• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros. Wii U 'Livestream Event' At 6:00 EST 10/23

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Mewtwo? Ridley? What could it be?! I feel that Mewtwo and Ridley are near givens considering DLC. But what I really want that's near totally out of question: Wonder-Red. We'll see.
And this is what will make or break the ToS Leak and that Bandana Dee/Ridley (Sizes Up For Battle) Leak spinoff...

Gam3rALO

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gam3rALO
how did i do this triple post?

Last edited:

Gam3rALO

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gam3rALO
"I'm really feel in' it"

I actually am most excited to see how amiibo work

BADGRAPHICS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2406-5113-4228
SOMEBODY hasn't watched the Direct.
Somebody doesn't understand reasonable doubt. I doubt that anything Sakurai has ever said should be considered final, as should any sane person.

It might be reaching to actually expect more characters, but absolutely anything could be revealed on Thursday, and nothing is off the cards.

Stop acting like you know everything, you're in no position to deny people their hope.

drewhockley

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4339-2953-4831
Even after all this hyping? Sakurai may be a troll but he isn't stupid
Usually the characters are chosen from the beginning of development, this could be a rare case, but I'm not sure how that man's mind works, I'm not expecting more characters, but if we get more, awesome

Whiteface

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRealWhiteface
SOMEBODY hasn't watched the Direct.
Dood! Let's face it. DLC -isn't- Sakurai's call. Business is business. If DLC brings in more money for Nintendo (especially for a game as important as SSB) the powers that be will -ensure- that it happens. What that DLC will entail however, is anyone's guess

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Inb4 25 of the 50 things are Ridley because he's too big.

Anyway, Direct or not I hope we get info about the single player stuff, like the board game and Classic Mode (hopefully is longer than the 3DS Mode)

Gef

Smash Cadet
Oh my god a third of the comments are people with character predictions. We have the full roster. Sakurai officially stated there will be no character differences between versions. Idiots are setting themselves up for disappointment.

Gef

Smash Cadet
Sakurai's a troll but he's not stupid. He's knows that we know about them already, there's no real point. Especially if that's the only character reveal
Do you honestly think we are getting new characters? Is there something wrong with you? See a therapist, the denial is unhealthy.
...lol...

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Oh my god a third of the comments are people with character predictions. We have the full roster. Sakurai officially stated there will be no character differences between versions. Idiots are setting themselves up for disappointment.
No, he said they would share the same roster, which they will. He has never said that one version wouldn't have extra characters.

Also the wii u is dying, if there isn't more it's almost like he wants the wii u to die, modes and stages won't sell a game. Characters will

Gef

Smash Cadet
Somebody doesn't understand reasonable doubt. I doubt that anything Sakurai has ever said should be considered final, as should any sane person.

It might be reaching to actually expect more characters, but absolutely anything could be revealed on Thursday, and nothing is off the cards.

Stop acting like you know everything, you're in no position to deny people their hope.
The denial. It is strong. I love you and I want you to be happy, that's why I'm honest with you, friend.

Gef

Smash Cadet
No, he said they would share the same roster, which they will. He has never said that one version wouldn't have extra characters.

Also the wii u is dying, if there isn't more it's almost like he wants the wii u to die, modes and stages won't sell a game. Characters will
Not only have you made a statement that is utterly self-contradictory, you have also implied you understand business enough to be an authority that can dictate what nintendo can and cannot do. I don't need to say anything else to you, you've made it all very clear. I'm just gonna leave you in your own little fantasy land, buh-bye.

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Not only have you made a statement that is utterly self-contradictory, you have also implied you understand business enough to be an authority that can dictate what nintendo can and cannot do. I don't need to say anything else to you, you've made it all very clear. I'm just gonna leave you in your own little fantasy land, buh-bye.
K Bye, See you when you're proven wrong due to how obvious it is that there's more characters

Plus you're the one that started this

Last edited:

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
A fierce shining sound is heard, as a dashing figure appears from a hex and does a jumping slash on him.
"My strength is your's!"
Chrom Gets His Chance On This Day!
And then Wii Fit Trainer taps his shoulder from behind, Warriors him away, and does another thumbs up to the camera. "Wii Fit Trainer is Still in the Game!"

Cue logo and fade to black, and then a scene of her taking a break at Wii Fit Studio, drinking tears out of a sports drink bottle with a Villager eye sparkle.

But then...

"...WALUIGI TIEM!!"

"Waluigi WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAz in! ...He's both playable and an AT, by the way."

Johnny Test was also there. "Woah, didn't see that coming!" Shulk is then heard off-screen. "I did!"

And then the rest of the 50 things is more dumb **** Sakurai's dreams contained.

Last edited:

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
Mewtwo strikes back? Chorus Boys sing for battle? Ridley sizes up? Dixie hovers in? Cpatain Toad tracks the battle? Maxwell writes up the battle?
Smashboards crashes in..... coming?

Last edited:

xxEliteAlicexx

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xxEliteAlicexx
Yay! On a work day were I'll miss everything and the Internet will shout it all in a millsecond when I get back on! Sounds legit.
Usually what I do if I miss something important that I know will personally be spoiled if I get onto the internet is bookmark that site where there's no spoilers, for instance you can bookmark the nintendo direct site and come right home to watch it spoiler free. ^^ I hope this helps.

BADGRAPHICS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2406-5113-4228
The denial. It is strong. I love you and I want you to be happy, that's why I'm honest with you, friend.
Don't misunderstand, I'm not expecting anything. I'm not partaking in speculation here. I just get annoyed when people make definite claims one way or the other. For instance, it's just as wrong to say there are no more characters as it is to say there will be, because nobody actually knows that.

Just as it's wrong for you to claim you're being "honest", because you don't know anything either.

Pessimistic speculation is of no more worth than optimism, keep your ego in check.

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
Heyheyhey! You think you could get off his back for one second? He personally doesn't see how a playable Ridley could work. As long as he leaves it at that without the intent of offending others, then there should be no reason for you to call him near-sighted. Same goes for you, Aeon Lupin Aeon Lupin .

I'd given up on the Ridley hype a week after the full roster's reveal, but you don't see me running down the streets screaming "RIDLEY WILL NEVER HAPPENZ 4 SMESH WE YOO!!!"

Last edited:

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
What I want to happen:
Smash logo,
Fox is seen getting battered by a shadowy figure, the shadowy figure is revealed wit, to be Impa, Fox calls for backup, meanwhile aboard the Great Fox, a staff is seen, a arm grabs the staff, meanwhile, Impa has got Fox in a killing blow, when an Arwing soars above her, Impais distracted by the laser fire, Impa looks to the North, to see a figure unfurling the same staff, the camera pans up to reveal Krystal

Last edited:

xxEliteAlicexx

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xxEliteAlicexx
Don't misunderstand, I'm not expecting anything. I'm not partaking in speculation here. I just get annoyed when people make definite claims one way or the other. For instance, it's just as wrong to say there are no more characters as it is to say there will be, because nobody actually knows that.

Just as it's wrong for you to claim you're being "honest", because you don't know anything either.

Pessimistic speculation is of no more worth than optimism, keep your ego in check.
Lol well ****. GG

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I'm not expecting new characters or even trailers for secret newcomers but I am expecting a lot of new information concerning modes, Wii u exsclusive content like trophies, stages, online content, Wii u/3DS connectivity, and I do expect to see Ridley and Metal Face's fate resolved. I also expect A LOT of info on Amiibos. That way if we don't, I won't be dissapointed.

I wonder if the info will just be presented or maybe in a countdown from 50? With "1" bieng the last and most important/surprising bit if info. Would be pretty fun if it was done like that.

Luckily, I will have time in the morning to catch the live stream before work.

Last edited:

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
There's not really a huge chance of more characters coming in, but even if it happens, I couldn't really care since the game would be decent with or without them. If anything, hearing more about what's single player is compose of will be the highlight for me when it airs.

the101

Smash Journeyman
Outside Bandai Namco Studios with Binoculars...
3DS FC
4854-7073-5738
LOL you're so stupid -_- See "Differences Between Versions" in the Direct.
Name calling is rather childish, don't you think? And to be fair, I don't think anyone here sincerely believes there will be characters exclusive to the Wii U version. However, I think it's probable that there will be characters you unlock solely by connecting your 3DS version to your Wii U version, and you unlock them for both systems. If you just have the Wii U version, you will not have those characters. I can see these characters being released for DLC at a later date for the people who did not feel inspired to buy both versions.

Whether this comes to pass remains to be seen, but if it is done this way, Nintendo made an absolutely brilliant business decision. However, if this doesn't happen I will not be disappointed. The game's roster is fantastic as it is.

Gef

Smash Cadet

ooh oh I'm a pessimist now. Actually I'm a realist. Our man said no character discrepancy between versions. I made my comments because it seemed to me that nobody knew of this. I'll be right when Thursday comes and nobody gets their Ridley. You're playing the neutral party and getting likes, but what you're also doing is betraying honesty to feel good about yourself. I have no ego, only facts ^_^

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Well, it's a good thing I don't go to work until 10 p.m. later that night. So looking forward for some new tasty meals on the menu! xD

P.S. It's a pity that Ridley supporters are still holding up hope for his inclusion at some point.

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
I thinks the rumors about more stuff about the Wii U in a direct were... all opposite... Is a livestream!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
A FREAKING LIVESTREAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HYPE THE WII U TRAIN!

GaMeR N1CK

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3582-8458-4207
imagine an opening trailer with :wolf::snake::popo::lucas:
(eh, maybe the last one)

Top Bottom