• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash or Die 6: Brawl Tourney (April 27 1:00 pm)

Eugenio

Smash Lord
Smash or Die 6: SSBB Tournament
Smash Free or Die Hard
April 27, 2008

Doors open/signups begin at 12:00
Doubles start at 1:00

6981 Main St.
Lithonia, GA
770-482-1411

www.gamersxperience.com

use mapquest if you have to

GAMERS XPERIENCE
Directions
Our Address: 6981 Main St.
Lithonia, GA 30058

We can be easily found using MapQuest.

From Conyers

1. Take I-20 west to Evans Mill Rd. exit #74
2. Make a right at the light
3. Go through the second light (covington hwy.)
4. We are 1/2 mile on your right (before railroad tracks)

From Atlanta

1. Take I-20 east to Evans Mill Rd. exit #74
2. Make a left at the second light (Evans Mill Rd.)
3. Cross under overpass.
4. Go through the second light (covington hwy.)
5. We are 1/2 mile on your right (before railroad tracks)

From Stonecrest Mall

1. Turn left onto Turner Hill Rd.
2. Turn left onto Covington Hwy (first light after I-20 overpass)
3. Turn right at second light
4. We are 1/2 mile on your right (before railroad tracks)

Fee
Door Fee $5
1v1 Entree Fee $15
2v2 Entree Fee $20($10 each)

Tournament begins @1:00 pm

Prize$
1v1 Winners
1st - 60%
2nd - 25%
3rd - 15%

2v2 Winners
1st - 60%
2nd - 25%
3rd - 15%

-5% will be taken from each pot before it is broken down into winnings

Random select stages
Final Destination
Battlefield
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise
Smashville
Pokemon Stadium 1

Counter Pick Stages
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Mario Circuit
Corneria
RaninbowCruise
Brinstar
Luigi's Mansion
Frigate Orpheon
Pirate Ship
Jungle Japes
Halberd
Norfair

Stages banned for Singles & Doubles

Mushroomy Kingdom
Bridge of Eldin
Rumble Falls
Wario Ware
Distant Planet
New Pork City
Hanenbow
Temple
Yoshi's Island (Pipes)
Onett
Spear Pillar
Skyworld
Mario Bros.
Flat Zone 2
The Summit
Big Blue
Green Greens
Port Town Aero Dive
Shadow Moses Island

rules

3 stock

no pausing

no wireless controllers

no mods on controllers

7 minute time limit

- The higher seed has first choice for their seat(s) and controller port(s). The higher seeded team has first choice for their team color. Teams must sit together on one side or the other. If players/teams meet for a 2nd time in a specific bracket, the winner of the 1st series will have seat and controller choice.

- After characters have been selected for the first game, each player/team may choose one stage from the available tournament list that won’t be used during the series. The lower seeded player must make their banned stage choice first. Once the first game has started, stages can’t be banned.

- After each game of a series, the player who lost the previous game may choose the stage for the next game or elect for it to be chosen randomly. After the stage has been selected, the winner of the previous game may change characters. After the winner has chosen their character, the loser of the previous game may change characters.

- For the first game of a series, a player may call for a double-blind pick. This means that all participating players must tell a judge the character they will use for that game. Each player is required to use that character in the game.

- During Championship Bracket competitions, players may ask for a double-blind pick during games four and five of a series. Players must call for the pick after the loser of the previous game has chosen the next game’s stage.

- If players/teams meet for a 2nd time either Championship Bracket, their series will expand to a best of 11, include the previous series, and pick up where that series left off. For example, if Player A beat Player B 3 games to 0 in the Winners Bracket, the Best of 11 will resume with Game 4 and Player leading 3 games to 0. The loser of the 1st series will choose the stage for the 1st game of the 2nd series and players may call for a double-blind pick before any game throughout the best of 11.

- If the players/teams meeting in the Finals have not yet faced each other in a series and the team coming from the Losers Bracket wins the first series, another series must be played to break the tie since both players/teams would only have one series loss.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
This is a sunday the weekend before some finals start....

I shall see of course. :)

Yes Laijin.... yes.

EDIT: LOL at Renegade's Avi! :p

and dude... same time post o.O

we'll exchange monies since my birthday is on the 20th :D (4/20 hehe... I had to be the first to bring that up lol)

GA Peach

Smash Lord
GX is mad greedy, as usual, but i will try to make this. on a side note, i saw the Roy GIF up top and started to get tears in my eyes. ****, i miss him... :(

Eugenio

Smash Lord
Check rules, edited pot percentages, stop whining. It wasn't GX being greedy, so please don't blame the center for the hosts' insensibility towards the community. To be honest, the rules we just about copied and pasted from the previous tournament, and the minimal editing that was required was applied to the tournament post, and seeing as the percentages weren't expressed as a problem before, we left it as it was. Once again, thanks for your input, sorry for the misunderstanding, and if anyone notices anything else "out of place", please let us know.

Marty-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZR-Ke_te9Q

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
ill be here but skyworld sucks..get that off ur list
I thoroughly disagree. I think Skyworld should be legal.

While I'm expressing my opinion here, there is NO WAY that Norfair should be legal.
A stage hazard that sweeps the entire screen unless you're on this one platform?
Doesn't sound like a fair counterpick to me...

xio

Smash Cadet
I think classic controllers shouldn't be banned... since i'm the only one using it...

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
blockable, dodgeable, playable.
I can't argue with that statement, but merely being able to block or dodge a stage hazard does not make a stage fair, OR tournament-worthy.

I cite these examples:
Green Greens
Distant Planet
Hanenbow

There is not a whole lot about those stages that makes them banned besides the fact that people don't like them.
Its Eugene's tourney, he can do what he pleases with the stage list.

But I will certainly protest leaving Norfair as a counterpick.

Laijin

Smash Hero
Thats ********. Why is Bridge of Eldin banned? That stage is pretty fair. Distant Planet is also pretty fair. People just like *****ing about the waterfall. Skyworld is also really fair as well. It has lots of ceilings to tech off of, but its not as campy as New Pork or Hyrule. Completely fair stage. Should be a counter pick.

Port Town and Shadow Moses should be counter picks.

GA Peach

Smash Lord
...shadow moses makes it so some characters can't KO properly. People are scared of having horrid reaction times and not being able to a) escape Dedede's CG or b)getting shot a lot by Flaco (laser carry off). That is why Bridge of Eldin is banned, I'm pretty sure. Distant Planet isn't bad at all, though. Only complaints I have with Skyworld is that you can bone recoveries by DESTROYING the terrain, which is dumb, and with larger characters, moving around is a nightmare. The latter of those two is no reason to ban the stage, though. I haven't really played Port Town, though.

P.S. Eugene : B O O S I E B A D A Z Z that's me!

PB&J

Smash Hero
on brinstar u can;t block lava borfair u can which equals playable and skyworld suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkksssssssssss
=points to mike

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
on brinstar u can;t block lava borfair u can which equals playable and skyworld suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkksssssssssss
=points to mike
I'm just saying, that the only reason that Norfair OR Skyworld would be considered "banned" is because people don't like those stages.

You say Norfair is playable, despite the fact that waves of lava come and go all over the stage.

But say that Skyworld sucks, (and I assume you mean because of this:) because the stage can be destroyed and its easy to stage spike someone or tech-chase them to death in the middle part.

You don't have to agree with me about stages- but at least agree with me that we're arguing based on opinion here, not fact.

=)

xilez

Smash Apprentice
bump... APRIL is Huge for GA TOURNIES.

Waba on the 19th.
SoD on the 27th
GPC on May 3rd...*hopefully*

Eugenio

Smash Lord
btw we're gonna need you guys to bring some Wiis please. Unless you don't want this tournament to end. Since it's brawl it's gonna take 4ever unless we have at least 12 systems going at the same time. Don't worry about TV sets though GX has a lot of those.

Lil Kong

Smash Journeyman
Your dipping in the pot, charging a door fee and you want US to bring Wii's?!.... skip.

Gerbil. Alpha. Have fun. Oh and i heard you guys did good at waba. good luck on this one too.

Prac352

Smash Lord
Your dipping in the pot, charging a door fee and you want US to bring Wii's?!.... skip.

Gerbil. Alpha. Have fun. Oh and i heard you guys did good at waba. good luck on this one too.
Funny how you and yours talk all kinds of crap about how awesome you are and then don't show to tournies.

Cool, less people. Maybe this tournament will end on time... nah.
Seconded

Lil Kong

Smash Journeyman
Funny how you and yours talk all kinds of crap about how awesome you are and then don't show to tournies.

Seconded
Keith. Dude you really need to stop. Name one time i said how awesome I was. You been talking trash to me for no reason. You must have forgot I know what you look like and spent the night in your filthy house. Oh I still remember what you said last time too and That was beyond disrespect. Belive next time i see you im going to deal with that. So stop now before you get really embarrassed. And if i remember I didnt see you at final round. Lol! Like im going to lose sleep or be hurt because i missed a tournament. Ha! Get a life dude.

@ Renegade Marth no disrespect to your tournament i hope it goes well.

Top Bottom