• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Orleans: The Dirty South Tournament June 2, 07

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Boo! j/k

I'll bring a capture card and VCR and get some matches down. >_> It'd be cool if Cyphus did the same so we can get more matches up.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Lol, no you don't.

The first time you get recorded is pretty depressing . . . Especially if it's against someone who's your equal, and if you think you can beat everyone else.

SilentSheik

Smash Cadet
i have pinnacle studio and a captuer device. all I need is an extra y axis (or whatever it's called) then io can record. and i should be getting one soon.

also, if you're going to bring a cube, smash, TV, etc. then I might need to there at 11:00

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Yeah, Cyphus and I have pinnacle (I think, but it's easier to use WMM >_>) and a dazzle capture card also.

catobates

Smash Cadet
Oh... interesting... thing here is, I know I'm gonna lose, and bad.

EDIT: Oh yea, and I already got recorded... it was depressing.

spyder0318

Smash Cadet
is there anyone n shreveport that would wanna practice. and how much 4 team entries

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
So when are these events happening? I'd be interested in doing both Smash and the Halo 2 FFA (I assume it is MLG rules).

Also, we need a MS vs. LA crew battle.

I'll be the MS crew.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
bring all ya'll best MS players. LA will gladly accept a crew challenge =)
(unless its just u, and u wanna fight Lee for the title of LA vs. MS, lol)

but yea..those are actually some great cash prizes...but it does seem rather "too good to be true" <__<. Of course i won't complain w/ the way it is now, but i promise noone would complain if it was 100/50/25 instead, so i'm just saying...don't get in over ur head, lol. Half of us here have had a tiny bit exp help running tournies as well, and i'm more than aware of the problems it can bring.

between me and lee, we'll vouche to bring 1 GC, 1 smash, and 1 TV for now.

TehPh1r3PwnzJ00

Smash Apprentice
if theres 3 ppl crew games or w/e we shuold totally do regional crews because jon cyphus and lee is just not fun for any other crew to play against. although me ricky and kyle would give u a run for your money.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
Today, I'm going to a meeting where we'll discuss the whole event. There may or may not be changes. Most likely not.

EDIT: *sigh* they kinda forced me to lower the prize. Also, how many of you guys can bring a Halo 2?

Lee Martin

Smash Ace
you should definetely make it.(for Melee)
1st-100$
2nd-35$
3rd-15$

50 and 75 are just way too close. thats like the person in second getting first. there should be a difference.;D

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
u'll change ur mind lee, when i steal 1st from u this time ;)
'sides if 3rd place only get 15...he payed 10 to get in, and prolly 15 bucks for gas..he's still losing :(
lets leave it how it is. The top 3 are all winners, anyway, right? At least give them something better than their gas money and entrance fee back.

75/50/25, is cool..but if there does happen to be any "extra" money, it should deffinately go to first ^_^

RAM

Smash Lord
How many ppl are coming to this, and what is the pot size looking like gentlemen? FL might attend if we can have housing the day before and we'll just drive home after the tourney.

Mamush

Smash Cadet
Mokay Im still debating on going at the moment. I still need to plan everything out ahead, but if I can make it. I will be able to bring atleast two cubes including smash, one tv maybe two, and atleast 3 out of 8 people perhaps more. Just a thought though... um could you edit the first post and include a list of all of those who are either definately going or maybe. You can list me as a maybe for now, but yeah I think that will give everyone a good idea on how many people plan on going. Aswell as if alot do show it would be nice if the prize money were a little higher if not for first place then for the others.

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
I am a maybe as well. Our crew is slightly limited like mamush said (over-protective parents =D) but yea, I will be graduating around the 18th, and this could be my "senior trip" if you will. But you can definatly count me in if alot of people come.

So depending on the total amount of people, you will probably see 3-4 of us being there.

To those iffy about driving hours....

Pft, we are driving from Grant Parish, you fellas from Laffy better show your hides, we'll be on the road for AT LEAST 4 hours.

Sadly, I can't bring much. I can bring my controller >.> but as far as smash goes, it is not my copy, and I don't feel like listening to griping (course I can always swipe it, but it is scratched to high hell) My TV is too large as well, but if Mamush is bringing two cubes and two TV's already, that is great.

I also read that someone is going to be bringing a camera? Dude, I hope you do. I need some vids of me that I don't suck on =D

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
For me, Audi and I are definitely going. The other two, not so much.

Oh and Matt'll be going to this also.

SilentSheik

Smash Cadet
ok, so now I'm not planning this alone anymore. So there will be changes in the prize (Note: I do not agree with these changes) As of now I have no idea what will happen.

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
I have said before, the new changes in prizes will not affect me going...

I got the ok from the rents, and me, Mamush, and Zaku will carpool up there.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
>_>

You can remain ignorant while your friends and us lie and make a separate pot.

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
I dunno... my friends are sort of iffy on coming now.

I want to, but I am going nowhere if they don't want to.

Lets just say my car will not be going up there, it is just way too crappy to even make an 1:30 trip. That is why I am having to carpool with my friends.

Meaning? Driver dosen't want to go, I am not coming.

We will be there for the June 1st tourney.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
I'm going to another meeting on Sunday. Maybe since my dad's going to donate $75 to the prize I can get them to change the prize back.

If you're interested, basically if you guys don't come we won't have enough resources (GC's, Smash copies, tv's) to hold a large tournament. I had the prize the way it was to ensure that you all would come . I know oyu guys won't waste time traveling from wherever to go to a tourney with a low prize. If I can somehow drill that into their heads they'll let me change it back.

Top Bottom