• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Orleans: The Dirty South Tournament June 2, 07

SilentSheik

Smash Cadet
I will be hosting a SSBM/Halo 2 tournament on Saturday, June 2, 2007 in New Orleans. The location 7300 Crowder Blvd. at St. Maria Goretti. It'll begin at Noon. Doors open at 11:00 for friendlies, practice, etc.

There will be two pots. One for each game.
Admission is $10 per person for Singles
Rules
-----------

Singles: Best 2/3 matches. 4 Stock. No Time Limit. Items off.

Banned Stages: Yoshi's Island (Pipes), Fourside, Hyrule Temple, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Mushroom Kingdom 1 and 2, Venom, Yoshi's Island 64, Peach's Castle, Kongo Jungle, Onett, and Great Bay

There is no discrimination between high and low tiers.

1st place gest $75
2nd place gets $50
3rd gets $25

Halo 2 Rules

Open Free For All

1. All players not qualified for the Championship FFA may participate.
2. Up to 128 players, determined by 2006 Pro Circuit FFA Rank Points will be seeded and given host over unseeded players. Ties will be broken randomly. In games with more than 1 seeded player, the highest seeded player will host.
3. Unseeded players will be distributed randomly throughout the bracket.
4. A player can give up their hosting privileges for a game as long as there are other seeded players in the game. In this case, the next highest seeded player would be given host.
5. Players may use a full screen starting with Round 4.
6. Rounds 1-7 will have 8 players with those finishing 1st-4th advancing. Players who finish 1st-4th in Winners Round 7 will earn a spot in the Championship FFA.
7. Losers Round 7 will contain all players that finish 5th-8th in Round 6. Losers Round 8 will contain all players that finish 5th-8th in Winners Round 7 as well as 1st-4th in Losers Round 7. Players who finish 1st-4th in Losers Round 8 will earn a spot in the Championship FFA.
8. Tiebreakers in order: Points, Kills, Deaths, Assists, Shots Hit, Hit %, Player v Player.

Championship Free For All

1. Players will compete in four 8-player Round Robin games.
2. Lineups for each game will be generated based on 2007 Pro Circuit FFA Rank Points.
3. The top 8 players as determined by Total Points will advance to the Championship Game. Ties will be broken using Kills, Deaths, and Assists, if necessary.
4. Players will be seeded using the following criteria in this order: 2007 Pro Circuit FFA Rank Points, 2006 Pro Circuit FFA Rank Points, and Open FFA Seeding Points. Ties will be broken using performance at the most recent competition(s), the next available criterion, or randomly, if necessary.
5. The top 16 players will all host 1 Round Robin Game.
6. The player with the highest Total Points over the course of 4 Round Robin Games will host the Championship Game.
7. A player can give up their hosting privileges for a game. In this case, the highest seeded player from 17-32 who has not yet hosted will be given host.

Halo 2 winners get
1st place: 30% of Halo 2 Pot
2nd place: 20% of Halo 2 Pot
3rd place: 10% of Halo 2 Pot

At the end of the tournament there'll be time for moneymatches, friendlies, etc.

These are some people who will be attending:
MuraRengan and 2 friends
Cyphus
Sars_Pirate and (maybe) 3 friends
Ragnarok (maybe)
TehPh1r3PwnzJ00
eet
Nicktyne(maybe)
catobates
Lee
spyder0318 and cousin
Shai Hulud
Mamush and 3-8 friends (maybe)
Setsuma (maybe)
sHy)(gUy (maybe)
RAM (maybe)

My e-mail address is zeldaemblem11@aol.com

If you plan to attend you must let me know.

Please tell me if I left out anything.

SilentSheik

Smash Cadet
yeah I know the prize is pretty much crap. but it's a fund rasier and that's all I've been allowed to put out T_T

I hoped that leaving time for moneymatches would make up for it.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
the ph1r3 means "prizes" ;)

but yea...what kinna building is this place being held in? do u have a few TVs available or would u want people to bring more? how long is it available to be used for smash?

and what is the fund raising going to?...seems like u woulda mentioned that :O

SilentSheik

Smash Cadet
It's an old center for the church I go to. Luckily it's being rebuilt (floors, walls, etc.) so it won't look like a piece of crap anymore (****ing Katrina).

We will probably need more Tv's depending on if a lot of scrubs from the city show but we're renting some Tv's so we should be alright. Although renthing the Tv's was part of the predicted expenses of this tournament. If people brought Tv's i could probably offer a higher prize.

Since the place is pretty big both tournaments will probably be going on at the same time so we'll have Tv's on for both.

The fund raiser is for a college tour to Florida. We've been trying to raise money for it in many ways so I decided to have a Smash/Halo 2 tournament.

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
Will the Smash and Halo tourneys run at different times? Because I might want to do both.

ragnarock

Smash Lord
I can get me and my crew to come if there will be any housing , but if it not that far away, (hour wise) , me and my crew might come. We live in Mobile so it's shouldn't be that far.so most likely we will come.

Cyphus: you might don't remember me, but I remember you. My FOX is going do have a good conversation with your DOC, and this time the outcome might be different. I was in your pool at INN V, the 2nd pool. If you do come I'm looking foward to playing you again.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Wow, i just realized this tourney was in May and not in April. That's planning ahead. >_> With this much notice, i don't see why LA can't make plans to get there.

TehPh1r3PwnzJ00

Smash Apprentice
i know i can bring a t.v. of good size, and kyle can bring a tv thats high concentration so thats 2 already. everyone post what you can bring guys. we each have a cube too.

and you totally have to ban mushroom kingdom 2 also.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
ragnarok: yea, that'd be cool for us to play again...sadly i have amnesia though and don't remember much of our matches <_< I think u were the black guy in my 2nd pool, yes? lol

but yea, mm..yea...there still is plenty time to prepare for this tournament...i think if u made the pot a lil bigger though, u'll attract more smashers, and inevitably generate more money for this "charity" ^_^

i'm really thinking 60% the pot... at least. I mean, i'm not even sure most would wanna enter for even that cuz 10 bux is alot for a n00b to lose, and 60% is very little for 3 expected high-placers to wanna go (like me and half a dozen other good smashers).
Don't get me wrong, the more smashers go, the more smashers are interested in going to just have a good time...but i don't think u can attract the pot-beefers w/out more gamble for their buck.
But i don't mean to start a riot ^_^ This is your tournament afterall, but i've hosted a tournament myself and made some pretty poor decision myself that held back the experience from being the best it could have been, so i'm just in it for the smash community to have a real good tourney.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Well, an easy way to jack up the pot is to make sure all the kids at the church participate . . .

<_<

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
So did people at Jesuit until Tony and I wiped out the competition. And if they know we're going to be there, chances are they won't go . . .

[edit]

Also, dude, do you know how many outlets there will be? It'd be kinda weird showing up with a lot of TVs but then realizing that the outlets are too far away or if we don't have power adapters or whatever to hook them up to.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
There should be enough outlets, tables, chairs

but for TV's how many is like a normal amount? cuz I know that I can bring at least 2

also does anyone know the Halo 2 MLG rules?

SilentSheik

Smash Cadet
also Cyphus, since i'm getting a lot of support I should be able to raise the pot. but then again I had no idea what i was doing since it was my first time. but after i discuss it with the church ppl I'll have the pot situation straight

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Meh, since it's an actual tourney I'll be sure to bring extra cash for MMs, so ah yeah. >_> Think of that as extra revenue.

And I'll try to get both Tony and Ryan to come to this, so that's us 3 guaranteed.

So, ah, I know Taylor and Kyle are committed (and I'm guessing that guarantees maybe Eric, Tim, Shyguy(?), and Setsuma(?)). And Matt will probably go, Avery and Austin is unknown though it's closer to the ****, New Orleans crew might go, and then there's Cyphus and Lee which depends more on the pot.

I'm going to guess Lafayette won't show up just because of the 3 hour drive or whatever it is . . .

So you count all of those smashers, add in Mura's friends, and you'll get maybe 20 or more going? Really just depends on how many from BR shows up and whether New Orleans will show . . . But if they do, this'll probably be the biggest tourney we've had in a while.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
Good news and bad news.

Bad news: I had to move the date back to June 2 because about 7 of the church people have exams and they won't be able to attend on May 20.

Good News: We will be serving food and drinks (no alcohol). Hamburgers, hot dogs, nachos etc. Also I've raised the prizes

Attendance count:

I know 3 people that will be attending

plus Sars_Pirate's 3

posssibly TehPh1r3PwnzJ00 , Sali Hulud, ragnarok

and Nicktyne

so that makes 12 for smash. Once i start putting up fliers at schools and churches there'll be more people

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
The A-kon convention in Dallas is that weekend...I *might* be going to that, but probably not. And if not I'm definitely going to this tourney.

SilentSheik

Smash Cadet
to ensure that ppl will be satisfied with the resluts I've changed the prize to a simple

1st: 100$
2nd: 75$
3rd:50$

just in case the tournament doesn't turn out as big as I expect

check the first post. edits have been made.

catobates

Smash Cadet
I'll probably be there... the tourney is on June 2? Cause I'll definitely be there if it is :)

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Yeah, let's make an effort for all of LA to be at a tourney. Especially since New Orleans is at most an hour drive away from everyone (except for like Lafayette >_>)

catobates

Smash Cadet
Hell's yea dude... this'll be my first tourney... I'm definitely gonna get practiced up for this one, and I've got the two best smashers in LA to do it with :D Gonna be off the chain! I'ma be ready for this bad boy. I've got a GC if it needs used, but we've only got one (small) TV at my house, sooo... y'all are SOL if you needed me for a TV. :p

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
>_>

Well, now that Houma picked up another guy, don't y'all have 4 people? So Crew battles??

catobates

Smash Cadet
I live in Lockport, and technically I'm not part of their crew yet... at least, not til' I prove myself in battle, but, maybe one day they will accept me into their crew, once I've proven myself, until that time, "NO CREW BATTLE FUH YOU!" :p

Lee Martin

Smash Ace
that would be cool hopefully we can play before this tourney though so that if me you cyphus and jtown go we can all do crews or something. or it doesnt really matter all i know is that you live right next to my friend jtown cato which is like 5 minutes from you. so ill definetely give you a call sometime.

and yeah i do think all of LA should be there that really would be awesome and new orleans would be the perfect place to do so.

catobates

Smash Cadet
Yep, I gotta admit, I wasn't expecting such a warm welcome from the Smash Community... but then, I think to myself, how would I treat a new member to the Smash Community...

*dreamy sigh* Yep... I'd treat them like fresh meat...

catobates

Smash Cadet
Yep, I gotta admit, I wasn't expecting such a warm welcome from the Smash Community... but then, I think to myself, how would I treat a new member to the Smash Community...

*dreamy sigh* Yep... I'd treat them like fresh meat...

catobates

Smash Cadet
I can bring both. Anyways, sorry for the double post... of the same thing... don't know how that happened.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Can bring a cube and smash. I also may be able to bring a pretty banged up TV if it can fit in a car . . .

Top Bottom