• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Overwatch representation would be super fun and Tracer's self-time manipulation would be a pretty fun mechanic in a fighter. As much as McCree is my man, he wouldn't really work as a fighter outside of a memetic Final Smash.
id take sombra anyday tho

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Overwatch representation would be super fun and Tracer's self-time manipulation would be a pretty fun mechanic in a fighter. As much as McCree is my man, he wouldn't really work as a fighter outside of a memetic Final Smash.
id take sombra anyday tho
Sombra would be so annoying in Smash.

She'd hack like your specials for a brief period of time and you'd be only able to use smash attacks.

Imagine trying to recover and getting hacked.

Imagine.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Tracer's cool, but... I'd much rather have Scout from TF2.

Baseball bats > time-guns

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Doesn't Ness and every other character with Homerun Bat already uses one?
Yes, but surprisingly he hasn't used it in conjunction with a baseball yet.

That does beg the question, are there any baseballs in Smash outside of the one that teleports?

D

Deleted member

Just went through the Rex spirit battle. They had the red alt for Lucina to replicate Pyra.

The characters I've lost. The comrades I've lost.
It won't stop hurting.

It's like they're all still here.

osby

Smash Obsessed
A fighter to surpass Bayonetta
The real challenge is surpassing Meta Knight

Just went through the Rex spirit battle. They had the red alt for Lucina to replicate Pyra.

The characters I've lost. The comrades I've lost.
It won't stop hurting.

It's like they're all still here.

*Drifting Souls plays in the distance*

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
A fighter to surpass Bayonetta
I honestly don't know what her moveset would be, she's a fairly bare bones character in Overwatch in terms of defensive abilities. Just her machine pistol.

Her recovery would be interesting because you could make it her translocator, but you could also make it so she could just teleport around the stage with it as well.

Her stealth wouldn't do much in Smash unless you wanted to just launch sneak attacks and with the way Smash has effects for landing and what not you could detect where she was.

For her Final Smash I'd combine her Opportunist passive and her EMP Ultimate. Hack everyone and make them all in the danger zone of launch, but they'd be healing back rapidly so you'd have to launch them quickly.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Inkling and Pikachu are becoming my most hated characters by the minute

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Say, has anyone seen this yet?

Apparently, the guys doing all the crazy flips and other tricks here are stuntmen who have worked in various other projects such as The Walking Dead, the MacGyver reboot, and a couple of the MCU movies (Smash Bros. Civil War/Smash Bros. Infinity War, anyone?)

By the way, Sakurai himself retweeted this.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I just got myself into a ****ing taunt lobby on Elite Smash

how the **** does this happen

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
Tracer's time rewind ability is how I imagined Shulk's visions would work in Smash as a special to "change the future" and whatnot, but in the end he just got an extra fancy counter special.

If Tracer gets in (Overwatch is great so I'm open to it), and if she keeps her time rewind as is, then Shulk will look like Ike 2.0: a character who doesn't have their primary defining abilities in Smash presumably because they'd be overpowered, only for a third-party DLC character to get them anyway (Ike had a projectile similar to Cloud's Blade Beam and he was VERY fast in his original game, and in Smash he's very slow, has no projectile, and swings his sword slowly most of the time).

Again, I'd be fine with Tracer, but I'd also be concerned for Shulk.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Ike had a projectile similar to Cloud's Blade Beam and he was VERY fast in his original game, and in Smash he's very slow, has no projectile, and swings his sword slowly most of the time)
Nah, he swings it at a decent speed. Not canonical"I teleported through you and now you're cut in half" but pretty fast.

Now, the exception to that being his Forward Smash. By God, is that... SLOW. The obvious reason for it being because it's not even an Ike move. It's a goddamn Black Knight move.

Also, yeah, where the hell is my blade beam, Sakurai. How does Cloud exist in the same universe as the one that spawned Ike? Also, half of his aether is missing.

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Goddamnit!

Pauline is the ONLY WoL spirit I haven't beaten yet, and apparently, the easy way to beat her is by taking a Staff equipped spirit.

But I already used my Cupid spirit to fuse into a different spirit! And I don't have any other spirits with the Staff ability!

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Alright, so let me get this straight Sakurai.

Ike isn't allowed to clip his sword through the stage for his aether, which is a terrible slow recovery that is easily spiked and needs every single benefit it has to prevent getting absolutely curbstomped...

But Simon's axe, which travels in an arc, kills, and can be used from anywhere onstage, can clip through the stage and gimp me when he's completely safe in the middle of the stage.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Apparently, Little Mac is top tier in the World of Light

(Ike had a projectile similar to Cloud's Blade Beam and he was VERY fast in his original game, and in Smash he's very slow, has no projectile, and swings his sword slowly most of the time).
RPG speed stats don't necessarily translate into high movement speed in an action game, as they serve to decide who moves first. Pikachu and Pichu have a lower base speed than Charizard, and yet they are faster than him. Squirtle is the same, and yet he is faster than someone like Lucario.
Ike had high speed because pretty much every FE protagonist is warranted to have very good stats. Robin can also have good speed in his game.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Alright, so let me get this straight Sakurai.

Ike isn't allowed to clip his sword through the stage for his aether, which is a terrible slow recovery that is easily spiked and needs every single benefit it has to prevent getting absolutely curbstomped...

But Simon's axe, which travels in an arc, kills, and can be used from anywhere onstage, can clip through the stage and gimp me when he's completely safe in the middle of the stage.
Listen I love to play Guts too but I just prefer Simon too much to agree with your complaining.
The cross is pretty jank though, I prefer using holy water to trap into F-Smash

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Goddamnit!

Pauline is the ONLY WoL spirit I haven't beaten yet, and apparently, the easy way to beat her is by taking a Staff equipped spirit.

But I already used my Cupid spirit to fuse into a different spirit! And I don't have any other spirits with the Staff ability!
I barely managed to beat that one today with only one second left on the timer. The challenge would have been much more manageable if it wasn't for the very tight time limit that it imposes.

Also this spirit made me question even more why we got 75m as the DK Arcade stage in the first place over what I'd imagine would be the more iconic 25m stage (plus that stage was miles more fun via mods)

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I'm trying to learn b reversing with Snake's grenades but the joycon is too jank to work with. I think I'm just gonna ask for a pro controller as a christmas gift and lessen my suffering.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Listen I love to play Guts too but I just prefer Simon too much to agree with your complaining.
The cross is pretty jank though, I prefer using holy water to trap into F-Smash
Oh yeah that cross.

"Ha, finally got into my effective range and knocked you off. Time to edgeguar-"
"ow, who the hell threw this cross?"

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Oh yeah that cross.

"Ha, finally got into my effective range and knocked you off. Time to edgeguar-"
"ow, who the hell threw this cross?"
nah dude its easy to gimp a belmont if you hit em in their double jump, they're basically the new little macs since at least mac can use haymaker in the air now

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
yall wild with this headcanon.
There's official art of Bayonetta attacking Jeanne with a pillow while she's butt ass naked.

They live together.

They speak more affectionately to one another than they do anyone else in the series.

The intensity of their bond/relationship is closely tied to the plot of both games thus far.

It's not 100 percent, but there is definitely more than enough to conclude that they might be more than Umbra witch sisters.

Noipoi

Howdy!
There's official art of Bayonetta attacking Jeanne with a pillow while she's butt *** naked.

They live together.

They speak more affectionately to one another than they do anyone else in the series.

The intensity of their bond/relationship is closely tied to the plot of both games thus far.

It's not 100 percent, but there is definitely more than enough to conclude that they might be more than Umbra witch sisters.
I'm gonna be honest, I used to be vehemently against this ship cuz I thought they were actual sisters.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
They are not sisters.

They're sisters in the sense of a witch coven.

Watch any sort of media about witches and typically even if the witches aren't blood related they still call one another ''sister."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom