• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros. Wii U 'Livestream Event' At 6:00 EST 10/23

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
God you Ridley haters really are a sad bunch, still holding on to your obsession to rain on the parade of anyone who wants this roster to become good.

drewhockley

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4339-2953-4831
God you Ridley haters really are a sad bunch, still holding on to your obsession to rain on the parade of anyone who wants this roster to become good.
the roster is fine as is, sp what if we have 5 clones, melee had 6, this roster is amazing, sure this roster didn't have everyone we wanted, they may be dlc down the road, or in the next game. "become good" seriously?

and im not a ridly hater, personally I don;t see ow he could be an all that great fighter, if we get more characters "ok cool", if we don't "ok fine",

PaperX

Smash Cadet
Not hating Ridley, in fact I couldn't have cared less whether he made it in or not, but the supporters who still think he has a chance of getting in are the ones making me sad. Let's face it: unless we get DLC characters, you'll have to wait for Smash 5 to (maybe) get him.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Could someone please tell me when it starts in Caracas, Venezuela? I'm not good with timezones.

Falm

Smash Rookie
Just a heads up, there won't be any new characters. The 3DS Roster is the final roster.
Anyways, I'm predicting Ridley to be confirmed.... as a stage hazard.
Sakurai said the 3DS and the WiiU would have the same roster, not that the 3ds had the final roster, so it really isn't impossible for him to add a new character to both versions.

ITALIAN N1NJA

Smash Ace
NNID
ITALIAN_N1NJA
3DS FC
3368-3413-2021
Just a heads up, there won't be any new characters. The 3DS Roster is the final roster.
All of us are aware of the statements Sakurai has put out regarding the character roster, but you need to keep in mind that Sakurai brakes his own rules all the time. A few examples:
-Sakurai puts out a statement claiming that just because Namco Bandai is working alongside Sora, this doesn't mean a Namco Bandai character will be in the game. *Pac-Man is later confirmed*
-Sakurai puts out multiple statements regarding clone characters and how he's trimming the fat. *cuts Lucas and Wolf, adds Lucina, Dr. Mario, Dark Pit, and Toon Link(I love Toon Link but I despise how he doesn't have a more unique moveset from Link)*

Those are just two prime examples. Yes Sakurai made "rules". He goes back on them quite frequently though.

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
I'm saying this now no newcomers. if you still think someone like ridely or Isaac is going to show up as playable don't count on it

RodNutTakin

Smash Ace
ROFL we've reached a new level of stupid. Hey buddy, there was this thing called Smash Bros Direct in April. Ever heard of it?
He meant this event, not the April Direct.

EDIT: When this post is 2 hours and 30 minutes old (give or take a few seconds,) the event will start.

Last edited:

Kingkool

Smash Apprentice
If you've ever uttered the word "Mewtwofag" then eat a **** cuz he's in

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
lol I do feel sorry for ridely fans and I DID say NO NEWCOMERS mew two is not a newcomer lol
Edit: stupid autocorrect

Last edited:

BADGRAPHICS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2406-5113-4228
Wow. This thread is chock-full of ridiculously high expectations. Anyone expecting a character reveal is going to be severely disappointed.
Oh my god a third of the comments are people with character predictions. We have the full roster. Sakurai officially stated there will be no character differences between versions. Idiots are setting themselves up for disappointment.
How does it feel?

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
Ridley is not a playable character... darn, but if you attack him enough, he'll fight at your side but on the other hand, Mewtwo is confirmed for Spring 2015, so I guess you can say it's called... Mewtwo Strikes Back *puts on shades* :mewtwopm::colorful::mewtwopm:

Mwa1

Smash Rookie
NNID
Slacker-2.0
Wait... did they really say I'm gonna have to buy a 3DS with a copy of the game if I want to play with Mewtwo on Wii U ? Basically a 240$ DLC lol

Newt Floss

Smash Journeyman
When me and others said new character, we meant character that wasn't in this Smash installment.
Then why didn't you say so? You were just confusing the rest of us. Be more specific next time. This misunderstanding is on you, buddy.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Then why didn't you say so? You were just confusing the rest of us. Be more specific next time. This misunderstanding is on you, buddy.
Seeing as I listed Mewtwo was one of the characters I wanted revealed, I thought it was pretty obvious. :p
so you will consider ice climbers wolf and them as newcomers? I see a big problem there if thats how you make it out to be
No, again, when I meant new character I meant character that wasn't in this smash installment.
Also, just pointing it out, the announcer said Mewtwo would be joining as a NEW FIGHTER anyway. :p

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
Seeing as I listed Mewtwo was one of the characters I wanted revealed, I thought it was pretty obvious. :p

No, again, when I meant new character I meant character that wasn't in this smash installment.
Also, just pointing it out, the announcer said Mewtwo would be joining as a NEW FIGHTER anyway. :p
thats still a dumb way to look at character like that a veteran is a character that have been in at least a past instalment of the the franchise still thats not how a newcomer should be seen as :L

Top Bottom