solgaleo and Lunala Battle
h28_sm5_Trainer Battle (Sun and Moon)
h30_sm6_?????*

*The second one is listed as (shimakingshimaqueen) and number is 6 (choujoukessen). Translating them and seeing some of them mentioned, it seems that they're probably Kahuna Battle and Alola Pokemon League Battle.

LetterO

Smash Lord
And blue birds lol...

:(
So the exact same as Smash 4 but with one more?
That is heartbreaking.

I can't fathom why Sakurai is just leaving the series in the dust after being so close to a character.

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
THIRTY ONE OF AWESOMNESS.. WOOOOOHOO

Edit: That's the music count. Sorry, no idea what's the "new" remixes count is.
Well there’s the 6 from Smash 4, plus the 11 new ones, meaning that we have AT LEAST 17 MEGAMAN REMIXES in Smash Ultimate.

Jeez, they really went wild with Megaman this time around.

Plus we have more variety in the remixes. I think we’ve got remixes from Megaman 4, 5, 6, and 9 now!

DankGrinch

Banned via Administration
That is heartbreaking.

I can't fathom why Sakurai is just leaving the series in the dust after being so close to a character.
Yes, all of your characters in your photo will be DLC.

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
"C'mon Sakurai, don't be like Reggie, we really like Mother 3 with it's story, characters, and the music! Plz give us something we can cherish!"

"How about this instead *Makes two Earthbound remixes*, lol"

Last edited:

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
That is heartbreaking.

Could be less a Sakurai thing and rather the music team being more enamored with other series, Sakurai did mention that they loved Castlevania

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
That is heartbreaking.

Yeah, it hurts a lot.

I doubt they were even the cut character

monadoboy

Smash Lord
So lemme get this straight.

Monster Hunter is listed under the series with playable fighters internally? Also, Tabuu's theme is in?
I believe that in one of the WoL gameplay bits it looked like Rathalos was controllable? I could be wrong, but maybe some Assists/etc. can be playable on the board, and that's why.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't we confirm Sawano went in to work with Smash for a bit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom