• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros Direct on April 8th, 3pm PST!!

gamer8

Smash Lord
That's messed up, D-idara. Don't wish bad things upon Sakurai because of one thing. I can tell you right now he's made a lot of fans happy with this direct. Just calm down and look at the positives, all the other things we got from the direct. Really, were you only planning on getting the game for Ridley? Just makes me mad that you wish those kinds of things would happen to Sakurai just because Ridley is supposedly deconfirmed. He's a great guy, and it's messed up that you would say those things.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
[Note="D-idara, post: 16582395, member: 212386"]Ridley was only second in importance to Megaman for Smash4, so yes, the game's ruined.

The Wii U version won't sell, Sakurai took out THE MAIN CHARACTER OF POKEMON, we got a disconfirmation of the most important remaining Nintendo All-Star but got an unimportant character as a newcomer, the soundtrack sounds like it sucks, Palutena's Temple sucks, PYROSPHERE sucks hard, the new items suck horribly, Rosalina's FS isn't the black hole, Pit's FS isn't the Great Sacred Treasure.

The amazing FSes of Kirby and Megaman are not enough to make up for the load of **** that this Direct was, Smash 4 is going to be one of the worst games of videogame history because Sakurai refused to listen to reason, EVEN IF RIDLEY was really playable after all, that wouldn't make up for him playing a twisted game with the fans' expectations, no game modes, no Final Smash, no music, no awesome fanservice, NOTHING, EVER, EVER, NOTHING WILL MAKE UP FOR THIS, NOTHING! SMASH4 SUCKS AND SAKURAI SUCKS! I just hope that tendinitis hurries up so he can't touch another game ever.[/quote]

I'm surprised that you've turned so bitter about this. You were usually positive about everything...

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Interesting thing to note about music:

Arrangement in RED are newly composed for Smash Bros. Wii U.
Arrangement in
GREY are arranged tracks from PAST Smash Bros games.
And Original are from source games- directly.

You may have also heard the new re-rearrangement of Area 6 in the direct.

It looks like they aren't gimping music. Thankfully.

I also just noticed this, but anyone notice the "Smash Bros for Wii U" logo? I'm guessing it's pointing out this is a stage on Wii U... So does that mean we'll be able to transfer or even cross-unlock stages on both platforms? Or is it just tagging it as EXCLUSIVE and stages such as Boxing Ring won't have ANY tag on them.
Nice eye. For your last point, probably the latter. He said that stages that are shared across platforms will have different aesthetics (and which user has been saying that for months now?) What my little eye spies, and quite enjoys, is that little default button at the top mapped to the 'Y' button. Probably means you can set the default song so if you press that button while the stage is loading, that song will be the one to play. THAT, my firends, is something I have been wanting for a long time now.

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
I LOVED EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS DIRECT

IT WAS PRETTY MUCH PERFECT

The Greninja character board will be my new home.
I can't wait to play as shiny Greninja (assuming that'll be one of his alt. colors).

Sheik, two Pokémon reps, improved online, Charizard, an epic character reveal trailer (revealing two characters), bombchu as an item the list goes on.

Thanks Sakurai!

I even like how they'll spend significantly more time on the wii U version: this game will be amazing.

Last edited:
Well, the hitstun cancelling technique returned from brawl.
People can now cancel hitstun with an air dodge or attack much sooner than expected( what is the point of having hitstun if you can just cancel it frame 14-24?)

Well, on the bright side, if the 3ds version has anyone game breaking bugs Cough hitstun cancel Cough they can get fixed on the wii u release.

Combos add a lot to the risk vs reward aspect of smash.
Wait, did it?

...****

Injusticefan14

Smash Rookie
Does anyone else think that since we have a Fire final-evolution starter Pokemon and a Water final-evolution starter Pokemon that we'll get a Grass one as well?
I think its certainly possible. I actually think its kind of likely. I hope that Jigglypuff and Mewtwo return as well though. I really liked Pokemon Trainer in brawl :/

But if there is a grass starter, it will have to be either Meganium, Sceptile, Torterra or Serperior. It could be Venusaur or Chesnaught but they already have a Pokemon rep from those games.

I could see it being Sceptile because thats one of the middle pokemon games and would space out the generation reps. He/She would also be easier to manouver rather than someone like Torterra.

StarshipGroove

Smash Journeyman

Ridley ain't the only thing too big for this game!

I hope Namco's most advanced jiggle physics are put to good use in SSB WII U!

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Btw, did anyone notice at the beginning of Charizard and Greninja's trailer that they pretty much showed every Pokémon that is going to appear in a Pokéball in the game?
Does anyone else think that since we have a Fire final-evolution starter Pokemon and a Water final-evolution starter Pokemon that we'll get a Grass one as well?
I think its certainly possible. I actually think its kind of likely. I hope that Jigglypuff and Mewtwo return as well though. I really liked Pokemon Trainer in brawl :/

But if there is a grass starter, it will have to be either Meganium, Sceptile, Torterra or Serperior. It could be Venusaur or Chesnaught but they already have a Pokemon rep from those games.

I could see it being Sceptile because thats one of the middle pokemon games and would space out the generation reps. He/She would also be easier to manouver rather than someone like Torterra.
Actually, the grass and fire starters from X & Y and the grass snake thing look to all be Pokéball oriented characters.

Last edited:

TiaSilvia

Smash Apprentice
I'm starting to think that the trophys were a tease to upcoming newcomers. So i'm guessing a Fire Emblem newcomer, a LoZ Skyward Sword newcomer, Palutena and Ridley.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Warning Received
I'm deeply sorry for the people that have to put up with Sakurai. Imagine working so hard on something; something loved worldwide, something "great", and physically suffering for its sake... only for you and your work to be insulted over an "insignificant" fact. Can't speak for everybody, but Sakurai enjoys torturing me. This direct was amazing, I was grinning until he crashed the hype train right into a brick wall.
Fixed.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Please explain how the Wii U is doomed.
Actually, I think the release window is good, though I can see its downsides.

Summer is often when people go on vacations, possibly travelling. With the 3DS release, they can play on the go, so it fits well.

The Wii U release will probably be a Christmas release. Nothing else needs to be said.

PikaJew

Banned via Warnings
Please explain how the Wii U is doomed.

Having Mario Kart and 3DS Smash consuming everyone's summer and WiiU Smash released in time for the big holiday push is doomed to some people.
I swear to god they don't have any idea how marketing works.
Yeah it sucks we won't see this game likely until November, but when parents are looking for Christmas presents and see a cheaper option of the 3 consoles with Smash Bros AND Mario Kart, it will keep the Wii U going forward.

Last edited:

Grinch21X

Smash Apprentice
O.K., just finished watching the direct, haven't had a chance to read the posts here or anywhere else yet so this has probably been said literally 100 time by now but my god...

Everything's changed.

EVERYTHING!!!!
War never changes.

Last edited:

PikaJew

Banned via Warnings
Anyone else notice during the Assist Trophy discussion Waluigi's emblem was Wario's instead of the Mario Mushroom?

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Why are you even still on this site with an attitude like that?

That's all I have to say.

----------

Admit it. Each and everyone of you laughed at this part:

I didn't, I don't agree with rubbing salt in the fans' wounds.

9Volt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Star_Fox_Team
Actually, I think the release window is good, though I can see its downsides.

Summer is often when people go on vacations, possibly travelling. With the 3DS release, they can play on the go, so it fits well.

The Wii U release will probably be a Christmas release. Nothing else needs to be said.
You are logical and think out the box.

You are awesome.

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622

Were getting that Mewtwo soon!....

right? ;_;
Hey! This is Sakurai we're talking about, he loves to torture his fans and do exactly the opposite of what they want, there will probably be no Mewtwo and some useless newcomer like Lip or Pac-Man!
Is this an expression of pain, or an expression of goof?

That's the thing he does to swallow the souls of his loyal fans and crush them, it's kind of a ritual.

Last edited:

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
Can anyone confirm if hitstun canceling is back. I pray it isn't.
Sakurai made clear at the beginning of direct that gameplay mechanics are still subject to change.

Don't (yet) worry man.

If anything, this game looks better competitively than Brawl already imo.

Hey! This is Sakurai we're talking about, he loves to torture his fans and do exactly the opposite of what they want, there will probably be no Mewtwo and some useless newcomer like Lip or Pac-Man!
Please stop.

Last edited:

Jerm

U Feelin' It?
NNID
Jermalie0
3DS FC
4940-5666-9945
I really appreciate Sakurai's effort to appeal to the competitive community. The fact that several stages have an FD version is just completely above and beyond. I was thinking maybe an option just to turn off hazards but having different versions of stages is just too amazing <3. Also with the online mode with FD only no items, now my fingers are crossed for 3 stock as well as the ability to hop online with two people on 1 console!

BeatNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
BeatNinja
3DS FC
0473-8305-4122
For Glory is pretty much Fox-Only-No-Items-Final-Destination mode, which is awesome, I am ecstatic that they're actually giving two ****s about the online and the competitive crowd.

pitthekit

Smash Ace
D-idara.... You must want attiention really bad.

ripa9

Smash Apprentice
Midna hack?
Please...
Please... Gimme...
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/Bra...yUser=&Credit=&Info=&AudioSource=&MainType=-1

A lot of people say, even without trying any themselves, all hacks work horribly, but the fact is that expecially in action, some hacks look like they were already in the game. Some of them are overpowered, but it still doesn't mean they aren't any fun, it's the right opposite when there are many hundred different, extremely well made hacks to try out.

roymustang1990-

Smash Ace
NNID
RoyMustang1990
Seem's like charizard's popularity brought him back which is fine since I always favored him over the other two. But Greninja? Who is this? I don't even know.

Lyn still being a assist trophy annoys me.

I don't like ZZS's new character model.It's not as attractive,I mean appealing? XD

Top Bottom