• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash, Sticking Around

S

speed demon fox_

i noticed it said something about blocks does this mean we have tohave memory.

G

Gamer Blue

This is just me, but who wants to collect stickers!? Trophies are way better.

K

kirbykirbykirby

I think you should be able to put stickers on characters and their weapons!

D

Dyce

Sakurai (in line 1 of today’s update): “I’d like to introduce a new collection element to the game—stickers.”

Notice how he said “A new collection element” not “THE new collection element”. Stickers don’t rule out trophies entirely, but that’s not to say that they won’t take them out either. Personally, I feel the translator would have picked up on this if Sakurai had said it as the “end all” as opposed to the “simple addition”.

If stickers take over trophies entirely… I’m going to be pissed.

K

Kinnikuman

Covering characters in stickers = Win
Imagine a Kirby covered in polka dots.

K

kirbykirbykirby

How about battle stickers:
I call them
Elemental Stickers
Fire
Water
Wind
Earth

You put them on your character and they gain new attacks
Example:
Fire Sticker + Kirby
Rapid Fire Punchs = flaming rapid punchs
Flaming Hammer
Flaming cutter

Water causes a side-effect of freezing.
Earth = Oppenents getting stuck in the ground.
Wind = causes small whirlwinds to appear.

Maybe light and dark.

What do you think?

K

kirbykirbykirby

Oh, and when two oppisite elemental attacks collide they negate each others.

D

Dyce

How about the Sparky Sticker from the Mario Party games? Throw it on the ground, characters become stuck on it and zapped. Like a mine that isn’t a one time use and doesn’t send you flying, it just hurts you.

C

ChozoChampion

seriously i feel that stickers will have no impact on gameplay just another collectible with a bit more use than trophies

C

cyber4

I doubt the trophies will be excluded from Brawl. They never said the trophies would be disappearing completely… only that the stickers would be in on this too. If that’s the case… there’s gonna be a crapload of collecting going on throughout the whole game. >_>

K

Kinnikuman

Trophies will defineantly still be in brawl how could they go from rewarding and artistic trophies to…Stickers.
I wonder what tonights update is gonna be???

K

Kinnikuman

WAIT! ARE WE GONNA START GETTING STICKERS AS UPDATES!!!!!!

(faints)

C

ChozoChampion

i don’t think stickers are a big enough part of the game to get their own updates…..hopefully…..

K

Kinnikuman

Tomorrows update = Nintendog Sticker. lol.
Look at the yoshi pic he’s actually looking at the sticker. That just proves how much more advanced brawl is going to be in comparison to melee

R

ravenkikas

Man stickers just sound so girlish.. I hope we still have tons of Trophys!
Luigi Final Smash: Maybe something with the vacum thing from luigi’s mansion? (dont know if someone allready mention this..) .. if not.. someone agree?

F

FalcoRoy

it would be cool if you could play as your mii’s and you can give them different moves from characters i know this is off topic but whatever

W

WeAreVenom

Hey everyone!! just to update myself:

1. Trophys will be in brawl (pleasepleasepleaseplease). Stickers are JUNK compared to the majesty of trophys.
2. We didn’t get trophys as updates for melee, so no sticker updates for brawl *unfaints*
3. Stickers are just for collecting. I don’t think they will have any impact on the actual brawling going down (mainly because the stickers are mostly characters)

W

WeAreVenom

Who thinks the “paper” records your online gaming info? like wins/losses and other stuff (personal quote, total ko’s, total times ko’d). The stickers could just be for decorating. maybe this is just a little part of a big picture, hmmmmmmmm…

What do you guys think?

H

homelessvagrant

kinnikuman for that comment you made way north, yes I’ll main pokemon trainer. unless someone extraordinary comes out my new character will be pokemon trainer. I don’t even care if he is low tier.

I don’t believe Sakurai will have any sticker updates because what’s their to talk about. Unless each sticker has it’s own bio then no. If they did have a bio however than we can say bye to trophies. I doubt it will happen though.

With mii’s I wouldn’t want to play as my mii but rather play as a smash character and pummel my friends.

S

Sneaky 2.0

Perhaps they’ll have a Mario Kart sticker. You know, put R.O.B. in as a collectible, racing in his black kart. Perhaps if the game allows backgrounds, i’ll pretend he’s racing through Sky Garden.

K

kirbykirbykirby

I know my idea will NEVER be used in Brawl, but I had to share!

Stickers and trophies will both be in it.

I’ll totally main as Red too, or Viewtiful Joe if he is in the game.
I didn’t realise he was a third party character.

K

kirbykirbykirby

Squirtle- I didn’t expect him
Ivysaur- unexpected
Charizard-Hoped for

W

WeAreVenom

Does anyone agree with my idea (or at least think its possible)? with the paper being some sort of Gamercard for smash bros?

Homeless, Kinnikuman, Shadow Kirby, Gamer Blue… anybody?

F

FalcoRoy

NO VIEWTIFUL JOE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

he is too weird my third party selection

Sora kingdom hearts chain of memories on the Game Boy advance
Snake(of course he is in already)
Cloud Strife Kingdom Hearts chain of memories on the Game Boy advance

Top Bottom