• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash UK Discussion Thread - Check first post for tournaments, facebook info and videos!

Retroking2000

Smash Master
lots of london players that play brawl are only playing in small circles kinda a waist of skill and there community

to be realistic who would travel up and down england on a basis

someone needs to start managing brawl lol i know jolteon is doing it but i mean on a charles scale like he did for melee

anyways next time alpha is hosting i will come

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
It seems if Brawl is dieing in the UK, tourney attendance has been decreasing and the amount of tournaments is decreasing as well. There's been what, 2 Brawl tourneys so far this year and it's been 6months. I know Andys doing his fests which bring like 10 people in and keeping the level of play to a good standard, but we arn't really sustaining a big community. =[

X1-12

Smash Champion
I played brawl for the first time the other day (borrowed it from a friend), can't say I'm particularly interested in playing competitively though..

Bishkin

Smash Apprentice
Smash at mine today - jjl, Jolteon come down. Unreal is coming. Others must come!

We can play till around 12 / 12.30, I have a comfy big room with 2 setups and recording equipment - what more could you want?? A kebab shop about 30 seconds walk away? You got it!

Southfields or Earlsfield stations are both 10 mins walk from mine

VA

Smash Hero
More like 30 minutes walk away...jk.

Anyway so, Deathgazer is a nub and has retakes so he apparently he's not coming to mine next week. Bishkin, are you and Fandemz still up for coming to Brighton? Also there is space for some others, anyone interested?

Bishkin

Smash Apprentice
I'll call up Fandem about this. I will only really be able to come for friday night as I've got a work drinks do to go to on saturday. Suppose I could stay for a bit on sat as well.
Who else is going?

ps Don't let this ^ fool ^ put you off it's really not 30 mins walk from the stations

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Bishkin what's your email? Need to talk to you for a sec lol.

Also Robby what date? and how much does travel to Brighton cost roughly? :X

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
I'll call up Fandem about this. I will only really be able to come for friday night as I've got a work drinks do to go to on saturday. Suppose I could stay for a bit on sat as well.
Who else is going?

ps Don't let this ^ fool ^ put you off it's really not 30 mins walk from the stations
it is a bit of a treck i cant lie. Ah i actually dont have work so im free to come, i just cant be bothered today, im hanging!! ****!

i been playing so much over the week anyway, but i wana get some more games recorded, ill see what prof is saying

SwizzyUK

Smash Journeyman
What time's this happening Bishkin? I've gotta be back in central by 7 but if people are coming early then I can probably make it.

Bishkin

Smash Apprentice
NOW!!! lol
Whenever, I think Unreal is due to be here any minuite now

Which makes:
Me
Unreal
Jolteon
Prof
Dash(?)
Gantz(?)
Swizzy

That's probably enough tbh for 2 setups

SwizzyUK

Smash Journeyman
Cool, I'll come. I'll drop you a text from the station to let you know when I'm getting in.
Can't remember the way to your house though, will call you from Southfields.
Get there early people!

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Prof, wanna meet up at Southfields?
lol Well i'm currently watching one more episode of The Contender which I downloaded ILLEGALLY and then I will ring you to tell you where about I am when i'm on the tram to wimbeldon

Someone bring a copy of smash please
I'll bring the copy of smash.

This is some extremely random decent turnout lol :confused:

Bishkin

Smash Apprentice
Prof whats the deal with dash and gantz?

Charles your welcome to come over, we can play till about 12 / 12.30 at night

VA

Smash Hero
For my fest we only have yeniths me beast and swizzy now. Bishkin says he's coming to and the floor is now open. Brighton returns are not all that expensive from croydon, probs like £10 or so alex.

Top Bottom