• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Mods RiiFS server is now online!

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Thanks to Aaron` from RVLution (some may know him as AerialX), he has generously provided a RiiFS server for playing Brawl+ Gold, Brawl- 1.5 or Balanced Brawl 2 without downloading it! If you just wanted to try one of the three without downloading the huge pack, then try this! The server will update with new releases, new options and new DLC in the future as well.

To start, make sure you have the latest Riivolution. If not, download it and extract it to the root of your SD card/USB drive.

Next, make a "riivolution" folder (without quotes) on the root of your SD card/USB drive. Inside the folder, put smashmods.xml (Right Click -> Save Link As...) into the "riivolution" folder.

Load up Riivolution, choose which game you want to play, and hit "Launch". Enjoy!

NOTE: Load times vary on how fast your internet connection is.

Hozu

Smash Journeyman
Does this XML allow for custom music off the SD card? Or only flies from online?

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Good question; my assumption is that Riiv will be occupied receiving online resources, but I really can't say for sure.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
hozu, if you have another XML in your riivolution folder with file patch on it, and it only loads music, you will be able to with no problem.

Hozu

Smash Journeyman
Alright then. I guess this XML would be used for tourneys or something. Although, I think certain files would be better loaded off of the SD card (transforming characters since B+ loads those textures from SD to decrease loading time, or that's what I last heard).

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Both RiiFS and SD/USB loading can work together, you just need a proper XML for that.

And no, other than downloading Riivolution and the smashmods.xml, it will not download anything to your SD card.

gr8

now give me ftp
I'm doing that later :mad:

LightSpineSonic

Smash Rookie
I did all this, it goes to the brawl loading screen(with the brawl icon spinning around), but after that it just goes on a black screen, anyone know how to fix this? reply asap, or pm me :3

Mario Zelda Fan

Smash Apprentice
Ok, I got the 'smashmods.XML', placed it in my 'riivolution' folder, and renamed it to "RSB"...now what? I don't know what to do after that. How can I start streaming hacks? Is there more to just downloading the XML that I need to do? I found a RiiFS C++ server download thing -- do I have to use that?

Please someone help a newb out with getting this set up.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Do you have a WiFi connection? Is your Wii set up to connect? Do you have the newest version of Riivolution?

If so, just launch Riivolution.

Mario Zelda Fan

Smash Apprentice
Do you have a WiFi connection? Is your Wii set up to connect? Do you have the newest version of Riivolution?

If so, just launch Riivolution.
I have a Wi-Fi connection.

My Wii is set up to connect, yes.

Yes I have the newest Riivo (v1.04)

I have launched Riivo, but how do I do all the stuff? Don't I have to open a command prompt and run my RiiFS server? Because someone on AiB told me to do that but I can't for some reason -- it won't let me run my RiiFS server through the command prompt.

Mario Zelda Fan

Smash Apprentice
Well I think I have it working now because when I have my RiiFS exe up and running it connects as soon as I enter Riivolution, then there is aaaaaaall of this "return" stuff that is constantly being entered five times per second in the prompt. Also, other indications it's working is it disconnects when I turned off my Wii, and when I went to the title screen I saw RiiFS enter "sc_title.pac" in one of the lines.

So, I think I got the .exe part working now, but how do I stream hacks now? I have all my brawlmods files and folders in the same folder as riifs.exe, I edited my common5.pac to change a CSP while playing Brawl-, but it didn't change in game -- why?

Top Bottom