• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash UK Discussion Thread - Check first post for tournaments, facebook info and videos!

rustediron

Smash Lord
joke is copyright of andy XD
also, high possibility of hosting a tournament in february in east anglia (thetford to be precise) should i bother with melee or not?
Hell yes? I'd totally make this (and try to bring other cam people) if you decide to host melee as well.

SwizzyUK

Smash Journeyman
If you do, make sure it's near the end of the month cos the monthly is in early Feb

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
joke is copyright of andy XD
also, high possibility of hosting a tournament in february in east anglia (thetford to be precise) should i bother with melee or not?
It's been done long before Andy did it. ;)

And if you can, yes!

Heartstring

Smash Legend
okay then, i'll update you guys on the subject, but seeing as i-and all the brawlers i know-dont own a gamecube, ill be needing you guys to bring gamecubes, i should be able to supply all the needed TV's. and with a bit of luck i can have accomodatino at the venue on the evening of the tournament (so possible saturday night accomodation)

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Yeah naturally, it should be assumed that the community brings the set-ups anyway. ;)

leffen

Smash Champion
@Shieks upsmash kills floaties ( fastfall / heavy knockback difference matters more ) at like 7% earlier in NTSC. So no Prof, you really dont know your stuff ;)

Who cares anyway, fox upsmash isnt even close to the strongest vertical hitting attack anyway.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
@Shieks upsmash kills floaties ( fastfall / heavy knockback difference matters more ) at like 7% earlier in NTSC. So no Prof, you really dont know your stuff ;)

Who cares anyway, fox upsmash isnt even close to the strongest vertical hitting attack anyway.
I was using the difference in NTSC vs PAL U-smash to death with fox so I don't think the fact of it being the strongest killing vertical attack in the game is important, as the difference in the killing percent is all that mattered and it is EXTREMELY noticable.

And this subject was talking about a falco (fast faller), not a floaty so unless it is a substantial amount of difference between what percentage the falco would die at on the top platform at 90%....then my point still remains as it not being that much different.

j3ly

Smash Champion

3rd strongest is pretty close..

smakis

Smash Ace
I don't even know the order, shiek tipper > pika usmash > fox usmash?

ganon fsmash > them alllllllllll

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
we swedes are in your threads, ****** your community....

=)
I don't even know the order, shiek tipper > pika usmash > fox usmash?

ganon fsmash > them alllllllllll
I remember seeing a post about it,
Pikachu's was first and I remember Peach's sweetspotted U-Smash being as strong as NTSC U-smash.

And you lot have achieved in ****** nothing except for attempting it and then getting put in your place, unless your values are that low in Sweden that you would call that an achievement :confused:

someone play smash with me i need to take away the rust loool
What's this lol....I thought you couldn't play smash and now you want to knock the rust off, anyway where do you actually live and how far from a train station out of curiousity.

Retroking2000

Smash Master
Long story short i can play now :)
i live in enfield . closest station is ponders end for me . I am willing to travel to anywhere in london. so bored haha
i want to go to the monthly / SNY2 lol
watching my old matches i was like 'nahhhhh' lol
i have to do better than that especially the me vs charles ones

VA

Smash Hero
sup fellow ego buddies.

Fuzzy changed his avatar?

Edwin back from the dead?

I go away for a few days and everything has changed.

Prof's still the same thank god.

In other news, I'm going to stay off this for a while. Can people tell me on facebook when there is a tournament and stuff because I can't be bohtered checking lameboards anymore.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
looool What's the point in staying away for awhile, why don't you just moderate the amount you go on and restrict yourself but I don't see why forcing yourself off of it (unless you're on it all day) is beneficial...

But ok anyway.

VA

Smash Hero
I just don't get anything out of it and I spend a lot of time wandering around the vids sections etc.

I'm pretty bored of the banter too. I've been around a little while longer than most people here, except fuzzy.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
lol fair enough, your choice, it's just that time of year anyway, happens every year when the boards just get dead cos everyone is busy with holiday stuff and whatnot, the hype will comeback and I will be back to winning events and being cocky but this year i'm looking to take my cocky to new heights :bee:

leffen

Smash Champion
Upwards hit list.
Pikachu
Sheik ( shiek somewhere here, NTSC sheik 1 spot over afaik ).
Pichu
Peach
Marth/Fox NTSC ( stronger if you DI away ).
GAW ( atleast within 1-3% of foxes afaik ).
Fox

so yeah its not third, getraped uk ;)

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Who strongly stood by the claim of it being the 3rd strongest U-smash in the game lol???

When will Sweden cease to fail??? :confused:

Edit - LOOOL At Edwin contionously bringing up matches of Charles getting ***** for no reason...

From what I Heard Charles is going through another one of his fazes and now he is looking to playing marth again for some reason, oh well, more rust for his falcon, more marths to ****, easier win for me :)

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Who strongly stood by the claim of it being the 3rd strongest U-smash in the game lol???

When will Sweden cease to fail??? :confused:

Edit - LOOOL At Edwin contionously bringing up matches of Charles getting ***** for no reason...

From what I Heard Charles is going through another one of his fazes and now he is looking to playing marth again for some reason, oh well, more rust for his falcon, more marths to ****, easier win for me :)
haha, extra new heights on the cockyness, onyl to be chopped down s his pride by a sheik-maining brawler who cant short hop with anyone in melee *trollface.jpg*

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
J3ly is part of the 'Weed People'.....not us.

Important message though, does anyone know how to renew passports and such and the cheapers place to get it done as I am thinking about travelling to European Event veryyyyy soon so I need some good and reliable and cheap offers and for it to be done kind of soon :)

Retroking2000

Smash Master
sorry prof theres only one place that does that ips :)
but seriously your passport shouldnt have expired your first adult passport last for ten years
reason im not going beast is cause i lost mine lol
unless you had a child one but i doubt you can pull off a child one loooool
if thats the case you need a adult one which is free for your first one but if not its about 49-70 pounds
you could always apply for a epassport but one paper risking your citizenship loool you could be professor pro the french smasher looooool

smakis

Smash Ace
I find it hilarious though, 20 pounds for an international tournament and barely anyone from the uk is going? =D

And Ewdin there is plenty of time to get a new one <3

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
EXTREMEMLY RANDOMLY today, VANITY ANGEL went to Bishkins house (he was going to some Party thingy with Swizzy later in the day and figured he would go to Bishkins quickly) and as a result of this we got in really good games which were recorded and will be uploaded on...along with other sets from Bishkin and Fandemz

www.youtube.com/user/OoCSmashBaby

SOOOO SUBSCRIBE FOR FUTURE ****!!!

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Important Question

I have a bunch of matches with me and VA is one video so its 45 mins long.
I cut it up on Windows Movie Maker but as soon as I convert it they sound goes funny on the video, you can still hear it but it goes a bit more muffly and not as clean as it was before.

Does anyone know a certain setting to choose or just or another program?

I would rather the better setting then the program but im open to both.

Top Bottom