• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Nation, the open-source 3D Super Smash Bros. (in-development)

Status
Not open for further replies.

~XP~

Smash Apprentice
I don't quite get it, do you mean you're making a 3D Smash? And if you are, how is this going to work?

SmashMan89

Smash Rookie
I don't quite get it, do you mean you're making a 3D Smash? And if you are, how is this going to work?
Yep, a 3D Smash Bros. game.

The content will be open source so you can add you own characters, stages, items, assist trophies, etc.

I am focused on giving fans freedom.

Cheers!

SmashMan89

Smash Rookie
Oh! Did I mention?

The alpha version is very close to being released. I'm sure you'll get a taste of how great this game will be.

Signia

Smash Lord
Wait are you the guy that thought that it would be a good idea to play brawl from your character's first person perspective? Because that's still a 2D game. Unless you found a way for characters to move into a third axis (other than DDD spot dodge. stupid brawl, lol), it's a 2D game. Don't call it 3D smash bros. The graphics are already done with 3D models, but the game itself is 2D, and changing the perspective doesn't change it into a 3D game. I'm not sure why you think 3D is better than 2D anyway, but then again brawl players don't really care about the game part of the game.

Then again, if this isn't a brawl mod, and you're developing your own game, then disregard the above. I love 3D fighters and I'd like to see a video of the alpha version.

Jaklub

Smash Journeyman
The problem is:
There is absolutely nothing on the forums and your avatar there just screams "it will be bad".
but then again brawl players don't really care about the game part of the game.
Gotta love the Melee fans =)

SmashMan89

Smash Rookie
What do you mean by 3D? And what is your experience in game-development?

-4nace
I mean 3D characters & such, with 2D movement. You know, like super smash bros. I have a development team helping me out.

I promise you guys won't be disappointed.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Doesn't that make the title a bit misleading then? I mean, you're advertising 3D SSB when it really isn't any more 3D than Brawl already is.

Signia

Smash Lord
the only way I can imagine this is like an extremely hyperactive version of Soul Calibur.
that would be amazing! but I'm not getting my hopes up.

I mean 3D characters & such, with 2D movement. You know, like super smash bros.
Isn't this... you know, like super smash bros? How is this any different from the other smash games, which are btw NOT considered 3D fighters lol?

You... do realize smash has had "3D characters" since smash 64, right?

I'm sorry, I really don't get it. I'll have to wait for a video or for you to write more than a couple sentences explaining your idea.

Oshtoby

Smash Apprentice
Burholme, Philadelphia, PA, USA, North America, Ea
I mean 3D characters & such, with 2D movement. You know, like super smash bros. I have a development team helping me out.

I promise you guys won't be disappointed.
Release a picture of what you have now. Otherwise, no one will believe you, and this will just turn to a giant expletive-storm of a thread. Also, what language are you making it in? Also, do you have any plans to use Brawl's native file types, such as .MDL0 and .PAC. It would be neat if you could have the option of using a native brawl character (.MDL0 and .PAC) or use an import character (.DAE and .CFG, or something like that).

But that's just day dreaming. I won't believe you until I see some sort of proof.

that would be amazing! but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Isn't this... you know, like super smash bros? How is this any different from the other smash games, which are btw NOT considered 3D fighters lol?

You... do realize smash has had "3D characters" since smash 64, right?

I'm sorry, I really don't get it. I'll have to wait for a video or for you to write more than a couple sentences explaining your idea.
What is not to get? Smash Brothers for the PC that's completely open source and completely moddable, like MUGEN. There would be no need for a clone engine in this game, as anyone would be able to make a character and just import it.

SmashMan89

Smash Rookie
Please give me time.

It is like smash bros. except it is open source. the reason I said 3d is because other clones have 2d characters. There will be a slightly-closed version as well. That version will have no source code and a whole lot less bugs. It will also have way more features.

4nace

Smash Ace
What are you developing this in? What is your experience with 3D modeling/rigging/animation? Do you have any images you can show us?

-4nace

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Remake this thread when you have screenshots/videos, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom