• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Glad Arc Sys is getting more work. Though I can't say I particularly care about Gran Blue and it's characters.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
It's weird.

Also Vyrn, the little red dragon?

He's also Bahamut.

And when Bahamut is unbound(His chains are broken), he more or less will destroy and rebuild the world in an endless cycle of rebirth and destruction, it's why he's bound in the first place.
So their traveling companion is essentially a tiny amount of the apocalypse.
Aight.

Any other references in the trailer?

Double K

Smash Lord
So their traveling companion is essentially a tiny amount of the apocalypse.
Aight.

Any other references in the trailer?
Charlotta's boxes are a reference to her ougi (limit break) in which to extend the reach of her sword beam, she stands on a box. She also did the Obari pose, a common pose done with swords in mecha anime, coined by the mecha designer, Masami Obari

Shroob

Sup?
Charlotta's boxes are a reference to her ougi (limit break) in which to extend the reach of her sword beam, she stands on a box. She also did the Obari pose, a common pose done with swords in mecha anime, coined by the mecha designer, Masami Obari
Aka:

She stands on boxes in game because she's super height conscious due to being part of the game's ****** race.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
****. C'mon man. I'm relying on y'all to be fast typers here! Damn it. Sorry, mods. Wish I knew how to delete my own posts

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Glad most of my favorite CV tracks made it in. Simon's theme from CV4 being my favorite, and I'm glad multiple versions of that song were added. The original is a goat. I think one of the few I can think of that I'd mod in is Marble Gallery. And Cornell's theme from Judgement was another sick one(makes sense since he's one of the few to get a redesign that isn't trash.)

EDIT: Crystal Drops is another good one. It's like Castlevania and Street Fighter 3 had a love child. And that child kept back-dashing.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
So, coming from a place of knowledge, who would be the "obvious picks" for this fighting game? Like who are the Future Trunks to Dragonball?

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
That one is kinda overdesigned.

You know how I am with simplicity :yoshi:
Hm... What's your favorite Pokémon? Digimon? If you have any.

I'm curious to see if my first guesses are right.

https://twitter.com/HDKirin/status/1073871882162561024

If anyone is curious about the Platinum Games footage for ReLink

Granblue's art director is Minaba Hideo, who worked on a few FF games

(Also Bahamut isn't a villain in most Fantasy games)
Oh, that's cool. But from what I remember, it kinda nuked a planet and you do fight it at some point.

Edit: Ohhh, that was Bahamut Fury, I think

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
So, coming from a place of knowledge, who would be the "obvious picks" for this fighting game? Like who are the Future Trunks to Dragonball?
Vira, Narmaya, Percival, Vane, the rest of the main story characters, Djeeta as a Gran clone.

Double K

Smash Lord
Narmaya for Katana
Cagliostro is a super popular pick
the rest of the Dragon Knights (Vane/Percival/Siegfried)
Djeeta as either an alternate skin or a different character
The rest of the main crew (Rackam, Io, Eugen, Rosetta)
Possibly one of the recruitable Primals, like Yggdrasil
Black Knight is one of the first antagonists and is cool
Someone from the Society, being Eustace/Vaserage/Zeta/Beatrix/Ilsa
Any of the Eternals

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Hm... What's your favorite Pokémon? Digimon? If you have any.

I'm curious to see if my first guesses are right.
My favorite Pokemon is a toss-up between Sceptile and Kecleon (yes, Gen 3 was the one I had most exposure to)

As for Digimon, it's been a long time since I seen the show so I can't remember all the characters, but it would probably be ExVeemon or Guilmon...

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
By that logic, the same goes for anyone with a penis or a butt.

My favorite Pokemon is a toss-up between Sceptile and Kecleon (yes, Gen 3 was the one I had most exposure to)

As for Digimon, it's been a long time since I seen the show so I can't remember all the characters, but it would probably be ExVeemon or Guilmon...
Damn. Would've thought Agumon, although admittedly, he kinda looks like Guilmon so ehh... Partial points.

As for Pokémon, I was way off. But now that you say them, they make sense.

Last edited:

NineS

Smash Lord
You talking to me? If so, then I hope you know it was a jest :p.
No, no jests.
This is serious business 100% of the time.
Joking is prohibited.

You'd be surprised how large and vocal this game's female fanbase is. I'd wager there's equal merchandise featuring the 4 Male Dragon Knights compared to the entire female cast due to how popular they are.
By female fanbase, do you mean the fanbase of the female characters or the part of the fanbase that is female?

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
One of the things my granblue friend showed me was this video where 4 really buff n gruff macho men in speedos singing.

I believe things like that are the female fanservice?

Double K

Smash Lord
No, no jests.
Joking is prohibited.

By female fanbase, do you mean the fanbase of the female characters or the part of the fanbase that is female?
Fans that are girls.

Granblue has a large amount of fans who are staright/bi girls, and gay/bi dudes

One of the things my granblue friend showed me was this video where 4 really buff n gruff macho men in speedos singing.

Oh, the SOIYA squad

it's a bit of a meme of getting the old badass dudes. Came from one of teh summer events where you get on a boat to hunt to eat a giant fish calld Bonito

SOIYA

Last edited:

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
I mean, the girl gamers are getting up there. This means more attempts to appeal to both sides, more naturally.

Also more sexually fluid people arising, so that statement still stands.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
No, no jests.
Joking is prohibited.

Fanbase that's female.

Nah, that's MANNService.

If you want the female fanservice, you go for:

maxresdefault.jpg

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Alright after some rudimentary googling I can say now that I am DEFINITELY a Narmaya main.
Huge fan of the katana and the horns. This extremely appeals to me on a basic degenerate level.

I will say though, I find sandwiching your sword between your breasts/crotch very unsafe.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Alright after some rudimentary googling I can say now that I am DEFINITELY a Narmaya main.
Huge fan of the katana and the horns.

I will say though, I find sandwiching your sword between your breasts/crotch very unsafe.
Huh? Wassat you talking about there?

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
I can't imagine why these attractive characters are appealing to a certain demographic. I mean, we all like our girly/pretty boys and beautiful ladies, but the real way to please people is to have a blob of writhing mass with gross blemishes and fluids oozing out of them included.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom