• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

smash tournament in sauga! Need help! Looking for venue and prices!

Bug~

Smash Ace
Hey guys, as it states in the title, im planning on hosting a huge tourney in sauga. I am looking for a venue atm. I have ideas for stages, entrance fee and whatever else is needed.

I am looking for someone to host the melee part of this tournament. If possible, I would also need a couple ppl to help me set this up. These people would help me rent the place out for the day and handle the organization of the tournament (TV/food/drinks etc.)

I will be editing this post with details more and more.

buy in will be $15 for singles and $10 each for doubles

Please post here if your interested in helping me and add me on msn. Bug@live.ca

Any ideas on dates? sometime in late june when everyones done school?

Thanks, Bug.

I.B

Smash Lord
PM TyrantWolf about helping you out with this.

And btw, the standard for tournament entry is $15 for singles, and $10 per person for doubles.

Grmo

Smash Champion
Plymouth Rock, eating Thanksgiving dinner
^ you forgot about me. and yes, that's true. TBH, a bigger pot size doesn't make a bigger tournament. In fact, it makes a smaller tournament. Don't focus too much on the pot size and instead focus on making it a good tournament.

btw i'll be willing to help. i've got several years of tournament experience behind me.

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
LOLO STOP HACkING SMASHBOARDS

and uh
gl to ur turnamint Bug~, I agree, the prices r 2 high lol

KingAce

Smash Ace
When are you planning for this tournament to happen? Oh, and singles should be $15, and doubles $20 per team? If the price is too high some people may actually wont be able to come? If it costs you too much money to rent out the place then yeah just add a venue fee and itll be good =)

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
I've allways agreed that $15 for singles and $10 each person for doubles is a good tournament standard.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
combo breaker seems to have inspired the community to host more tournaments =D
Nahh, my brother just said "Why don't you have a tournament down at the Lake?" so then I started doing some planning to try to make it happen =P.

But yeh. If you don't bring your prices down Bug, there won't be many people attending.

Grmo

Smash Champion
Ok, since the discussion in this thread seems to have gone down to a minimum, I'd like to redirect it. Bug, if we're going to help you host this thing, we need the constant information. That is, the stuff that you can't change. The exact location of the venue, how big it is, and how much it will cost. That way we could bus down there and meet you and have a look around, decide where to put things and how much we can have in it. The things that those decisions will yield the unconstant results (things that can be changed). So, if you can get us that information, then we can start talking about things like what I mentioned above, and other stuff like the price, possible venue fee, how to manage things in general, how to organize TV placements (something I fail at at my tournaments because we just improvise), and most importantly, how long you want to rent it out for and what date. Also, we'll need directions for people on how to get there from square one (unless they live closer to the venue than square one in which case they can find their own way). There's a lot needed in preparation for a tournament. First off, do these things:

Get us physical information about the venue
Find out how much it costs to rent for a day (10 hours, although I rented mine for 12)
Find out the exact address, phone number, and postal code

Some final tips: try to minimize costs. One group tried to take money out of the pot so they could pay for the rental of TVs. This is clearly unnecessary. Also, don't make up your own rules/stage stuff. That's something that should be decided collectively by the community and echoed. You are the boss though, so you can make minor changes.

Bug~

Smash Ace
ok you guys are right, I will make it $15 singles, $20 per team for doubles.

I am going to go today and find out some stuff at the community center and get back to you ASAP.

I just moved back in my house on saturday actually lol from the condo at sq1 which I was temporarily living there cause my house went on fire. This means that I dont have internet at home right now, we are going to get it but i dont know when.

I am at school keeping in contact with you guys.

anyways ill get all the info for u today and most likely tell u guys about it tomorrow.

I appreciate ur help grmo as ill need it. thanks.

ill talk to you soon. ez.

Here is the stage selection I am thinking of having set:

Neutrals

Battlefield
Final Destination
Lylat Cruise
Smashville
Yoshi's Island

Counter-picks

Delfino Plaza
Pokemon Stadium
Frigate Orpheon
Distant Planet
Battleship Halberd
Norfair
Brinstar
Corneria
Rainbow Cruise
Castle Siege
Green Hill Zone
Mario Circuit
Jungle Japes
Luigi's Mansion

Banned

Hannibow
Mushroomy Kingdom
Rumble Falls
Donkey Kong 75m
Spear Pillar
Port Town Aero Dive
Wario Ware
The Summit
Mario Bros.
New Pork City
Flat Zone 2
Temple
Big Blue
Pokemon Stadium 2
Pirate Ship
Skyworld
Shadow Moses Island
Onett
Pictochat
Bridge of Eldin

Grmo

Smash Champion
Pokemon Stadium 1 is generally a neutral too. You spelled Hanenbow wrong. Aside from that, it's fine, but the official list will likely be subject to change with all the stage oriented discussion going on atm.

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
Bug, PM me.

I'm down to help you out with your tournament. Cawthra and Lakeshore? lol not that far off from TransCanada's old venue.

I was about to post that busing there is a drag, but it's not too bad from what I see. Are you planning on making this a mix tournament? or a Brawl only tournament? How big is this place you got in mind? Got any friends/family that can help you with supplies and such?

Bug~

Smash Ace
I am actually going to go today to find out the stuff cause yesterday I had soccer game after school and it was pouring rain so im not gunna walk there after that.

I am gunna go play bball at the center today though so ill find out and tell you guys tomo.

Gichan

Smash Champion
Man, this area sounds nice, if it gets too stuffy in the place, and after playing too much video games, then one can take a stroll for some actual games!

Bug~

Smash Ace
haha guys, Im gunna also find out how much it cost to rent out the gym for an hour or 2 for dodgeball since it is my favourite game.

sorry guys, ive just been playing sports inside and out busy week but I promise I will get it ASAP and post it up.

The community center is actually pretty new so its nice and all.

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
Hmmm, how's the security deposit?

Sounds good. It's a bit pricy, but it's good. How big is it in size(sq. ft, meters, etc)? Do they charge for the equipment like say tables and chairs in the hour rate? Or seperate rate?

I ask all this just so that you don't get screwed over with a bill that you can't handle after the tournament is over.

Switchblade

Smash Journeyman
lol theres no need to make it sound sick its whatever u like, i mean, combo breaker was SUPPOSE to be call "Real Men Use Items"(changed only because it was long and looked weird when browsing the thread list) and the ones grmo hosted b4 that were "Star furry" and the one before that "Cake Town". hell ppl got away with Smashterbation XD

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
I disagree, names are necessary. Something funny. Let's refrain from calling it "THE EASY TOURNAMENT". That'd be lamesauce x 1000 lol.

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
.___. So lame. Think of something to do with Smash. Stages, characters and something. Maybe even the street or something lol. Just NOT the Easy button. The joke will get stale.

Top Bottom