• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Switch Speculation: Misc. & New Franchises

Misc and New Franchises.jpg

Note: These articles are more for discussion purposes before E3. They'll be short, sweet, and to the point for a brief recap and looking into possible characters/stages for each series in Smash Bros. These also go by a "Don't expect too much" philosophy. Please remember to be civil in the comments discussion.

Smash has a history of introducing one-off characters from smaller franchise and to finish this off, we haven't quite covered new franchises yet, but there are plenty of other new characters to look into!

Returning Characters

Doesn't really exist for this.

New Characters
There's quite a few other franchises to look out for. Code Name S.T.E.A.M. seems like a smart choice at first, though it doesn't actually offer much to work with - much of its cast consists of historical figures and public domain characters. Isaac from Golden Sun, and Ray 01 from Custom Robo are fan favorites to make it in. An ARMs character is definitely plausible, and Dillon from the Dillon's Rolling Western games is also not impossible. Beyond that, it really comes down to what Nintendo wants to promote and what the team finds interesting.

For retro characters, it's a bit more difficult to pin down, but Takamaru, Mach Rider, Excitebiker, and Balloon Fighter all seem like good candidates, if we see any.

Returning Stages

Any new stages with no character don't feel likely but it's hard to tell.

New Stages

Any new characters that get added for their own franchises will probably get their own stages.

Author's Note: What are your thoughts on Nintendo's newer and lesser known IPs? What new franchises would you like to see in Smash for Switch? Let us know in the comments below!

Last edited:
Lucas "Thirdkoopa" Guimaraes

Comments

I don't know why people want people want other ARMS people besides Spring Man. One is enough!

Last edited:
From the newer franchises, I could see Dillon and maybe someone from ARMS as possible candidates.

As for Retro and lesser known franchises, my possible candidates would be Takamaru, Excitebiker, Ayumi Tachibana and Balloon Fighter.

Takamaru would be a really cool retro representative, Issac is like an old outcry wanting to be heard, i dunno how successesful ARMS was or if it's too soon to deserve a spot (but i has cool characters that would be fun to play).
Oh, i still dream of a Advance Wars character too...

If ya'll wanna go retro, ya'll need to look at the Kunio-kun series. There's a whole metric lot of games on the Famicom back in Japan, and the few that made it overseas became instant icons, such as River City Ransom/Street Gangs.
But considering Kunio himself got kinda revived, I'm not exactly sure if you can still place him in the same groups as other retros.

As for newer franchises? ARMs, definitely. There's no way that we're not getting an ARMs character unless Sakurai sees it as a bit redundant, but then again he let Ryu in soooo...

D
My first post!
I doubt characters such as Little Mac will return.
Characters with low-key games can be expected to be given the boot (kicked out).

Fossil Fighters is my hope. ARMS and Dillon's Rolling Western are my predictions.
My first post!
I doubt characters such as Little Mac will return.
Characters with low-key games can be expected to be given the boot (kicked out).
If that was a reason, he wouldn't have made it on the roster in the first place.

I Don't Think Takamaru Won't Make it Because he's not very Popular Enough.
I think he might be in as a Japan Only Character Just Like:
Marth,Roy,and Lucas.

Overall I Like him Better as a Assist Trophy but it Would be very Difficult to put him in.

He has a very low chance.

Hopefully This will Satisfied anyone so Good Day

D
Fossil Fighters is my hope. ARMS and Dillon's Rolling Western are my predictions.

If that was a reason, he wouldn't have made it on the roster in the first place.
Good point. . .
Well, now the Smash Bros. Ultimate roster has been revealed, we can see for ourselves. . .
Can't wait to give Ridley and Snake a go.

Top Bottom