• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros. Wii U 'Livestream Event' At 6:00 EST 10/23

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Guys remember that if Sakurai thinks that only different game modes, stages, and better graphics will sell Smash Wii U then he is in for a rude awakening

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Guys remember that if Sakurai thinks that only different game modes, stages, and better graphics will sell Smash Wii U then he is in for a rude awakening
It isnt like a lot of people will get it anyway because not a lot of people have a wii u nor do they want to throw out 300 for one.

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
I'm really tempted to skip class that day...*grumbles*
Do it man! Digital make-believe characters being shown in a product that can be seen later anyway is WAY more important than your education!

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
True, but honestly, I don't get why Sakurai is so adamant about both games having the same rosters, shouldn't the Wii U version be superior in every way over the 3DS version
Oh maybe because he wants it to be fair to everyone? There is that.. Or, OH he wants people to like BOTH games?

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
I'm surprised no one has talked about Wolf in awhile.
or Lucas.

if Sakurai decided to add additional characters for the Wii U to transfer to the 3DS version, I think it would be just veterans. The tower of smash leak is been dead for awhile but i'm still impatient for more, I want Wolf, Lucas and Mewtwo to be shown.

drewhockley

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4339-2953-4831
Heyheyhey! You think you could get off his back for one second? He personally doesn't see how a playable Ridley could work. As long as he leaves it at that without the intent of offending others, then there should be no reason for you to call him near-sighted. Same goes for you, Redgohan147.

I'd given up on the Ridley hype a week after the full roster's reveal, but you don't see me running down the streets screaming "RIDLEY WILL NEVER HAPPENZ 4 SMESH WE YOO!!!"
This guy gets it, I'm not saying it's definitely not happening, I just doubt it, it could happen, but I don't care if it doesn't

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
If he is a stage hazard, would you still be happy? I mean, he would be acknowledged to some degree. Probably not in the way you want but, At least that is better then nothing
It's actually worse than nothing, at least if he's not on the game, he's not being pegged down to some degrading role.

And, god, you annoying, worthless Ridley haters just don't give up, do you? Not talking about you Alpaca, only a comment on the amount of draconian anti-Ridley comments on this thread and how disgusting it is.

Last edited:

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
My guess is that most of the 50 things is just stages. :laugh:
Anyway... HYPE!
Calling it right now:
'Ridley, makes it big!'
'Mewtwo, strikes back!'
'Dixie Kong, whirls her hair!'
'Chorus Kids, make the audition!'
'Impa, flips onto the scene!'

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
It's actually worse than nothing, at least if he's not on the game, he's not being pegged down to some degrading role.

And, god, you annoying, worthless Ridley haters just don't give up, do you? Not talking about you Alpaca, only a comment on the amount of draconian anti-Ridley comments on this thread and how disgusting it is.
Well I wouldn't call them annoying and worthless. That attitude will only bring more backlash. It is best to just ignore them but also It is wise not to get so angry about Ridely not getting the spot you want. I dont know about you, but I would of been happy if Layton at just a trophy, at least he was being recognized

NATGamer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NATGamer
3DS FC
3737-9639-8538
I honestly think we are going to get new modes, stages, etc, but then when we think it's all over, Sakurai will surprise us with something which could be DLC or something completely unexpected. Can't wait for Thursday (why won't time go by FASTER?!) :smash:

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
But then, a massive harmonic soundwave blasts the cannonball away and the King stumbles over!

Chorus Kids Steal the Show!
But then, a sudden creature lands holding a spear!

Bandana Dee, readies his spear!
(Was I already beat to the punch? :p )
Also, too anyone who thinks the roster is final, remember that DLC and updates exist.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Well I wouldn't call them annoying and worthless. That attitude will only bring more backlash. It is best to just ignore them but also It is wise not to get so angry about Ridely not getting the spot you want. I dont know about you, but I would of been happy if Layton at just a trophy, at least he was being recognized
As a fellow Layton fan, they're not the same. Although Layton's my most-wanted newcomer, he barely has a chance to make it in, and he doesn't have that much of a gigantic fanbase request. But Ridley, though, he's the villain of one of Nintendo's biggest series, he's heavily-requested and a Nintendo All-Star, Ridley not being in the game as playable is really weird, while even though Layton deserves it, there's some reasons.

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
I don't want to be that guy but.. don't invest your hopes on a new character(s)... because you might set your self up for disappointment.. :/

NNID
Majorasmask66
ooh oh I'm a pessimist now. Actually I'm a realist. Our man said no character discrepancy between versions. I made my comments because it seemed to me that nobody knew of this. I'll be right when Thursday comes and nobody gets their Ridley. You're playing the neutral party and getting likes, but what you're also doing is betraying honesty to feel good about yourself. I have no ego, only facts ^_^
BANG - BANG

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Oh maybe because he wants it to be fair to everyone? There is that.. Or, OH he wants people to like BOTH games?
Fair to everyone??!!, Reality check, Sakurai should know that handheld versions can drag down console games, what's more important to Nintendo, Smash 3DS sales, for a plarform that's perfectly fine, or sales on a console that needs the sales boost of Smash, Wii U needs Smash to be the best Smash it can be,

D

Deleted member

ooh oh I'm a pessimist now. Actually I'm a realist. Our man said no character discrepancy between versions. I made my comments because it seemed to me that nobody knew of this. I'll be right when Thursday comes and nobody gets their Ridley. You're playing the neutral party and getting likes, but what you're also doing is betraying honesty to feel good about yourself. I have no ego, only facts ^_^
Do you get a kick out of raining on people's parades? Go find something better to do.

GdspdUblkprzdnt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GdspdUblkprzdnt
Let's put aside our differences and cease our squabbling. Let's all take into account what's really important. Soon, very soon, we'll be able to sit on our comfortable couches, surrounded by the lovely people in our lives, with snacks and refreshments of our choosing, and enjoy the smash brothers series in HD for the first time. It will be grand, fellows. It will be grand.

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
Do you get a kick out of raining on people's parades? Go find something better to do.
ok let me tell you something important the truth hurts i did not get my character so why try and hope for something that will not happen sorry but like it happens to be we have our final roster until further notice and I do think this direct will not be talking about any new character... but if so don't get your hopes too high you will only hurt your self

D

Deleted member

You're right. Theres a chance. However, he's stating it isnt likley.
No, he's being narcissitic and obnoxious. He knows just as little as the rest of us about what Nintendo might do, and they have done plenty of unexpected things before.

Last edited by a moderator:
NNID
Majorasmask66
ok let me tell you something important the truth hurts i did not get my character so why try and hope for something that will not happen sorry but like it happens to be we have our final roster until further notice and I do think this direct will not be talking about any new character... but if so don't get your hopes too high you will only hurt your self
Exactly.

D

Deleted member

No, what you are saying is not the "truth." It is speculation, just the same as everyone else's speculation. If people want to have hope for certain things, who are you to tell them they are wrong? Is their speculation hurting you? Nobody needs you to save them from being let down, so why don't you stop being a wet blanket and quit it.

Last edited by a moderator:

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
No, what you are saying is not the "truth." It is speculation, just the same as everyone else's speculation. If people want to have hope for certain things, who are you to tell them they are wrong? Is their speculation hurting you? Nobody needs you to save them from being let down, so why don't you stop being a wet blanket and quit it.
Agreed, does the missing Smash data on 3DS mean anything?, or the green & yellow arrows

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
As a fellow Layton fan, they're not the same. Although Layton's my most-wanted newcomer, he barely has a chance to make it in, and he doesn't have that much of a gigantic fanbase request. But Ridley, though, he's the villain of one of Nintendo's biggest series, he's heavily-requested and a Nintendo All-Star, Ridley not being in the game as playable is really weird, while even though Layton deserves it, there's some reasons.
But the main difference between Layton and Ridely is that Professor Layton is popular in both Japan and the West where Metroid is only popular in the West. It is sad Layton doesn't have a chance but its even worse for ridely considering Japan doest really care for the metroid series.

yo22sonic

Smash Rookie
People are saying 50 new things were does it say 50 new things ? Sorry im a noob who cant find the info :(

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
Lol you don't have to be so angry about it I'm not trying to **** on anyones character or anything I'm just saying don't get your hopes too high they may show some one different. don't take everything we say so hard lol

Top Bottom