• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash getting boring.

L.O.P.L.

Smash Cadet
Is it just me or smash is getting boring? I play to a competitive level, I don't have that much desire to play smash. People I've known that play very well agreed that it does get boring. I find myself with less interest to play smash everyday.

Do you have the same problem? What are your thoughts on this?

Discuss.

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
I only get bored with/stop playing Smash when

A. I get a new game
B. Im playing coms for hours
C.none of my freinds feel like playing smash.

I havent really gotten bored with smash yet. frustrated. but not bored.

Zelda Master

Smash Journeyman
Melee rules! D:

I'd be playing it so much if it didn't break. Man, I miss the game so much!

How can you be bored with it?!

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
hmm, well I usually get bored of smash when I play for way to long or for several days straight. My friends and I call it being "Smashed out"

Garuda

Smash Ace
Guys, shut up. It's not sinful to feel like doing something else after a while.

I'm getting bored of it myself, but I like doing it sometimes if I've had a hard day and need to fight someone without actually physically doing it.

Che_Lab

Smash Lord
Try playing a character you would never touch before, that seems to work with alot of people. Or perhaps play some non tournament acceptable stages.

drewbaby

Smash Rookie
i'd suggest playing new people, recently my friends and i found out some friends of ours played and now we do mini smash-fests with them and it's made the game more interesting. if that doesn't work then i guess play less???

Xerck Xon Skyes

Smash Cadet
Meh, if you play for hours on end against computers, then yes, smash does get boring.

Otherwise, what is wrong with you?

Xerck Xon Skyes

Smash Cadet
Meh, if you play for hours on end against computers, then yes, smash does get boring.

Otherwise, what is wrong with you?

Edit:

Can someone please delete one of posts. My computer is acting up (probably mad at me say that comps are boring).

Razed

Smash Ace
Is it just me or smash is getting boring? I play to a competitive level, I don't have that much desire to play smash. People I've known that play very well agreed that it does get boring. I find myself with less interest to play smash everyday.

Discuss.
Your opinion is wrong ^.^

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
I've never gotten bored of this game. Every time I think I'm getting bored, I'm really not.

If you're getting bored, it's mainly because you suck and / or are not getting better.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Melee boring? o.o
Yeah...that happens to me a lot. Then I play a random character with random CPU's
and it becomes interesting again XD

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
smash is too good, my friends and I get smashed out occasionally after a long tourney, but the next day we're fresh and ready to go.

PNaleek

Smash Journeyman

Discuss.
Smash is still as good as it was the day it came out. You just need better ppl to play with ^_^.

orintemple

Smash Lord
It takes me a long time to get tired of playing but when it does happen you just take a break. Eventually that urge to play with come creeping back and you will have no control over your desires. Of course if you're love for the game isn't that strong that may not happen.

S2

Smash Lord
Bored of Melee?

I don't think that's possible.

Although sometimes I linger at the character select screen because I want to play a character I've ignored. Then it dawns on me that I pretty much know all the ins and outs for everyone on the roster. And there are some I just don't have the desire to bring up to tournament level (lookin at you Roy).

Whether Brawl is better or not, I just want a couple new characters to play as.

Number 1 DK

Smash Apprentice
The only time I get bored of it is when im playing someone who has no chance of beating me....after about 10 times of 3 or 4 stocking them I cant play anymore.

PyroRyuken

Smash Ace
Try playing a character you would never touch before, that seems to work with alot of people. Or perhaps play some non tournament acceptable stages.
That works wonders. I usually get bored if I play the same person over and over again. Otherwise it never gets old.

Top Bottom