• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Demo Impressions - Positives

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
You can charge smashes with the C-Stick. A very small feature, but one that I always thought should have been in from the beginning!
I remember that was already available in Brawl, if you used the Gamecube controller like I did. Since it had its own C-stick.

SmashHole '82

Banned via Warnings
I still can't believe I was able to play the 3DS version! Every single advert specified the Wii U version only! Which meant, like me, many others completely overlooked the quiet, huddled corner of the 3DS version, which also meant that the lineup for THAT ended up being 10 times shorter than the Wii U one! I played it 3 times in 2 hours, 45 minutes.
Anyway, I loved the 3DS demo. The controls were very smooth and crisp, with great sound, but the graphics just blew me away (all 60 frames-per-second of them), so clear and colorful, and I had no trouble with the size of the sprites on-screen.
Please, for the love of god, Nintendo, release this demo AS a demo, to everyone, everywhere, like, NOW!

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
I remember that was already available in Brawl, if you used the Gamecube controller like I did. Since it had its own C-stick.
Obviously you could use smashes with the C-stick, but you were always limited to uncharged with this method; you couldn't hold the C-stick in a direction to charge a smash. This has become possible in Smash 4, however

Beats

Smash Cadet
Obviously you could use smashes with the C-stick, but you were always limited to uncharged with this method; you couldn't hold the C-stick in a direction to charge a smash. This has become possible in Smash 4, however
You could still charge smashes with the C-stick by simultaneously holding Z. It's just that now the option to do fully uncharged smashes is made a bit harder for some.

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Pretty much amazing. The newcomers look awesome, and I'm digging the changes Pit the vets got. The characters seem to have much more balanced movesets then before, the stages are much more banned interesting, and Smash Run is a ton of fun.

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
Compared to Brawl, the speed and movement of the game is all around better. It's not melee, but it is improved noticably.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
So, my group and I were fairly lucky today. When we showed up around noon, there were maybe 20 less people in line than Wednesday (maybe only about 40-50). We waited about an hour and a half before we got the 3DS version and then let another group go so all 3 of us could play together. We left around 2:10 and got something to eat. I returned with one less friend in tow at about 4:00 and there were all of 7 people in line. We waited about 15 minutes and the got to play, and then we got back in line and were next (this happened 3 times). Our last round consisted of only one two minute game as they wanted to pack up, but we got to play 7 additional two minute games of the Wii U version. This in conjunction with earlier that day gave us 9 total Wii U games (10 counting that day's 3DS game). Needless to say, we were stoked. This was great after only getting two 2 minute rounds on Wednesday (plus Smash Run, 13 games overall!).

I got to play as every newcomer available at least twice (I played Greninja three times, however). I will add onto some things I said in my post about Wednesday (in the original topic, now locked).

- Little Mac is not complete crap in air. I actually managed to land some aerials fairly competently in today's game and they aren't awful. Not a ton of power, though. His Down Air may be a meteor, but the timing is quite precise. The main issue is that they are slow which is a pretty big contrast to his quick ground moves. His grab is very quick. Up Throw into Up Special works quite well.

- Rosalina and Luma does not require a tremendous learning curve as I thought she we would. She seemed fairly straight forward to use. She is floatier than some other characters. Her Smash moves have decent power and range.

- Wii Fit Trainer is awesome. Her moves are a little weird, but seem to have good range. Her Side Special is the soccer ball/volleyball. Sun Salutation is the Standard Special, chargeable. Her grab is really pretty funny.

- Megaman is fantastic. Crash Bomber is useful and can stick to surfaces. Grab is amusing and throws are powerful. Down and Up Aerials are projectiles and are very satisfying. Final Smash still drives everyone crazy. Dash Attack is quite useful.

- All of the revealed Villager outfits were playable. I played as the death stare Villager today (2nd Male costume).

- 3DS version seemed faster than Wii U version. Both faster than Brawl, with the Wii U version closer to Brawl and 3DS version closer to Melee.

- Pro Contoller is great. Wednesday was the first time I ever used one so it seemed foreign. Today it felt great. The C-Stick placement felt natural after only 3-4 matches or so. If it weren't for that fact that the Pro Controller is $50 (compared to the price for the new gamecube controllers Nintendo is about to release, about $30, I would get them.

- Saw the Dark Samus Assist Trophy about 5 times. No luck on Chunky Kong, but we were looking. I personally got Metroid and Tingle.

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
- 3DS version seemed faster than Wii U version. Both faster than Brawl, with the Wii U version closer to Brawl and 3DS version closer to Melee.
You know, now that you mention it, I agree. The 3DS isn't quite Melee but I wa noticing a speed difference with Marth between the wii u and 3DS,

HipsandChips

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5172-0569-0749
Me and my friends visited the Best Buy in Blaine today, and did 3 rounds of Wii U timed, and 3 of Smash run.

I was incredibly impressed by the creativity of the mode, being something no one ever thought of, yet makes so much sense. I was skeptical of how the game would play on handheld, but it was just as smooth and fluent as console.
I don't know what exclusive modes will be announced still, but right now it's looking like 3DS will be the one I log the most hours into based on Smash Run and portability.
I will say though the Wii U graphics were incredible.
Speaking character wise- while a lot of final smashes I wished had been changed remained, it seems they all changed in some little way for the better.
Bowser and DK, two of my favorites seem heavily buffed as a whole with new speed and attack power.
WIi Fit Trainer and LIttle Mac are looking to be my new favorites.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
I was incredibly impressed by the creativity of the mode, being something no one ever thought of, yet makes so much sense. I was skeptical of how the game would play on handheld, but it was just as smooth and fluent as console.
I don't know what exclusive modes will be announced still, but right now it's looking like 3DS will be the one I log the most hours into based on Smash Run and portability.
Yeah, I agree. Smash Run seems like a huge time sink. It was fun and varied. One of my friends came across break the targets in Smash Run. There's just so much going on; it's going to eat my life come October 3rd.

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
Yeah, I agree. Smash Run seems like a huge time sink. It was fun and varied. One of my friends came across break the targets in Smash Run. There's just so much going on; it's going to eat my life come October 3rd.
Wait, break the targets is in smash run? Wow, there is sooooooo much stuff in that mode it isn't even funny. One of my doors today was a room just filled with large attack bonuses. Probably 12 in all. The randomization and metroidvania style makes this one of my favorite things to ever come to smash.

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
To start with, I never had a problem with how Brawl played except for tripping, guess I'm just that casual :p

-Mega Man & Little Mac both felt like characters I was immediately comfortable with, like their distinct playstyles was somehow never an issue to adjust to. I think part of this was playing Brawl with classic controller enough times to have adjusted to diamond formation face buttons by now.
-While designed as a multiplayer mode, Smash Run can in fact be played solo against AI. I fore see this becoming quite a time killer for me.
-Egg Robo confirmed enemy in Smash Run. http://sonic.wikia.com/wiki/Eggrobo Actually didn't see it myself but the guy next to me did.
-That said guy was nerdy enough to know Egg Robos by name is a positive in my book.

Last edited:

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
Wednesday

Everyone was screaming during intense moments. People in line who couldn't see the TV were all screaming with them like "OOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!" even though nobody knew what was going on. Was funny. Got sore throat now. Uhm... The game looked SUPER SMOOTH. Fluid. Playing it, even better! The animations this time around are so, liquid-like. Everything flows and is not... mmm, say mechanical? as previous games. Like everything blends. Every movement in the game highlights that you did it by some special effect, cuts in the air and everything. All beautiful and the game lets you make sure of that. I played as Samus. I was going to be Samus and Sheik, but I only got 1 round (and Sheik wasn't in the demo). Some people snapped screens of it, but it was forbidden. I almost got them twice, could have, but you know what's the point really. Everyone used Pro controllers. I wasn't used to it. I didn't play too good. It was like 1 minute trying to get used to it and the last minute getting items thrown at you. No time to test anything. But it was nice. No tripping. Something was so satisfying about it, just like I knew. The animations flowed every move like butter, but connecting hits felt fluid and fast, too. Can't explain it.

Saturday

Played a bit of the 3ds version. Surprisingly my worries of the circle pad have been solved. It actually works and feels precise. It's faster than Brawl, but slower than the Wii U version.

Then I played Mario when it was my go on the Wii U version. I got the final smash twice, but I couldn't activate it. Can't say enough how gorgeous it looks in front of you running in 1080p 60fps. It's so fluid. The effects and animations are eye candy. It's the perfect speed. Melee is too fast to appreciate any of that.

So some characters like Sheik are actually in the 3DS demo. Wish I had time with her.

There were also these.

- Mario Kart 8 flag
-3D World Cat Ears, 3D World stickers
-SSB4 Pin & Stickers
-Paper Mario Sticker Star booklet with actual stickers
-Other kinds of Animal Crossing QR codes and Wii Fit U headbands and stuff
-Pre-order the game this day or smash fest on saturday, get Smash Bros emblem Gold Coin at release. Pre-order both versions, get a coin for each.
-Deals, such as 30 bucks off Wii U, 20 bucks off Wii U games, etc.

Last edited:

MrGanon

Smash Rookie
To start with, I never had a problem with how Brawl played except for tripping, guess I'm just that casual :p
Oh thank you dear god, someone else is casual on the forum. On topic though, this faster gameplay sounds appealing (my brawl main is falco, imo he's one of the fastest characters in the game and he's still damn slow). Greninja and Sheik look epic.

Warp Star Lover

Smash Cadet
The gameplay felt like Melee, but slower, That's not the whole picture, though...it also felt unfinished.

There was something off about the collision detection - all of it. Hits, platform contact, ledge hangs...it all felt not-quite-right.

The 3DS version was a totally different story. The gameplay felt close to perfect there, but the controls weren't nearly as responsive - kind of a worn-out analog stick/way low sensitivity feeling.

As for the rest of the experience, I loved it! Art style was like a Melee HD upgrade. Good music, great items, expressive characters. Out of the six chars. I tried (Kirby, ZSS, Marth, Pikachu, Fox, Link) I liked Link the most. He was responsive and gave out good damage. Fox was the worst - fast, but WAY too light. Felt like you could send him over the edge with a faint puff of breath...

If they can smooth out the core gameplay, it's a winner in my book (please note that I am not a competitive player, but I am a big Melee fan :)).

EDIT: Does it really need saying at this point? Mega Man final smash was INSANE! Got to see it twice!

Last edited:

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622

-Mega Man & Little Mac both felt characters I was immediately comfortable with, like their distinct playstyles was somehow never an issue to adjust to. I think part of this was playing Brawl with classic controller enough times to have adjusted to diamond formation face buttons by now.
-While designed as a multiplayer mode, Smash Run can in fact be played solo against AI. I fore see this becoming quite a time killer for me.
-Egg Robo confirmed enemy in Smash Run. http://sonic.wikia.com/wiki/Eggrobo Actually didn't see it myself but the guy next to me did.
-That said guy was nerdy enough to know Egg Robos by name is a positive in my book.
Yay! Eggrobo! I really hope the Sonic series gets more representation this time around, Brawl hardly represented the series, no items or Adventure mode stages or bosses, Dr. Eggman would've made a great boss.

Dr.Turtle

Smash Cadet
Don't know if this already came up, but Giratina was a Pokéball Pokémon. He used some tornado move to blow the players off stage. And Koffing was an enemy in Smash Run.

Peru

Smash Cadet
NNID
Peru_El_Campeon
3DS FC
2750-1137-6520
I liked that the game play moved pretty solid on the 3DS version. I didn't receive any lag and was good to go during the whole 2 matches that I had

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
The game is definitely better than Brawl already, as a base concept. It's unfortunate that one of Smash's gameplay highlights, the off-stage and ledge game, is basically gone, but the on-stage game is more engaging than Brawl's by a long-shot. The ground game especially is where the game shines, being very fast. The new pivot mechanics may be our wave-dash replacement, and if so, that's fine by me. However, the game is still far, far closer to Brawl than Melee, which I hope they change because I want this to be its own thing.

The Pro controller is certainly usable, but it's obviously not built for the game like the GameCube controller or N64 controller are. It'll definitely be a viable pick, as the Classic Controller Pro is, but tournament players will certainly prefer the GameCube controller, as always. No shame there. Definitely give the Pro a shot if you liked using the Classic Controller, though.

Little Mac is satisfying. Very satisfying. I only got one match as him, but everything about him just feels right. Landing attacks has this great feeling of impact and really feels like you're delivering powerful blows. This extends to other characters, as well. Every attack has a very appropriate, satisfying impact and exaggerated sound effect, much like 64 or Melee. Swords actually sound and feel like they're cutting and slashing, not like you're whacking a pillow with a newspaper roll, like in Brawl. The sound effects have always been one of the most enthralling elements of Smash, in my opinion, and I really don't like how nothing in Brawl felt very satisfying. In this game, everything feels like it should. Explosions feel like explosions. Villager's dash attack actually feels like you're smashing a ceramic pot in the opponent's face. Little Mac's KO uppercut is the most satisfying thing in existence. Yes, even more than the Falcon Punch (which I am very excited to see adapted into this game).

The new ledge changes are something I'm very skeptical about, but the potential depth that this game has as a doubles event has me pretty excited.

The Nintendo rep was at my location both days. I got a pretty good impression of him. He was taking notes (both mental and physical) when I gave him my feedback. He seemed genuinely curious about any and all opinions, and recognized the elements that Melee players were looking for. He did seem pretty skeptical, however, whenever I mentioned things such as the odd hitstun/hitlag, speed, and knockback, as if he felt like these problems weren't problems at all. When I said that it was probably still a bit too much like Brawl, his reply about tripping being gone and the game being (just a tad) faster than Brawl had a surprised tone, and gave off this vibe that makes me suspect that Nintendo expected these changes would be "enough". It's certainly a start, which I was very quick to express my gratitude for, but it's a bit worrying that that's supposed to be "enough". All things considered, the game is still very close to Brawl. Anyway, the rep was very pleasant and I couldn't be more appreciative of his curiosity and understanding.

Last edited:

Coonce

Smash Apprentice
The smash run mode is fun and goofy. It's pretty entertaining getting stupid amounts of speed. I kind of wish it would also be in the Wii U version. ._.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Some things I forgot to mention:

- All Assist Trophies seem to be able to be attacked. When I attacked Midna she was pushed away from me (it didn't stop her from attacking) and I was even able to hit her into the air. It also seemed people were hitting the Metroid I sent out.

- A lot of things seem to have armor now. A lot of Bowser's attacks have armor. Pit's Upperdash Arm has armor (I learned this the hard way in a sudden death match). Holy mother of mercy, the Homerun Bat has armor now.

- The new ledge mechanics may seem strange, but they saved my ass more than once. I was never a fan of ledgehogging anyway.

- Blue Shell item is pretty evil. You can target yourself if you're in first place and throw it. I saw someone kill themself this way. It's got nasty range on it's explosion.

- The Smart Bomb, my god, the smart bomb. It's explosion radius has almost doubled.

- Rosalina's Up Special is a little hard to angle. SD'd once trying to recover: shot her downward over the other side of the platform.

- I was part of the only two 4-player Sudden Death matches the Nintendo rep had seen at this Smash Fest location. She commented the first time it happened to tell us. Then it happened again a few matches later.

Last edited:

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
The Homerun Bat has armor now.

- Blue Shell item is pretty evil. You can target yourself if you're in first place and throw it. I saw someone kill themself this way. It's got nasty range on it's explosion.
The Homerun Bat has armor now?!!That's kinda funny.So we can now throw each other into it without them hitting the guy with bat, MUAHAHAHAHA!
Also would you or anyone happen to know:does the blue shell target by % or stocks?

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
The Homerun Bat has armor now?!!That's kinda funny.So we can now throw each other into it without them hitting the guy with bat, MUAHAHAHAHA!
Also would you or anyone happen to know:does the blue shell target by % or stocks?
I'd imagine stocks, unless someone was tied and then it would move on to percentage.
We only had access to time battles (so we didn't know our placing off hand), but it didn't seem to go off percentage. To be honest, though, my memory for that fact isn't very good.

infomon

Smash Scientist
^^ regionalization. Different voice actors, spellings, etc. Honestly, I think everyone should have been given the Japanese version, because now everyone in the USA is complaining about voice actors etc., even though it's just a demo.....

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
- All Assist Trophies seem to be able to be attacked. When I attacked Midna she was pushed away from me (it didn't stop her from attacking) and I was even able to hit her into the air. It also seemed people were hitting the Metroid I sent out.
I saw Midna get hit by a Little Mac K.O. uppercut. It was glorious.

DrizzyDrew

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3772-7996-8482
These are my impressions and spoilers its awesome! I alos got a chance to play my main kirby and newcomer greninja. I also give character imrpessions of these two

Wallyaldo

Smash Rookie
WiiU
-Played as Mega Man against three other people in free for all with items on (which were surprisingly less intrusive than I thought they would be)
-Mega Man controlled faster than I thought he would, also took some time to get used to the fact that almost all of his moves are projectiles
-His side smash charge shot moves and was way stronger than I would have expected it to
-His hard knuckle down air comes out with kind of odd timing, and seems that it doesn't always work as a meteor smash depending on where you hit it
-Little Mac was one of my opponents, and he moves super fast, or so I felt that he did
-Wii Fit Trainer, another one of my opponents, has a fairly solid recovery using side B followed by up B I think it was?
-Overall the game was faster than Brawl, and felt faster to build up percentage and get knocked out than in Brawl, but not up to the speed of Melee

3DS
-Played as Greninja against 3 CPUs in Free for All, but don't remember if there were even any items (if so there were very little)
-Greninja felt slightly slower than I thought he would move, but was still fine to play as since I was able to win the match anyway
-Don't remember too much specifically of Greninja but the game itself controlled really well and played super smooth
-Preordered this version while I was there, looking forward to play more of it

NFTsmasher

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Shoob24
The Nintendo rep was at my location both days. I got a pretty good impression of him. He was taking notes (both mental and physical) when I gave him my feedback. He seemed genuinely curious about any and all opinions, and recognized the elements that Melee players were looking for. He did seem pretty skeptical, however, whenever I mentioned things such as the odd hitstun/hitlag, speed, and knockback, as if he felt like these problems weren't problems at all. When I said that it was probably still a bit too much like Brawl, his reply about tripping being gone and the game being (just a tad) faster than Brawl had a surprised tone, and gave off this vibe that makes me suspect that Nintendo expected these changes would be "enough". It's certainly a start, which I was very quick to express my gratitude for, but it's a bit worrying that that's supposed to be "enough". All things considered, the game is still very close to Brawl. Anyway, the rep was very pleasant and I couldn't be more appreciative of his curiosity and understanding.
I think this kind of response just goes to show that he is a marketing rep and not an actual dev. And probably not having played Melee, Brawl, AND this new demo very much recently and knowing a lot about their comparative speeds etc, he probably didn't have a decent response for the more intricate details that you asked about and just repeated what info he was sure about.

Joe73191

Smash Journeyman
Sm4sh has a lot of potential and will definitely be bigger than brawl ever was. I have high hopes for the game. I am going to the midnight release for sure.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Time for a big post!
My friend and I were actually able to go to E3 this year, and we dedicated the entire last day to both versions of Smash. We made sure to play as every character and play on every stage.
Okay, go!
  • Love the new Bowser! Moves a lot faster, as expected. I love the changes to his individual moves as well. His faster up-air in particular I really like for some reason. It doesn't have as much KO power, but being able to effectively juggle opponents with Bowser is really satisfying. Giga Bowser is also interesting. I like that they kept Bowser's old moveset on Giga Bowser. It makes him seem much more monstrous by comparison! I'm also glad they did that because seeing Giga Bowser with regular Bowser's new moveset would've looked weird. And Bowser now has is own victory music! Overall my favorite character from what I experienced. I even won a Smash Bros. medal with him!
  • 3DS version is more comfortable than I thought it would be. Though I found it annoying to do quick aerials. I'm just too used to the c-stick, really. Hopefully there'll be Circlpad Pro functionality so that I can use a c-stick equivalent.
  • I like the nerfs to Pikachu's down-B. The lightning bolt is not as tall and seems to have much less knockback to it. Really glad they made those changes. Made all of those forced free-for-alls a little more tolerable.
  • Rosalina worked surprisingly well independently. I expected her to be not very good without the Luma, but with or without it she seemed good enough and was overall fun to use.
  • Fox's new voice sounds extremely silly to me, but I love it for that. This is probably just me. :p
  • I'm very happy about the removal of swimming. As dumb as it looks to see anybody (Especially Greninja) just fall through water like a weight, I prefer having easily reachable lower death boundaries. Makes Tortimer Island much more enjoyable for me.
  • Reset Bomb Forest is everything I hoped it to be. The atmosphere, the music, the layout, everything about it really. Easily my favorite stage from the 3DS version. My only complaint would be that I wish it would stay on the pre-Reset Bomb layout a bit longer as I prefer that platform layout compared to the second phase.
  • Even after all of the matches I did I only got to play on Pilotwings once! It was the stage I was most looking forward to too. Anyway, from my experience Pilotwings seems like a very fair stage. I really love relatively static stages with cool backgrounds like this, Lylat Cruise, and Halberd. I like the red plane with the two layer of platforms; it offers some fun mix-ups with playstyle. Now anyone can shark! Gotta pay attention to the background though! I didn't, and it made the change from one plane to the other all the more surprising! If you see it coming though it's easy to prepare for, and the transition isn't all that intrusive.
  • I love Villager's back and forward-aerials! Having projectiles for a-attacks is pretty interesting altogether, which is why I really like Megaman as well. They're also surprisingly powerful moves! Up-smash fireworks I also really like. Surprisingly quick! Villager's my overall favorite newcomer. Though, to be fair, I only got to play as Greninja once.
  • I really like using Megaman in the air. His up-air is really interesting, and his forward-air is quick and reliable. I was worried he wouldn't even be usable in the slightest in close-quarters combat, but that forward-air at least gives him something usable.
  • Pit is actually able to kills things! Upperdash Arm was a welcome change, and is actually a pretty solid move. Very strong! His arrows travel much slower. Not too sure how I feel about that actually. On one hand it makes them a bit easier to control, on the other it makes them easier to react to. That aside, after Bowser, Pit's my favorite of the veterans at this point.
  • Wii-U Battlefield is gorgeous. I could just stare at the background for awhile.
  • I know most of you guys had to play with the Pro-Controller. I've read mixed feelings about it. Just to reassure everyone even more, Gamecube controller still feels great. I felt right at home after one match to get used to the new engine.
  • I laughed out loud the first time I saw the new screen KOs! I overall really love the more cartoony (Dare I say, Nintendo-y?) aesthetic feel of the game. It doesn't make the game look any less gorgeous-looking either.
  • I have a more air-centered fighting style. Too me, Little Mac was so foreign and frustrating that it was actually kind of fun in hindsight. Really made me think when I used him. Can't wait to get better acquainted once the game(s) actually comes out!
  • I love that some Assist Trophies like Saki and Magnus can actually be attacked! It makes them seem much more fair, and it makes them feel more like they're actually "there." Not sure how exactly to phrase that...I'll just go with that.
  • The victory screen seems much more...I'm not really sure how to put it..."dramatic" maybe? Anyway, I love the flash and *thump* of the victor's name.
That's everything I can think of right now that really stood out to me...should've done this right when I got back on Thursday...

Edit: Oh, how could I forget!? Zelda! I really like the overall changes to her. She seems faster, and it makes her much more fun to use overall. Phantom is pretty cool, though it doesn't go as far as I expected it would, even fully charged. Not sure if she's better per se, but I do at least like using her now unlike in Melee and Brawl.

Last edited:

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
I still can't believe I was able to play the 3DS version! Every single advert specified the Wii U version only! Which meant, like me, many others completely overlooked the quiet, huddled corner of the 3DS version, which also meant that the lineup for THAT ended up being 10 times shorter than the Wii U one! I played it 3 times in 2 hours, 45 minutes.
Anyway, I loved the 3DS demo. The controls were very smooth and crisp, with great sound, but the graphics just blew me away (all 60 frames-per-second of them), so clear and colorful, and I had no trouble with the size of the sprites on-screen.
Please, for the love of god, Nintendo, release this demo AS a demo, to everyone, everywhere, like, NOW!
I really hope they don't release this unfinished, early-build Demo to homes, the Brawl 2.0-ers would have their way with it and start dissing the game even more.

Roshambo

Smash Rookie
The first time I played I struggled to get used to that controller. I actually attempted to use mega mans recovery but instead Up aired right off the level..... The second time I actually got my hands on the 3ds and fell in love instantly! The feel was great. I loved the fact the landing lag after an air dodge was so dramatic and so punishable. This definitely shows this game is moving away from its defensive feel in brawl.....
So for the second time on the wii Us sticks I was really able to learn and focused on punishing air dodges. And another thing I noticed.....OMG the villagers Tree has hitboxes out the wazoo lol. Overall really enjoyed the game and am looking forward to playing again in October!

D

Deleted member

I just noticed the "Negatives" thread has almost twice as many responses as this one. *sigh*

I guess as a species we just like to complain...

Mooplet

Smash Journeyman
I just noticed the "Negatives" thread has almost twice as many responses as this one. *sigh*

I guess as a species we just like to complain...

Hey, hey! Definitely not going to bring any arguments here- just sayin' that a 4-page thread vs. a 2-page thread most likely doesn't say anything about our species or human nature.

That being said, I'm really excited for all of the designs and animations of the characters, new and old- I think the animations are cleaner and faster than Brawl's, and I like the color choices for things like the off-screen... death... beam explosion... things. (can't remember what that's called :))

I think the game is going to be beautiful, and so far it seems that it'll definitely be taking advantage of the Wii U hardware!

D

Deleted member

That being said, I'm really excited for all of the designs and animations of the characters, new and old- I think the animations are cleaner and faster than Brawl's, and I like the color choices for things like the off-screen... death... beam explosion... things. (can't remember what that's called :))

I think the game is going to be beautiful, and so far it seems that it'll definitely be taking advantage of the Wii U hardware!
I am too. I love how the characters emote now. Before, each character had like 3 expressions. Just a shame Dedede wasn't in the demo, he's really taking advantage of that.

Top Bottom