• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

smAsh I : Restitution

Nova2X

Smash Cadet
smAsh I: Restitution October 20th

The first step of many in amplifying the smash scene in Arkansas. Its going to be too HYPE!!! There will be Brawl, Melee, and Project M there. Got something else you want to play???? Send me a message or text me at 8703301496 and I'll see what I can do. A more accurate address will be posted at a later date. So let's get smash in the A bigger and become more of a community over this tourney. Full setups will get your venue fee completely waived, monitors and tv's would be the main thing we need. I'll be posting the link to the SWF page shortly. SO EVERY ARKANSAN IN THE WORLD DROP WHAT YOUR DOING, GOTTA JOB... QUIT, GOTTA BABY... THROW IT AWAY, GOTTA GIRL... BRING HER TOO (learn to share man dam) AND MAKE IT TO LITTLE ROCK ON THE 20TH OF OCTOBER, FOR THE RESTITUTION OF ARKANSAS SMASH!!!!

The tourney is going to be held IN Little Rock, specific address is 13501 Beckenham Drive, Little Rock Arkansas
We need as many setups as possible, definately monitors, and project M setups, all setups will get your venue fee waived.
No entrance after 12:00 come from 11-12 after 12 and you will be denied

Fees: Layout will be the same for all games and side events
Singles: 5$ Entry
Doubles: 10$ Entry 5$ per person
Venue Fee: 10$,
Every item brought gets you money off of Venue Fee! Items we need are:
TVs ($4 off)
Wiis/Cubes(2$)
Copies of every game being played(2$)
Power Strips(2$)

Layout
11 a.m. - 1 p.m. Friendlies MM's and Registration
1 p.m. - ??? Project M Doubles
2 p.m - ??? Brawl Doubles
3 p.m - ??? Melee Doubles
Once all doubles matches have been played singles pool matches will begin for all events (conflicting matches in different tournaments will be delayed, as long as all games get played it will be fine)
Top 2 in each pool will advance on to the winners tournament and play for the cash prize and bottom 4 will continue into the Novice tournament that will take place after the winners, if they choose.

Payout will be as follows for all tournaments (Except Novice):

1st 60%
2nd 30%
3rd 10%

You can register here or on the facebook page here
https://www.facebook.com/events/486539761365468/?fref=ts

Rules:
Melee:
Items are set to off
- Stock - 4
- Timer - 8 minutes
- All sets are best of 3 (except all finals, which are best of 5)
- Stage Striking (1-2-2-1 fashion) will be done for match 1
- After the victor of a match is determined, the winner will announce 1 stage to ban (if they have not already done so) for the rest of the set. The loser will then select the stage for the next match. Then the winner of the previous match will choose their character, and then the loser will select theirs. This process will be continued until the winner of the set is determined.
- If there is a dispute over ports, then play rock-paper-scissors for it
- In the event of a timeout, sudden death is to be ignored. The winner will be decided first by stock, and then percentage. If both players have the same stock and percent, then the match must be replayed.
- Modified Dave's Stupid Rule: No player can counter pick a stage he or she has previously won on unless agreed upon by both players
- Gentleman's Rule: Any stage may be played on so long as both players agree to it, including banned stages
- Stalling (such as Peach bomber under a stage, Ice Climbers' freeze glitch, etc.) is banned
- Wobbling is NOT banned
- For doubles, life stealing is allowed and Team Attack is set to ON

Stage Selection: Singles

Neutral Stages

- Final Destination
- Dreamland 64
- Battlefield
- Yoshi Story
- Fountain of Dreams

Counterpick Stages

- All neutral stages
- Pokemon Stadium
- Brinstar
- Rainbow Cruise
- Kongo Jungle 64

Stage Selection: Doubles

Neutral Stages

- Final Destination
- Dreamland 64
- Battlefield
- Yoshi Story
- Pokemon Stadium

Counterpick Stages

- All neutral stages
- Brinstar
- Rainbow Cruise
- Kongo Jungle
- Jungle Japes

Brawl:
3 stocks
10 minute timer
Team attack on
Items set to off and none
Pause off
If pause is NOT turned off and the match is paused without consent of both players in the middle of the tournament match, whoever paused will immediately lose that round.
MK's not banned guys
Dave's Stupid Rule (DSR): You may not pick a stage that you have previously won on unless agreed to by your opponent.
Player Priority is determined if it can not be agreed on.
Each Team selects one controller port to use for each Player.
Each Team selects one character for each Player. A double blind pick may be called by any player.
The first game is played on a Stage selected from the Starter Stage List either by mutual consent or through the Stage Striking Method. The order of stage striking will be 2-3-1 (Team 1 strikes two stages, followed by Team 2 striking three stages, with Team 1 then striking one of the two remaining stages).
The first match is played.
The team that lost the previous match may opt to re-pick controller ports (with themselves picking first).
The Team that won the previous match may announce one "Stage Ban" if they have not already done so in this set.
The Team that lost the previous match announces the stage for the next match from either the Starter or the Counterpick Stage List. Any Stage named as a "Stage Ban" by the either Team may not be selected. No Stage may be used by a Team that has already won on that Stage in this set.
The Team that won the previous match chooses one character for each Player.
The Team that lost the previous match chooses one character for each Player.
The next match is played.
Repeat steps 6-11 for all proceeding matches.
Stage List
Starters
Battlefield
Final Destination
Lylat Cruise
Smashville
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Counterpicks
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Pokemon Stadium 1

Pokemon Stadium 2 is banned

Conduct Rules
BYOC (Bring your own controller): Players are expected to bring their own controller and be prepared for every tournament set.
Intentional forfeiting, match fixing, splitting, and any other forms of bracket manipulation are not allowed and punishable by the TO.
The tournament organizer has the right to save/record any tournament match if possible and has the right to upload said match.
Regarding textures and other game hacks:
Players may request that any texture, stage, or other hacks be disabled during a tournament set. If this is unable to be done, they may switch to a different setup if available.
Players are not allowed to use any game altering hacks, such as no-tripping or model hacks. If someone is caught setting up a system they brought with such hacks enabled can face punishment at the TO's discretion.
Disrupting your opponent physically or intending to disrupt their play (through something such as screaming in a player's ear) will result in a warning. Repeated action will result in disqualification from the tournament and possibly ejection from the venue. Observers who physically disrupt players are to be dealt with as the Tournament Organiser sees fit.

Project M:
4 stock, 8 Minute Time Limit
Sets will be either best-of-3 or best-of-5 as time allows, announced prior to each stage
Items set to "Off" and "None"
Team Attack ON
Buffer OFF
Dr. Peepee isn't allowed to use Melee characters
Ties after the time limit are determined by stocks remaining, then lower (total in teams)
percentage. If the match ends with both players dying at the same time or if time runs out with both players at equal percent, a one-stock, three-minute rematch will be played on the same stage.
If the match goes to Sudden Death due to a suicide move (Ganon's side-B, DDD's swallow,
holding someone in a grab on a platform as it moves out of the boundaries, etc.), the one who initiated the move wins.

Set Procedure
The first game is played on a Stage selected from the Starter Stage List either by mutual consent or through the Stage Striking Method. The pattern of stage striking will be P1-P2-P2-P1-P1-P2.
A player/team that lost the previous match may opt to re-pick controller ports, going first
A team that won the previous match may announce one "Stage Group Ban,” which remains permanent and applies to all stages within the stage group (see below), then the team that lost the previous match selects a counterpick stage from all remaining available stages
The player(s) that won the previous match chooses his/her character, then the player(s) that lost the previous match chooses his/her character
No Stage may be used twice, unless both sides agree
After the 1st match, each player bans a stage group for the remainder of the set (Players may counterpick a stage from the group they banned, and both players may ban the same group). The player who lost the previous match chooses a stage, then the player who won chooses their character, then the player who lost chooses their character.

Starters
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Pokemon Stadium 2
Dreamland (64)
Fountain of Dreams
Yoshi's Story (Melee)

Counterpicking Groups
Group 1:
Final Destination
Smashville
Green Hill Zone
Pictochat

Group 2:
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium 1
Pokemon Stadium 2
Dracula's Castle

Group 3:
Yoshi's Story (Melee)
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Wario Ware
Fountain of Dreams

Group 4:
Dreamland (64)
Skyworld
Rumble Falls
Skyloft

Group 5:
Rainbow Cruise
Halberd
Brinstar
Metal Cavern
Pirate Ship

Project M-Specific Conduct Rules
Custom music is allowed as long as it is not too distracting (per TO’s judgment).
Textures or vertex hacks outside of the official team color textures are not permitted.
If a player uses a known glitch to intentionally crash the game or otherwise make it unfinishable, that player may be forced to forfeit at the TO's discretion.

Nova2X

Smash Cadet
sorry about that I didnt make it cleat that all singles pool matches will be taking place at the same time once doubles has ended

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Dude! I love it! Sadly I can't make it. I'll be hosting my own tourny on the same day too.

YOSHssb

Smash Ace
NNID
aquilarion
I'm definitely going to this! I'm going to try my hardest to see if more Texas will go!
Oh dang! Sync comin'? If you need housing man, let me know. You are more than welcome to crash at my place.

Also, this is like, my first post on SWF in maybe 8 months =b

Nova2X

Smash Cadet
Hey just checking up on the attendance to the tourney, how many people are going to be riding with others up to little rock, and can you guys post up which game, or games your going to be coming up to play

Nova2X

Smash Cadet
Hey guys could I possible get like a head count for each even, like how many people everyone is going to be bringing with them and what events they are going for

Nova2X

Smash Cadet
GHNeko P.M. me what you think should occur with the project M tourney.
Also there might be a stream, I got in touch with someone about bringing stream equipment, he said he may or may not be able to bring some, so there's nothing we can do but hope.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
congrats on the mk-legal. really stepping up your tourney scene in a real good way ARK.

Oracle

Smash Master
Not to be rude, but with your current timing for games it's gonna take a long *** time to finish, especially running all of the games at the same time. You should probably start singles pools for all the games midway through the doubles bracket, as well as start brawl and melee doubles concurrently since there shouldn't be much overlap.

To answer your earlier question, my car will be bringing myself (melee singles, pm singles and doubles) sethlon (pm singles and doubles, maybe melee singles and doubles), wobbles (melee singles and doubles, pm singles and doubles), and waterless fishie (melee singles and doubles).

Nova2X

Smash Cadet
Ok so before I raise the pot entry I'll have to ask around to see if that would make us lose people, because the absolute goal is to have as many Arkansas smashers come as possibe. I might just lower the venue, bet ill have to look into it. I'll post more on this later.

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
thought i would try to get a quick head count for brawl, im counting maybe 5 so far?

Admiral!

Smash Apprentice
I finally got confirmed access to a car, so I can come to this now. Is anyone able to house me and my yet to be determined carpool?

Nova2X

Smash Cadet
theres definately going to be more than 18 haha, a bunch of people just haven't committed on facebook. Do you live in Arkansas or what.

Nova2X

Smash Cadet
Also for all who dont know, fees have changed too Entry is now 10$ and venue is 5$ same rules apply for discount just change 4$ to 2$ and 2$ to 1$ discounts.

The March Hare

Smash Cadet

Venue house thingy. Looks legit. Probably better than the original frat house that was planned.

Top Bottom