• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Civil War

finalark

SNORLAX
I think the story just became way to heavy with too many sub plots, characters, plot holes, and plot twists comming out of nowhere that it couldn't support itself anymore and just collapsed onto itself.

In other words, it turned into Pirates 3.

cutter

Smash Champion
Don't worry guys, I will be making more chapters (since I'm the only one that seems to be willing to actually write lol) coming this weekend.

This story is too awesome for it to die out. I WILL be making things tie together after I ravage this thread and read all the previous chapters.

I might do a double update :]

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I'm sorry that I haven't been as involved as I should be, but I really do have tons of other stuff going on right now. I plan on wrapping up the subplot that I began in the next week or so, but I don't expect to be able to contribute much beyond that. At least not anytime soon.

cutter

Smash Champion
Makin' Indigo proud :p

Chapter 59: Arctic Ambush

"I can't feel my feet."

Zajice voiced his complaint quite vocally. He and Indigo had been treking through the barren, frosty wasteland for nearly the whole day. Even though they were heading south, the snow showed no signs at all of reducing in amount. Cold air coming directly from the north blasted the two friends' faces like hundreds of several small daggers piercing their skin.

Even Indigo could feel his own vitality being syphoned off of him into oblivion. He knew just as much as Zajice that they were dead tired from making their way through the snow for such a long period of time. For some reason though, the two of them continued to harness the energy needed to keep walking, despite the immense fatigue they were suffering.

"Come on Zajice," egged Indigo, "every second we waste is another second She oppresses the rest of the country."

Zajice cracked.

"YOU JUST DONT GET, DO YOU INDIGO?" yelled an indignant Zajice. "How the hell is the Queen going to be doing anything to out here in the middle of nowhere?!? Do you hear me? NOWHERE! We're the only living things here for god knows how far out!"

"Zajice, I know we haven't rested or eaten that much. But your raw emotions are consuming your rational thought."

"At least we set up camp for a night, eat a good portion of our rations, and collect ourselves for just once!" demanded Zajice. "For once in my life, I'm glad we only have to worry about ourselves for the time being instead of having a power-hungry ***** domineer over our lives."

The rustling of a patch of snow nearby was made just after Zajice finished. It only lasted for just under a second, and the two of them didn't notice it at all. It wasn't until Indigo and Zajice started to unpack their belongings that Zajice could feel a long, cold metal something surround the front of his neck.

"What's that I heard?" asked a cold, sly voice. The blade of a long dagger was what was around Zajice's neck. A man was standing right behind Zajice holding the dagger, covered from head to toe in pewter-colored armor. A medium sized sword lay at his waist, sheathed.

Both Zajice and Indigo stopped dead in their tracks upon seeing what was indeed a Black Guard soldier.

"Sounds like I heard loud and clear what you said," the man continued. "By order of Queen Killjoy, you're both under arrest."

"What for?!" asked Indigo in an impatient tone.

"Treason," replied the soldier calmly. "For saying such derogatory comments about our wonderful Queen."

"I didn't even do anything!" pleaded Indigo. "Besides, how did you even know we were here?"

"Fool," said the soldier, "you're his accomplice. There are tunnels honeycombing this entire section of SWF." We have magical bugging devices that track every action on the terrain, and upon witnessing the horrific crime you committed, I surfaced from one of the secret hatches connecting the underground to up above the ground."

"I suggest you come with me right now," he continued. "I don't want to... complicate things." He grasped the hilt of his sword while saying this.

The soldier bent down after walking a little way and opened up what appeared to be a hatch.

"Get in," he ordered.

Indigo and Zajice slowly complied.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Here, finally!:

Chapter 60: Revenge

Scumfever [I know he changed his name to Bunglefever but I'm leaving it as Scum] mounted up alongside Luigitoilet, Asdioh, and the other 12 men they had selected to ride against the Black Guard. Smoooooom and Elder Sister would lead the infantry, because their prowess with long range attacks would help in softening the Black Guard's lines.

After everyone was on their horses, they started trotting towards the opposite end of the city. The infantry had left a bit earlier, in the hopes that they would reach the Guard at about the same time. The time passed quickly, and there was little noise other than the horses' hooves. Each warrior knew that this may be their last battle. Sending 15 mounted riders to attack a force of well over one hundred was extremely dangerous, and they knew it.

But these were the Disco Roomanians. Not only were they fierce and determined, but they also had the element of surprise on their side.

The infantry advanced as quickly as possible, considering the dead bodies and abandoned blockades barricading the street at different points. Smoooooom was able to clear some of it with magic, but he had to conserve his magical energy for the battle.

About halfway to their destination, they saw a lone house with about fifty bodies of Black Guardsmen piled up outside of it. Elder Sister insisted that they investigated, and they were shocked to see Motel Vacaville, Stealth Raptor, and a few other Disco Roomers upstairs.

As they exited, Stealth Raptor recounted what had befallen them.

He said, "We were doing great. We plowed through three blockades and had hardly lost a soldier. Apparently at the third blockade, some men escaped. I assume they told a general, who then deployed some soldiers to attack us. Well anyway, we spotted another blockade after coming around a turn. It looked highly fortified, so we thought it must be important, and therefore we should take it. Well, as we advanced, their men ran out of all of the houses in the area. They charged us, and Motel ran out to meet them. Seeing this, we all followed. We ran in the opposite direction of the blockade, but that's where most of the men that had came out of the houses were. We hit them hard. It looked like we would be alright, until the men from behind the blockade came and took out our back lines. Once we forced a hole through their line, we ran. It was then that we realized how many of our men we had lost. We holed up in this house, and we fought them off. I don't know how we did it. We've been here for two days. I'm so glad to see you guys."

After that, Smoooooom and Elder Sister told Stealth Raptor, Vacaville, and the rest of the Disco Roomers about their mission. Vacaville announced that he liked the plan, and now Smoooooom was feeling a lot more confident about the impending attack. Soon they were off again.

***​

The cavalry spotted a large amount of enemy blockades, and they knew that soon the fate of the city would be decided. They had passed the infantry about fifteen minutes earlier, and they would wait for ten minutes before charging. Scum and the rest of the warriors were revitalized at seeing Vacaville in the ranks of the infantry, and they were ready to charge.

Final preparations were made, and ten minutes later the cavalry came out from behind the building they had been using as cover. They got into a loose formation, drew their weapons, and charged.

The infantry were fairly close behind the horsemen, and they could here their battle cries as they rode towards the Black Guard. Smoooooom and Vacaville ran towards the battle, and soon every Disco Roomanian was sprinting towards the battle.

Scum and Luigitoilet had broken through the front line with ease. The rest of their men followed, and soon all 15 were within the walls of the blockade. There were hundreds of soldiers there, but most were not prepared for battle. The men swept through with ease, killing many.

The infantry entered the hole as well, killing anyone who the cavalry might have missed on their sweep. Then, out of nowhere, an explosion went off in the ranks of the infantry. Arrows whizzed towards the Disco Roomers, one barely missing Vacaville himself.

The fierce warriors had killed almost every one of the Black Guardsmen, and yet they were being killed off. Vacaville scanned the area until he spotted a lone warrior. At once he knew who it was. There was only one person in all of Smashboards who dressed this way.

He wore a green tunic over chain mail, and carried a very distinct sword. Although he was wearing a helmet, Vacaville knew this man did not normally don anything on his head other than a green, conical hat.

"Hylian..." he whispered to himself.

cutter

Smash Champion
Now we're starting to roll... more development and tying together of other plots :).

Chapter 61: Extirpation
Lythium rummaged through a drawer located on an upper cupboard in the lab and pulled out a small, orange Erlenmeyer flask. Pulling a fresh syringe inside her lab coat, she popped off the cap and prepared a shot promptly. Lythium turned over Frown's right arm and found a vein to inject the antidote into.

Frown's face started to contract as if he just eaten a very sour lemon. His eyes opened up alarmingly fast and coughed slightly. Even his blonde hair stood up from whatever Lythium injected into him.

"What... happened...," said Frown trailing off with his voice.

"If we told you, you wouldn't believe us. But it's great to have you back Frown!" replied Miss Yuna.

"Now what are you going to do me?" moaned Frown. He looked down at his feet, which were a major bloody mess from when Queen Killjoy tortured him.

"Nothing," said Lythium.

"But the Queen said --"

"Frown."

"Yes?"

"There's something I have to tell you."

"Okay..."

"I don't really work for Queen Killjoy. I'm a double agent."

Frown looked at Lythium quizzically.

"Yes, it's true," continued Lythium, "I'm not going to hurt you. At all."

For once in his life, Frown let out a small, but still noticeable smile. Finally, it felt good to him that someone wasn't going to be messing around with him for once. He started to speak, but before a sound came out of his mouth, a banging knocking sound came from the front door of the lab.

"Dr. Lythium!" said an imposing voice from the door.

"Yes?" she replied, quite shocked.

"The Queen demands an update from you, stat!"

"Frown, get in this chair and just lie back. Make it seem like I've been working on you," she whispered to him.

"I'm going to give you to ten Dr. Lythium! If you don't let me in then, I'll COME in myself!" barked the voice. "One..."

Miss Yuna vanished and reformed at the ceiling of the lab, where she lay there in silence. Frown was still barely able to walk considering his feet were still mangled by a shoe and a knife from his previous encounter with the Queen. Lythium grabbed Frown by his legs and started dragging him to the nearby chair.

"Two..."

As Lythium pulled Frown with all her weight, small flecks of blood coming from Frown's feet could be seen on the floor.

"TEN!"

The door was sent flying right off its hinges. It was a palace guard, and judging from his highly adorned armor, he looked like one of Queen Killjoy's personal body guards.

"Ten doesn't come after two!" exclaimed Lythium.

"Do you always have to correct everyone that's wrong four-eyes?" sneered the guard. Lythium remained silent.

"So, give me a pronto update on Frown!" he continued. "Or else the Queen will most likely be wanting someone's head -- most likely yours."

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
umm cutter read this

Chapter 49: when Gods clash!

Tycoil is trapped inside Frown's body without the ability to move. He now waits inside Frown's subconscious waiting for his fate.

Tycoil: "D@mn that Yuna, She always has to interfere!" Tycoil sees a blinding light coming towards him.

"What?! How can you do this to me? What about all the power of Masamune? it will all be wasted on this mere mortal?" He then sees the other entity that isn't Frown

"If I bring him with me maybe the power will travel with me as well?"

With that thought Tycoil's spirit latches onto the other and is extracted with the light.

*Cuts to Yuna and Lythium*

Yuna is using all her power to extract Tycoil from the boy's body, Lythium just stands mesmerized by the event's that are occurring.

Yuna: "I think I've got bolth of them."

Lythium: "Both? Didn't it take an enormous amount of energy taking Cutter's soul out? and I thought Tycoil was a God, wouldn't it be harder?" Yuna had the same thought running through her head.

Yuna: "We'll worry about that latter, now our focus is on if we can actually get them out."

Lythium winced as a burst of light filled the room. When the light finally started to fade a new being was standing before them.

???: "Thank you for freeing me from that prison it was getting crowded in there." Lythium had a confused look on her face as she stared at the magnificent being.

Lythium: I thought Tycoil needed a body to reside in this realm.

???: "Oh but he does. When Tycoil latched his soul to mine I became his host the very power of Masamune itself! Now with my power and his immortality we have become the ultimate weapon!" ??? pauses for a moment. "Ultimate weapon hmm?" he says in a softer tone. I like the sound of that! Call us Ultima!"

With that last remark Ultima created a dark rift and gracefully walks through it.

Lythium: (in a sad tone) "I have failed you Goddess."

Yuna: "No it is I who has failed all mankind. I shall return to my own world for now there is nothing I can do for you at this moment." Yuna then pull's an amulet off of her neck and hands it to Lythium. "Here use this when the time is right and it will call on my powers." Yuna then ascends through a light that seems to go forever even though they're in a dungeon. Frown then wake's up barely pulling himself off the ground.

Frown: (Groans) "Man I have a killer headache. What happened?"

Lythium: (Can't wipe off a smile on her face.) "You wouldn't believe me if I told you."

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I've been thinking:

People clearly enjoyed this, but I think it's safe to say that this story has gone about as far as it's going to go. We could try to drag it to some kind of conclusion, but I don't think the will is there.

I wanted this project to be as freeform as possible, in order to encourage a wide range of participation. We got that, but without some basic rules and structure, it pretty much did collapse under its own weight.

So I ask you the UB, since this was the UB Group Story. what's next? We can either:

1) Keep going with this story until it's given a proper conclusion
2) Let this story stay as it is, and move on to a new project (which I will conceive and post in two weeks or so)
3) Let this story die and not try another one

I'm fine with any of those choices. Overall I would say that this project was a success, as it got a lot of people involved and writing, even if it didn't finish completely. Lessons will be learned from this experience should we decide to try it again.

finalark

SNORLAX
I'm going with number two. The main story was fun, but it did colapse under it's own weight, just as you said. But hey, it was our first story. So now that we've learned a few things from our experance with it the next will be much more successful if we apply what we've learned to it. I think that for our first time, 61 chapters is pretty **** good.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Number 2. Next time, I hope that the plot is a little bit more structured. I feel like we branched off way too much, and that if we had a plot that wasn't as open as this one, it might work better. Basically, at the beginning everyone wanted to write about different people in different places and stuff. The only problem was that too many people started things without making an effort to either tie them into another plot or end that plot completely. And the fact that no one was talking about Teran near the end except for cutter. For some reason everyone kept talking about Frown instead.

So next time I hope we have a little bit of a more structured plot, and if new plots are formed, I think the writers still need to focus more on the main plot. But that's just me, I obviously can't speak for everyone.

cutter

Smash Champion
Believe me guys, I've attempted to make as conscious as an effort as possible with this story, but you guys need to understand I'm in college, so school and my job come well before something like this.

If we go with #2, how about this:

Since no one else is making any actual attempt at continuing the story, I'll finish the story myself, on my own time. I want to see this thing actually end, because it's epic as hell from what's currently been done. Expect something like this to be done some time down the road, though I probably won't go the full remaining 39 chapters of a total 100 if it doesn't take me that long to finish it.

finalark

SNORLAX
I agree with Vrael, if the story had more structure to it then it could have probably lasted longer. Here aer a few things that I think we can learn from this story:

- Make sure that any and all sub-plots tie into the main story and don't just go unresolved, this isn't Knights of the Old Republic 2, you know.

- Try to keep the cast small and contained, that way the characters who need the focus can get it

- Find ways the make your characters distinct, seriously, a lot of the characters started running together after a while

- Make whatever the protagonist is doing exciting, example from our first story: "BEHOLD THE ADVENTURES OF TERAN AS HE RUNS AROUND TALKING TO PEOPLE WHO DO NOTHING BUT TELL HIM TO GO TALK TO SOMEONE ELSE!"

- Try to keep consistancy, I think this might have been one of (if not the) major problem(s) with the story.

That's just off the top of my head

cutter

Smash Champion
I completely agree that future stories like this need to be simplified.

The problem is, how do you keep that from happening when the story is open-writer, and you can write pretty much anything you want pertaining to it? This "complexity creep" as I like to call it is pretty much inevitable, and realistically can't be stopped; it can only be curbed.

As you guys noticed, I took as many of the subplots in the story as I could and tried in various ways to integrate some way to tie them in. Maybe if I were still in high school I could have pulled it all off since I had waaaaay more free time back then but obviously that's not the case lol.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Unstuck.

My parts were the best!

No but really good job for making it last this long.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
The problem is, how do you keep that from happening when the story is open-writer, and you can write pretty much anything you want pertaining to it? This "complexity creep" as I like to call it is pretty much inevitable, and realistically can't be stopped; it can only be curbed.
That's the $64,000 question. It's good to throw out these ideas for how to improve the next one, but in the end there must be a trade-off between openness and control. I'm going to ere on the side of openness, because it's not much of a group story if we make the rules so strict that there are only three people writing it.

So it comes down to the individual posters and what they decide to contribute. The real problem here was that there were simply too many characters. All of the other issues that have been raised grew directly out of the bloated number of characters. Sub-plots had to be created in order for all those characters to have something to do.

In any case, this was a good learning experience as we gear up for the second one. The question we have to ask ourselves next time is do we want to write a story, or do we want to write a GOOD story? That will demand sacrifices from the people who choose to participate.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I say we totally restart the same story, or make a romance story between Tom and KevinM.

cutter

Smash Champion
That's the $64,000 question. It's good to throw out these ideas for how to improve the next one, but in the end there must be a trade-off between openness and control. I'm going to ere on the side of openness, because it's not much of a group story if we make the rules so strict that there are only three people writing it.

So it comes down to the individual posters and what they decide to contribute. The real problem here was that there were simply too many characters. All of the other issues that have been raised grew directly out of the bloated number of characters. Sub-plots had to be created in order for all those characters to have something to do.

In any case, this was a good learning experience as we gear up for the second one. The question we have to ask ourselves next time is do we want to write a story, or do we want to write a GOOD story? That will demand sacrifices from the people who choose to participate.
I know.

I will admit, I did just throw myself into the story on like the fourth or fifth chapter, so I won't try to hide the fact that I was doing this to a degree. Then I realized that the actual story had to be developed, instead of just adding characters down the line.

After I figured this out a long time ago, it still didn't stop the complexity creep that was being constantly added as more people were contributing to the story. I am not going to be revealing any names, but it was obvious when someone just added something into the story... just because.

I am fully confident that a very awesome group story can be made without unnecessary complexity creep. But like you said, people that will be writing will have to understand that they can't just do whatever. It's going to be more or less reliant on the honor system to trust whoever writes the next chapter to avoid this from happening again.

EDIT: Keep the plot and main protagonist/antagonist (Teran and Queen Killjoy respectively), but shift from the Medieval times to maybe a different era (i.e. something sci-fi). Or restart the story. I'm fine with that as well.

If not, something completely new would work too.

finalark

SNORLAX
Complexity creep... I like those words. Good way to describe a lot of stories I can think of. I wonder if it's a trope...

Anyway, I suppose if we wanted to prevent said complexity creep we'd either have to rely on the honor system or put down strict guide-lines. But then there's the problem of deciding if a characater is important or was just thrown in "just because." Same goes for sub-plots, plot twists, just about everything. Na, that's proably not a good idea anyway.

I belive that Jam phrased it perfectly when he said

The question we have to ask ourselves next time is do we want to write a story, or do we want to write a GOOD story?

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Believe me guys, I've attempted to make as conscious as an effort as possible with this story, but you guys need to understand I'm in college, so school and my job come well before something like this.

If we go with #2, how about this:

Since no one else is making any actual attempt at continuing the story, I'll finish the story myself, on my own time. I want to see this thing actually end, because it's epic as hell from what's currently been done. Expect something like this to be done some time down the road, though I probably won't go the full remaining 39 chapters of a total 100 if it doesn't take me that long to finish it.
Except that that isn't true. I posted a chapter last week, stop acting like you're the only one who writes chapters, that's bull****.

I don't see the point in continuing the story at all, it makes more sense to forget it completely and start a new one.

I agree with Vrael, if the story had more structure to it then it could have probably lasted longer. Here are a few things that I think we can learn from this story:

- Make sure that any and all sub-plots tie into the main story and don't just go unresolved, this isn't Knights of the Old Republic 2, you know.

Yeah. And I feel like the writers themselves need to make an effort to stick with the story. Don't write two chapters then leave. Especially if in those two chapters you introduce a subplot. Don't bring things in that you cannot finish.

- Try to keep the cast small and contained, that way the characters who need the focus can get it

Most definitely. I'm guilty of this, I feel like we need to keep the number of characters to a minimum.

- Find ways the make your characters distinct, seriously, a lot of the characters started running together after a while

I agree.

- Make whatever the protagonist is doing exciting, example from our first story: "BEHOLD THE ADVENTURES OF TERAN AS HE RUNS AROUND TALKING TO PEOPLE WHO DO NOTHING BUT TELL HIM TO GO TALK TO SOMEONE ELSE!"

I concur. And keep the story focused on the main character. There were like 10 chapters that Teran was actually in. And like 25 about Frown.

- Try to keep consistancy, I think this might have been one of (if not the) major problem(s) with the story.

Yeah. Writers should make sure they read the entire story before you post a new chapter.

That's just off the top of my head
Comments in bold.

I also agree with Jam.

Basically, I feel like there are a few things people need to think of.

1) Does what I am going to write about pertain to the plot or does it branch off unnecessarily?

2) Am I bringing in characters just to bring them in, or are they going to actually serve a purpose in the story?

3) Is what is going on in the chapter I am writing consistent with what has happened in the story before me?

4) How does this story relate to the main character(s) of the story?

Also, be sure to proofread your chapters. It makes it a lot easier to tell what's going on if you can actually read the story.

finalark

SNORLAX
If we all agree on number two (that seems to be the case anyway), I think that we should vote for which genre the next story will be. That is, unless Jam has something already planned.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
If we all agree on number two (that seems to be the case anyway), I think that we should vote for which genre the next story will be. That is, unless Jam has something already planned.
I have a few ideas churning around.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
How about we make a limit to how many charecters we can have in the story, and if we want to exceed that limit we'll vote on it.

Also, be sure to proofread your chapters. It makes it a lot easier to tell what's going on if you can actually read the story.
Guilty as charged, we should also create a tense before we make the next story, but it was my fault I kept switching tenses in my posts sorry guys :(

Btw if we wanted to make Teran the main character, we should just reverse his and Frowns roles lol

finalark

SNORLAX
Not until they're in a more finalized stage, but I do know that we're moving away from fantasy and into sci-fi.
Cool, I've been wanting to do some sci-fi lately.

Btw if we wanted to make Teran the main character, we should just reverse his and Frowns roles lol
I don't know, I think that it just got to the point where there were so many characters and so many sub-plot to the point where it was just like when I rewatched one of the Gundams. I remember wanting to throw my hands into the air while screaming in the most over-the-top style as possible, "WHO IS THE FREAKING PROTAGONIST SUPPOSED TO BE!?"

finalark

SNORLAX
Too many sub plots, but at least we learned somethings, We all think Queen Killjoy is a bad*** and everyone has the urge to hurt frown.
Frown is a tank for the amount of abuse that he's taken. I've met Death Knights who go down faster than him (/world of warcraft joke). I think that everyone who wrote about Frown must some sort of vendetta against him that not even they knew about.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
@cutter: I hope you keep me posted on how the story turns out I kinda actually want to see an ending.

@Jam Stunna: I really think we should vote on who to put in as the Protagonist and Antagonist

@Teran: Idk what I was going to say.... just, your cool keep it that way

@finalark: I guess frown needs some love lol, BTW your fusion Idea was pretty good hope we can see more idea's like that in the next story

@Vrael: I liked your posts and Idea's hope you post regular in our next story, Oh and thanks for all the help :)

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Guilty as charged, we should also create a tense before we make the next story, but it was my fault I kept switching tenses in my posts sorry guys :(
Nah, not just you. I had some typos that were confusing that I didn't catch for a while.

Not until they're in a more finalized stage, but I do know that we're moving away from fantasy and into sci-fi.
Good stuff. Should be very fun.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Well, I should say this: I have an idea planned out already, and most of the story thought out in my head. I know pretty much how it begins and ends, I just don't have the middle that well planned.

The problem is converting that to group format. Another tension here is that we (or at least I) don't want this to be "several people writing Jam Stunna's story." If I tell you what I want, that's what will happen, and it also ruins the surprise of watching the story grow and develop by telling you the ending before the beginning.

So the story is basically done, but if I tell you what it is, it ruins the point of the whole project. I just have to throw out the beginning and we all will watch what develops.

This is also why I'm not keen on the idea of having character limits, strict guidelines or central control. I would like this to be as open as possible, and as such its inevitable that the level of quality will take a hit. I would just prefer that posters be aware of their contributions to the story, so that they're not saying, "Wow, it would be so cool if this happens!" and instead say, "This will advance the plot in a useful and interesting way."

That may be asking a lot, but one can hope.

EDIT- And definitely no to voting, on anything. The last thing I want to happen is for individual ideas to be crushed by the group.

finalark

SNORLAX
So, since the story is offically over (I guess) here's a fun fact: you remember how Straked was all masked and wore conceling robes, gloves, ect.? I actually planned a little plot twist in which it turns out that Straked used to work for Killjoy, but once he left her side she decided to make him suffer for it by turning him into an upright tiger. And the reason why he wears all of the stuff is because he doesn't want people to know about it, and that he's asshamed of it.

So does anyone else have things they planned but never made it in?

EDIT: Oh, hi Jam. I'd say that I have to agree with what you have to say, I guess we'll rely on the honor system.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
EDIT- And definitely no to voting, on anything. The last thing I want this to become is individual ideas being crushed by the group.
not even who the Antagonist and Protagonist is? I can see it about other things but to that I think all we have to do is nominate people vote on who they want afterward.

So does anyone else have things they planned but never made it in?
Edit: I wanted Ultima to come out after they have defeated Killjoy and almost kill everyone except Teran and a key few, they all team up together and with their combined attack they still can't defeat him, until Teran sacrifices himself at the last moment.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
We're not using Smashers for this project. It's going to be entirely original characters.

Top Bottom