• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Clash: The Mobile Multiplayer Platformer Fighting Game

Russell_SSB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MrRussellgro
3DS FC
0662-7159-3567
Switch FC
SW-3345-3263-9133
Oh hey there peoples. Sorry I haven't been on the thread in five eternities. College malarkey and whatnot.

Hiya, @ Russell_SSB Russell_SSB Welcome to the team and nice to meet you! As you can see from my icon, I'm the one that made Ziggurat. I really like the design for Stacy

We totes need voice acting for Smash Clash 2. That would be the bomb diggity. :drflip:
Thank you, @ DemonApple DemonApple for the welcome. I am glad to be part of this family of Smash Clash.

Thanks for the reply for Stacy Reaper. She is still in the making since I got a few more things for her to do. :)

Yangfly Leone

Smash Cadet
Just letting you guys know, that there's another Fangame named SSClash.
Asides from that, great work on the game!

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
Since I haven't got much of a response from our team, I assume everyone is busy. I have a little more free time at the moment. So I will still hold on my 2 surprises until the sequel thread is ready to be released, but I can just blurt out the exclusive item if I feel like it. Just letting ya know, the surprises are locked and loaded with excitement!

Yangfly Leone post: 19089028 said:
Just letting you guys know, that there's another Fangame named SSClash.
Asides from that, great work on the game!
We are aware of that (At least I am) that there had been a few fan games called clash. Thanks for your appreciation and I'm sure our devs are appreciated as well. I'm sure the rest of us will respond eventually.

Russell_SSB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MrRussellgro
3DS FC
0662-7159-3567
Switch FC
SW-3345-3263-9133
Well, summer is here once again. Kind of feel like I need to head back to work again, huh, guys?

joehinkle11

Smash Apprentice
Now with that out of the way, I'm going to be putting the next week towards finally cranking out that SC update. In the meantime, we can start discussing things we want to focus on in Smash Clash 2 :D

I'm thinking
- Game physics
- Online gameplay
- Story mode
- Character development (like backstories)
- Standardized art style
- Support for pretty much everything. Android/iOS/Windows Phone/PC/Mac
- Weekly meeting on G+ hangouts (maybe? just to touch base)

Just ideas for starters, anyone have anything else?

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
I'm guessing we won't need a separate thread for the sequel but just in case, I'll hold out on the surprises a little bit longer.

I'm trying hard to think of something about the sequel but my sickness is kinda preventing me from having any big ideas. I'll have to come back on that.

I do have one question though, are we having past stages?

joehinkle11

Smash Apprentice
I'm guessing we won't need a separate thread for the sequel but just in case, I'll hold out on the surprises a little bit longer.

I'm trying hard to think of something about the sequel but my sickness is kinda preventing me from having any big ideas. I'll have to come back on that.

I do have one question though, are we having past stages?
Oh yeah I forgot you have that surprise coming! ;)

I'll start another thread. I'll put the current info we have about the sequel in the main post.

Last edited:

Russell_SSB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MrRussellgro
3DS FC
0662-7159-3567
Switch FC
SW-3345-3263-9133
Now with that out of the way, I'm going to be putting the next week towards finally cranking out that SC update. In the meantime, we can start discussing things we want to focus on in Smash Clash 2 :D

I'm thinking
- Game physics
- Online gameplay
- Story mode
- Character development (like backstories)
- Standardized art style
- Support for pretty much everything. Android/iOS/Windows Phone/PC/Mac
- Weekly meeting on G+ hangouts (maybe? just to touch base)

Just ideas for starters, anyone have anything else?
Hey! How are you lately?

You got some sick ideas, they are awesome! Sorry if I haven't done Stacy in a while. It was because of things I have done and school. I swear, I will try to do more on her as much as possible. Heck, I am also planning to make a few stage ideas, a final boss against the host who is glitchy "which makes the screen glitchy at times", and possibly its new logo "which is in its progress."

Oh, and if we do try Google's hangouts, find me by Russell Groenewoud, which is my real name. I would love to hear outta ya!

Thanks again.

joehinkle11

Smash Apprentice
I need some vector art for Zig. Something like this

Just need to make zig's stats trackable, make him unlockable, and make his stages. And of course, have that vector art.

Will post another thread once this update is done.

EDIT: I'm going to be completely honest, after about a half an hour at looking at the code, I'm stuck. I wrote the script for the level selection screen for event match over a year ago. I wasn't a very good programmer then, and I pretty much hard coded the levels. Essentially, I can't add move levels to the array I have set up without risking players' saved data from being lost. If I wanted to fix this it would probably take me a week to fix, as this setup perpetuates itself across multiple files. I feel really bad about having Zig delayed for so long after @ DemonApple DemonApple 's hard work, so I'm just trying to wrap this up. I'm going to just through him in as a bonus character to unlock, no extra levels associated. I'm open to adding them at a later time.

It's no secret I've been neglecting development here, and as the only programmer, that's pretty much killed this project for awhile. If you are wondering why, it's because I don't like the code, and I don't like the lack of professionalism in the design of the game. I have been dying to redo this thing from the ground up, and want to move away from Smash Clash's first version.

In the past year I've taken my first programming classes ever and learned mobile app development from a university club and internship. Compared to the programmer I was 2 years ago, I now have the ability to make the next iteration will be like no other mobile game. I'm ready to venture into Smash Clash 2, but I'm going to need support from you guys!

What I'm asking is this. While I'm pushing out this last update to Smash Clash, be thinking about what you want to see in the next one. I'm posting a Doodle so we can all decide on a time to meet over Google Hangouts to discuss. We are going to need to set our vision for this next game :)

Here's the link, please respond ASAP so we can all decide on a day to meet on G+. http://doodle.com/mqbcm3dn8z9uhrtd

Attachments

Last edited:

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
As long as the meeting is on text is alright by me (or at least I use text). I'm currently sick and it'll be like that for awhile and I don't think you guys want to hear constant coughing. :)
Edit: I voted for Sunday but then I realized I have a baseball game then. I don't want to add in another vote so I think a Tuesday would be fine.

Last edited:

SheldonRandoms

Smash Cadet
I'll have to see if I can make those times, but if I can't, then @ DemonApple DemonApple can tell me the gossip.

And i'm liking the ideas of backstories, still need to make one up then what's there for Mr. Randoms already XD

@ UltimateXsniper UltimateXsniper And ditto with feeling better soon :seuss:

joehinkle11

Smash Apprentice
As long as the meeting is on text is alright by me (or at least I use text). I'm currently sick and it'll be like that for awhile and I don't think you guys want to hear constant coughing. :)
Edit: I voted for Sunday but then I realized I have a baseball game then. I don't want to add in another vote so I think a Tuesday would be fine.
Hope you get better man. Are you only able to make Sunday? Make sure you put all the dates you are able to make, not the ones you like. This way we can find a time we can all meet.

@InnerMobius @Karakato Dzo can you two make it?

Zig works everywhere in the game (including multiplayer). Just have colors and stats screen left :)

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
Ok. I went back to the poll and I should be available on Sunday (10pm), Tuesday(Any time), possibly Wednesday(Maybe any time), and Friday (10pm).

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
do you have a google account?
Yes I do. I tried for about 10 minutes to get it to work. I have hangouts installed and it is not really doing anything. I made it far enough to call but I lost connection a couple times. I don't know if it's my connection or google but I've tried.

if I have too, I can do facebook messages if I have to chat in some way.

In the meantime, I am fixing my surprise a bit as I looked at it a few minutes ago and noticed something was off.

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
Ok guys. I have some news to tell you. I've checked google play and the game appears to be gone. Both free and paid versions seem to be completely absent. I also tried looking up dubstep bird. Sadly that is gone too. I've checked several times to see if I waswasn't having any problems. I've checked my phone and tablet, I tried looking for it in my apps in google play, I even googled it and it does say the game, but if you click on it, it says "item not found". I don't know if it's still on iphone.

I don't know what's up. I sure hope someone didn't remove it for copyrights (as far as my knowledge goes, we've did nothing wrong). I can't imagine it is copyrights but maybe something else. I'm thinking that because of dubstep bird was removed and I'm pretty sure that game should have been safe, I mean other flappy bird-like games are still around so why remove it.

I'm not sure if this is normal and im overreacting or this is a serious issue to deal with.

@ joehinkle11 joehinkle11 , do you know anything about this?

Last edited:

ThirdDay

Smash Apprentice
NNID
toastyost
3DS FC
1934-1050-5329
- Smash Clash -
the first multiplayer platformer fighting game for iOS, Android and Windows Phone

Rate 5 Stars! :D

QR Code

INDIE DB

DONATE
HERE
This is fun! I was wondering, How do I get Multiplayer unlocked? I've been trying but I just cant figure it out.

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
This is fun! I was wondering, How do I get Multiplayer unlocked? I've been trying but I just cant figure it out.
I may have forgot and the achievement (There was supposed to be a white check next to stats and options) has disappeared some reason. I think it may be playing free play once or something. Sorry if that's not it but that's all I can think of.

Edit: Due to the game being gone in google play, we have lost achievements and Leaderboards as far as I know. Took me awhile to realize Leaderboards until I wanted to see my high score in classic.

Last edited:

joehinkle11

Smash Apprentice
I wish I remembered. Lol it's only local WiFi attles too...

How the heck did Super Smash Clash get absent from Google Play?! 0_0
Yeah it got marked for spam incorrectly. No idea why. Google won't talk to me. I'm trying my best, but from the looks of it I'm permanently banned from the Play Store as a developer.

I may be venturing into a game startup later this year. That would enable me to reupload, though the ratings and download counters would be reset.

Trust me, this whole issue hurts me more than anything.

BTW, I want all spriters to take a look at this program. Get the demo, and try it out. We are probably going to end up using this. http://esotericsoftware.com

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
Yeah it got marked for spam incorrectly. No idea why. Google won't talk to me. I'm trying my best, but from the looks of it I'm permanently banned from the Play Store as a developer.

I may be venturing into a game startup later this year. That would enable me to reupload, though the ratings and download counters would be reset.

Trust me, this whole issue hurts me more than anything.

BTW, I want all spriters to take a look at this program. Get the demo, and try it out. We are probably going to end up using this. http://esotericsoftware.com
Well that sucks. :mad088:

I wonder if that means the update for the android version may be delayed. I guess that it is not too bad, at least the ios version is still available.

At this point, I got to make sure my friends don't borrow my phone and delete any apps. :laugh:

I'll definitely try the program out! If I like it, I may as well buy the essential pack (Once I have money for it of course). I noticed the trial version can't save projects.
Screenshot_2015-06-17-11-04-40.png

wouldn't that be a problem?

joehinkle11

Smash Apprentice
Well that sucks. :mad088:

I wonder if that means the update for the android version may be delayed. I guess that it is not too bad, at least the ios version is still available.

At this point, I got to make sure my friends don't borrow my phone and delete any apps. :laugh:

I'll definitely try the program out! If I like it, I may as well buy the essential pack (Once I have money for it of course). I noticed the trial version can't save projects.
View attachment 57181
wouldn't that be a problem?
It's more of a demo than a trial. I'll ask the devs if we could upgrade from essential to pro if need be.

joehinkle11

Smash Apprentice
How can an entire game be marked for spam?
Like this.

This is a notification that your application submission, Super Smash Clash - Brawler, for package ID com.impactgamesstudio.games.supersmashclashapp, has been rejected.

REASON FOR REJECTION:Violation of the spam provisions of the Content Policy.

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
I'm a little bored so I'll probably do some log thing for my experience of using Spine for a couple days or so. Let's begin shall we?

Day 1,
As a guy with some sprite experience at this time, I still know nothing about stuff like this. Funny enough, it's almost been a year since I started to sprite anything, thanks to Impact Games "Super Smash Clash" for giving me the opportunity. As someone that can work on items and nothing that is too complex like characters, I was confused on how Spine works.

I downloaded it sometime at noon and tried it for about 10 minutes at night, I was puzzled on how to draw anything on the program. I looked at a youtube video and realized it's all about animation itself rather than drawing sprites. :facepalm: Some genius I am. Thanks to the video and looking around Spine itself, I may have found a way to get one of my sprites on there. I would test it now but it is getting late and I'll put my hypothesis to the test tomorrow.

Thoughts so far? I see this being way more useful for characters rather than items I believe, but this can expand my ideas of what items I can make. If only the demo can save projects. :urg:

joehinkle11

Smash Apprentice
I'm a little bored so I'll probably do some log thing for my experience of using Spine for a couple days or so. Let's begin shall we?

Day 1,
As a guy with some sprite experience at this time, I still know nothing about stuff like this. Funny enough, it's almost been a year since I started to sprite anything, thanks to Impact Games "Super Smash Clash" for giving me the opportunity. As someone that can work on items and nothing that is too complex like characters, I was confused on how Spine works.

I downloaded it sometime at noon and tried it for about 10 minutes at night, I was puzzled on how to draw anything on the program. I looked at a youtube video and realized it's all about animation itself rather than drawing sprites. :facepalm: Some genius I am. Thanks to the video and looking around Spine itself, I may have found a way to get one of my sprites on there. I would test it now but it is getting late and I'll put my hypothesis to the test tomorrow.

Thoughts so far? I see this being way more useful for characters rather than items I believe, but this can expand my ideas of what items I can make. If only the demo can save projects. :urg:
Haha yes it's probably going to be used for characters mostly. You could do some cool item animations I guess too.

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
Day 2,

So I tried to test my experiment... it didn't work. I can't really bring any of my sprites into it and that's really the demo's fault. As far as I know, the demo only works with the files the program already came with.

So I didn't really have much of a choice so I played around woth the stuff I can use. There is really not much I can say at this point.

Thoughts so far? Pretty much the same as yesterday. I do see an opportunity to update sprites like party box on how it opens for example. Is it worth the money? From my point of view... maybe? Items are sure not as important and complex as characters. As a more experienced spriter point of view, then definitely. Any spriter who can sprite well will make this a cakewalk.

joehinkle11

Smash Apprentice
Day 2,

So I tried to test my experiment... it didn't work. I can't really bring any of my sprites into it and that's really the demo's fault. As far as I know, the demo only works with the files the program already came with.

So I didn't really have much of a choice so I played around woth the stuff I can use. There is really not much I can say at this point.

Thoughts so far? Pretty much the same as yesterday. I do see an opportunity to update sprites like party box on how it opens for example. Is it worth the money? From my point of view... maybe? Items are sure not as important and complex as characters. As a more experienced spriter point of view, then definitely. Any spriter who can sprite well will make this a cakewalk.
Try this image. http://img1.123freevectors.com/wp-content/uploads/new/people/166_boy-vector-character-l.png

joehinkle11

Smash Apprentice
Super Smash Clash Updates
We have finished Zig's vector art thanks to @ DemonApple DemonApple ! Last thing I have to do is clean up a few things related to his stat tracking, and add his colors. Should be finished by Friday, hopefully earlier. I'll probably push an update to iOS this weekend which will then update in the next 2 weeks. As for Android, I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I may put it on the Amazon App Store.

Super Smash Clash 2 Updates

I've been studying smash physics really hard the past few days. I've become particularly fond of N64 style of gameplay for a few reasons.
  1. There are no charge attacks and no side-b attacks, making the game more simple and easy to control. Good for mobile
  2. Movement is a bit slower
    1. will be easier to sync online multiplayer
    2. easier to play considering it's already hard because you're on a phone
  3. Freeze frames are VERY dramatic. This does two things http://supersmashbros.wikia.com/wiki/Freeze_frame
    1. Slow down the pace on mobile, so you can really tell when you hit someone and have time to think.
    2. Buy time for the server to calculate and sync states in online mode
Here's a good source for all things smash physics http://supersmashbros.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Game_Physics
Let me know what you guys think. I'm going to be modeling the physics of this game for a good bit before I touch code. This game is going to play beautifully, and it order to do so we need to design physics well. I'll might be posting formulas I will be using for the engine too. We'll see

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
I'd like those changes. However, keep in touch for charging attacks though. I think clash did a fine job with charged smash attacks (Although having the ability to charge smash attacks in the air and specials can charge too is wierd). I thought charged attacks were already easy to do and it could be even simpler to control for mobile if they can only be preformed on the ground.

Top Bottom