• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Shipping - Ultimate Edition

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Technically a shipping but not really. Closest thing to this thread though but

:ultlucas: + :ultrosalina:

Just for a son-mother like relationship the two could have. I can honestly see Rosalina being very motherly towards Lucas honestly to the point she'd likely go mama bear on anyone who threatens him say like any of the villains in the roster so far.

Also assuming Medusa makes the cut. She and King K. Rool will be my official Smash OTP. I can only imagine a drunken King K. Rool hitting on her much to her annoyance at a pub with the other villains who are socializing. :laugh:

Last edited:

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
:ultyounglink: + :ultinkling: = Kid and Squid
:ultfox: + :ultrosalina: = Star Cross Lovers
:ultkirby: + :ultyoshi: = Hungry Duo
:ultwario: + :ultpacman: = Eternal Hunger
:ultgnw: + :ultlucina: = Flat Chests
:ultdoc: + :ultkingdedede: = PHDeDeDe
:ultlittlemac: + :ultroy: = Flex Seal
:ultrobin + :ultcorrin: = Fire Emblem Bisexuals
:ultmiifighters: + :ultwiifittrainer: = Boring Even Together
:ultdarkpit: + :ultbayonetta: = "You Don't Know the Power of the Dark Side"
:ultmario: + :ultdaisy: = "I did not have Sexual Relations with that Woman"

Last edited:

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
Similar to in their home games, I'd imagine that :ultrobin and :ultcorrin: would get along well with the rest of the roster.

:ultrobin and :ultbayonetta: would talk about children, and Robin would mention how he has a daughter back home, and would offer to have them meet each other some day.
:ultrobin and :ultcorrin: would talk about fate and choosing your own path, similar to how they did in Fire Emblem Warriors.
:ultrobin would make sure :ultlucina: is holding up alright, especially since their opponents are like nothing they've ever faced before.
:ultrobin would ask :ultpalutena: about his past before his amnesia. He'd also be surprised at her cheerful and playful attitude for a goddess.
:ultrobin would ask :ultpeach: about why she doesn't fight back when being captured, despite her clearly being able to fight. They'd also talk about having someone near and dear who's always there for them.
:ultrobin would make a remark about how :ultdaisy:'s energetic tomboyish attitude reminds him of a certain princess back home.
:ultrobin would comfort :ultrosalina: about her tragic backstory, as well as being able to relate to her about having a familial relationship with non-blood relatives—he'd talk about how he considers the Shepherds to be his family.
:ultrobin would find :ultsheik: mysterious at first, but would later then discover that she is Zelda. He'd promise to keep her secret in the end.
:ultrobin and :ultwiifittrainer: would talk about how important it is to keep your body fit and healthy, and Wii Fit Trainer would put him through a number of grueling training regimen and exercises.
:ultrobin and :ultzelda: would talk about magic and spells, and would probably become good Magic Buddies.
:ultrobin and :ultzss: would talk about being parent-less, and Robin would be fascinated in all of Samus's hi-tech gear.
:ultmarth: would make a remark about how :ultrobin reminds him of Kris.
:ultrobin would congratulate :ultchrom: for making it in Smash, but would ask him who was left in charge of the Halidom of Ylisse in his absence.
:ultrobin and :ultolimar: would talk about how unbearable it is to even lose a single one of their friends. In Robin's case, it'd be one of the Shepehrds, whereas in Olimar's case, it'd be one of the Pikmin. They'd then go on to commend each other for making sure that such a thing never happened.
:ultrobin and :ultsnake: would have some sort of philosophical discussion about war or something, I don't know.
:ultrobin would talk about the stories he'd heard of :ultike:, and how he had met his descendant. He'd also be intrigued about the strategies that his own tactician had used.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Similar to in their home games, I'd imagine that :ultrobin and :ultcorrin: would get along well with the rest of the roster.

:ultrobin and :ultbayonetta: would talk about children, and Robin would mention how he has a daughter back home, and would offer to have them meet each other some day.
:ultrobin and :ultcorrin: would talk about fate and choosing your own path, similar to how they did in Fire Emblem Warriors.
:ultrobin would make sure :ultlucina: is holding up alright, especially since their opponents are like nothing they've ever faced before.
:ultrobin would ask :ultpalutena: about his past before his amnesia. He'd also be surprised at her cheerful and playful attitude for a goddess.
:ultrobin would ask :ultpeach: about why she doesn't fight back when being captured, despite her clearly being able to fight. They'd also talk about having someone near and dear who's always there for them.
:ultrobin would make a remark about how :ultdaisy:'s energetic tomboyish attitude reminds him of a certain princess back home.
:ultrobin would comfort :ultrosalina: about her tragic backstory, as well as being able to relate to her about having a familial relationship with non-blood relatives—he'd talk about how he considers the Shepherds to be his family.
:ultrobin would find :ultsheik: mysterious at first, but would later then discover that she is Zelda. He'd promise to keep her secret in the end.
:ultrobin and :ultwiifittrainer: would talk about how important it is to keep your body fit and healthy, and Wii Fit Trainer would put him through a number of grueling training regimen and exercises.
:ultrobin and :ultzelda: would talk about magic and spells, and would probably become good Magic Buddies.
:ultrobin and :ultzss: would talk about being parent-less, and Robin would be fascinated in all of Samus's hi-tech gear.
:ultmarth: would make a remark about how :ultrobin reminds him of Kris.
:ultrobin would congratulate :ultchrom: for making it in Smash, but would ask him who was left in charge of the Halidom of Ylisse in his absence.
:ultrobin and :ultolimar: would talk about how unbearable it is to even lose a single one of their friends. In Robin's case, it'd be one of the Shepehrds, whereas in Olimar's case, it'd be one of the Pikmin. They'd then go on to commend each other for making sure that such a thing never happened.
:ultrobin and :ultsnake: would have some sort of philosophical discussion about war or something, I don't know.
:ultrobin would talk about the stories he'd heard of :ultike:, and how he had met his descendant. He'd also be intrigued about the strategies that his own tactician had used.
This is impressive. It's nice Robin's social butterfly aspect carried over to Smash as well.

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
To add to this one, they're one of a few characters that can take on both genders in Smash Bros, so they can ship with each other as anything and be fine. Straight, Gay, Lesbians, take your pick. I'm sure they would love any situation.

KafkaKomedy

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW 8371 3981 5803
I don't know why but for some reason I haven't been able to get the idea of :ultfox: x:ultsamus: out of my head. I guess its because they're both sci-fi characters and I think them both being headstrong and stoic respectively could be a fun dynamic. Any art or stories of them being cute together?

Uffe

Smash Hero
I hate to go hard into this... but...

:ultryu:+:ultlittlemac: (I could make a "fisting" joke but I'm not going to)
I got you covered.

Now, onto the list.

:ultmario:x:ultpeach: Obvious.
:ultluigi:x:ultdaisy: Daisy needs more airtime.
:ultlink:x:ultzelda: Naturally.
:ultsamus:x:ultfalcon: I've always seen these two as being meant for each other. Both bounty hunters from the future with some mystery behind them.
:ultness:x:ultvillager:(F) They've got big noggins, short bodies, and stubby arms and legs. What I'm trying to say is, Nintendo, please put Ness in an Animal Crossing game.
:ultkirby:x:ultjigglypuff: I don't think this needs an explanation.
:ultsimon:x:ultlucina: I don't know if Marth and Lucina are related, otherwise I would have placed them together.
:ultrichter:x:ultrobin(F) I know nothing about Robin, so going off of Sm4sh, she has a sword and magic. Richter Belmont also uses magic and has a Vampire Killer.
:ultrob:x:ultmegaman: Lol.
:ultpit:x:ultinkling: They could be high school crushes. I just realized this, but they also seem to be wearing something like bicycle shorts. Match made in heaven, no pun intended. :awesome:
:ultganondorf:x:ultbayonetta: I don't really see it, but I feel like something could be there. Anytime I use Ganondorf and I fight Bayo, it's like darkness vs darkness.
:ultduckhunt:x:ultlucario: (F) I don't see this happening, but they're canines.
:ultsnake:x:ultsheik: What? Both are stealthy people who can fight.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I got you covered.

Now, onto the list.

:ultmario:x:ultpeach: Obvious.
:ultluigi:x:ultdaisy: Daisy needs more airtime.
:ultlink:x:ultzelda: Naturally.
:ultsamus:x:ultfalcon: I've always seen these two as being meant for each other. Both bounty hunters from the future with some mystery behind them.
:ultness:x:ultvillager:(F) They've got big noggins, short bodies, and stubby arms and legs. What I'm trying to say is, Nintendo, please put Ness in an Animal Crossing game.
:ultkirby:x:ultjigglypuff: I don't think this needs an explanation.
:ultsimon:x:ultlucina: I don't know if Marth and Lucina are related, otherwise I would have placed them together.
:ultrichter:x:ultrobin(F) I know nothing about Robin, so going off of Sm4sh, she has a sword and magic. Richter Belmont also uses magic and has a Vampire Killer.
:ultrob:x:ultmegaman: Lol.
:ultpit:x:ultinkling: They could be high school crushes. I just realized this, but they also seem to be wearing something like bicycle shorts. Match made in heaven, no pun intended. :awesome:
:ultganondorf:x:ultbayonetta: I don't really see it, but I feel like something could be there. Anytime I use Ganondorf and I fight Bayo, it's like darkness vs darkness.
:ultduckhunt:x:ultlucario: (F) I don't see this happening, but they're canines.
:ultsnake:x:ultsheik: What? Both are stealthy people who can fight.
Be careful, both ROB and Mega Man are guys.

Uffe

Smash Hero
Be careful, both ROB and Mega Man are guys.
Mega Man looks like a boy and has the word man in his name, but technically neither of them are male or female since they're machines.

Meritocracy

Smash Apprentice
The emoji's are broken for me right now, so here we go with all text.
Kirby x Bayo, long story don't ask
WFT x Palutena (I probably butchered the spelling, apologies) see above
Peach x Rosalina
Sonic x Inkling shorter story, feel free to ask

osby

Smash Obsessed
Mega Man looks like a boy and has the word man in his name, but technically neither of them are male or female since they're machines.
I mean, they don't have physical sexes but they have genders.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Filthy casuals. Grow a pair and recognize the greatest ship of the Smash characters.

Really hope this isn't spam or something

1baae1cd8e26ddcf04ef1a56b47f555e.jpg
aa58dc2306cc237a4d794c1c0c0607b0.jpg
wolf_and_fox_about_to_do_it_by_wolfen69-d3l4mcd.jpg
starfox_by_koutanagamori.jpg
c9266a60e0fdd558a783ca65cfec5281.jpg
33764033-256-k7882.jpg
1468727079.vetrowolf_com947mani.jpg
tumblr_inline_ni377m1A851ro3koc.png
oooh_by_faustina13-d9vkb21.png
405d8eb3c05429874d98b282ed355ebf.jpg
KoinuKitsune.256.238218.jpg
tumblr_inline_n70hqoQOtf1qfa9o6.png

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Okay... I'll admit it...

I thought the whole Little Mac and Samus thing was kind of cute.

Q-Long

Smash Lord
Some gay ships
Robin x Ryu (they both have a dark side! Though Shulk x Robin art is super cute)
Richter x Dark Pit (The hammy ship! Dark Pit would be super tsun)

No Ike cause it's weird seeing him without Soren, though if I had to choose a Smash boyo it would be Link x Ike

Some hetero ships
Ryu x WFT
Shulk x Lucina (the whole future thing)
Obvious ones like Daisy x Luigi

Ryu and WFT are perfect for each other. They're both so dedicated to fitness

osby

Smash Obsessed
Some gay ships
Robin x Ryu (they both have a dark side! Though Shulk x Robin art is super cute)
Richter x Dark Pit (The hammy ship! Dark Pit would be super tsun)

No Ike cause it's weird seeing him without Soren, though if I had to choose a Smash boyo it would be Link x Ike

Some hetero ships
Ryu x WFT
Shulk x Lucina (the whole future thing)
Obvious ones like Daisy x Luigi

Ryu and WFT are perfect for each other. They're both so dedicated to fitness
Nice ships.

Also nice seeing WFT getting the love she deserves.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'm personally surprised there isn't much shipping between Palutena and Rosalina. I remember when both were announced for Smash 4. There were lot of artwork between them especially on DeviantArt which I guess makes sense due to them being goddesses (In Rosalina's case a goddess-like status).

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I'm personally surprised there isn't much shipping between Palutena and Rosalina. I remember when both were announced for Smash 4. There were lot of artwork between them especially on DeviantArt which I guess makes sense due to them being goddesses (In Rosalina's case a goddess-like status).
Palutena and Lucina is apparently more popular, and I don’t like that pairing at all lol

Friends? Maybe. Lovers? No thanks.

I prefer PaluRosa too :)

lizard1929

Smash Journeyman
Charizard and Ridley would be like long lost brothers (with Yoshi as a little bro)

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Huh who would had thought. Wonder what draws people in for PalutenaxLucina...
The screenshot on Lucina’s Smash 4 page, probably. That’s literally all it had going for it

Meanwhile FalconXLucina is horribly overlooked (though slowly gaining traction) you know a ship has potential when you can craft a story with their trailer as a starting point and plan on throwing in a lot of character and relationship development

Like I’d get back to my Falconcina fic I swear, I’m just waiting on a few reveals I’m hoping to see (mainly Elma, and hopefully Black Shadow too as I have some pivotal scenes planned in my head that those two characters, at diff points in the story of course, would play a bit of a role in)

Vermilion

Smash Cadet
:ultsimon::ultbayonetta:: Holy water won’t stop Bayonetta from pursuing Simon.

:ultroy::ultdaisy:: They’re just cute together.

:ultrobin:ultzelda:: Nerds.

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
[QUOTE="Uffe, post: 22401721, member: 118975" I don't know if Marth and Lucina are related, otherwise I would have placed them together.
Ehhhhhh, technically they are, but they're so far removed that at the point they're both at it probably wouldn't reach any gross genetic territory. afaik Lucina is Marth's great, great, great, great, great, great,... ...great, great, great (you get the idea) grand daughter. Make of that what you will. they'd probably be safe, but I couldn't blame someone for still feeling an ick factor there.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Oh gosh I forgot about Roy/Daisy, it’s so rare

What about ships with characters you personally want that have yet to be confirmed? For me:
:ultcloud:/Elma
:ultlittlemac:/Isaac
:ultroy:/Pyra
Neku/Shantae (Shiki isn’t gonna be happy lmao)
:ultbayonetta:/Twintelle

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Got some fanart to share too:

1536756464345.jpeg

1536756617604.jpeg

And now for a shameless meme I made myself:

1536756645211.png

(Why is Falcon/Lucy content so rare ;-; )

PF9

Smash Lord
Kirby X Jigglypuff would gain a lot of supporters if the two teamed up in a potential story mode in Ultimate. My concept is that Kirby disturbs a Nidoking and Nidoqueen pair, who get real angry with him and look to pummel him. Kirby shows a lot of fear, but then Jigglypuff comes in and assists Kirby in this dual boss battle.

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
Anybody gonna ship Isabelle x Duck Hunt Dog now?

Maybe it's one sided - DHD pines after Isabelle but she has her eyes set on someone else?

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
Well, not romantic shipping per se, but when I saw Isabelle's reveal, I immediately imagined her trying to talk to and befriend :ultbowser::ultbowserjr::ultdiddy::ultdk::ultduckhunt::ultfalco::ultfox::ultgreninja::ultinkling::ultjigglypuff::ultkingdedede::ultkrool::ultlucario::ultmewtwo::ultpichu::ultpikachu::ultridley::ultsonic::ultwolf:and:ultyoshi:, telling them about her village, imploring them to visit, telling them her village offers great coffee, stylish clothes, handing out promotional brochure's to all of them, etc.

I also imagined her practice sparing with :ultridley:, and having him begrudgingly admit she has fighting spirit and resolve, and maybe she'll just survive the many battles ahead yet.

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
Isabelle x Yoshi because she throws fruit at him?

Also Isabelle x DHD where she tries to civilize DHD into not a rude little troll and he subscribes to the Student/Teacher relationship?

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Yeah, I dunno why but I kinda like the thought of Wolf and Isabelle.

It's such an unlikely duo, but like, you could totally see her being like an aggretsuko and trying to be fiesty for him and looking so adorable and he, in turn, can slowly progress intk a better person due to her kind and pacifist nature

Top Bottom