• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros Brawl Stuff

Ademisk

Smash Champion
Okay, I'm sorry, I had to make a thread for this. So Sakurai shows us that our treasured Boxes and Barrels will chnge form based on your level.

So, we get futuristic silver lined boxes in futuristic levels, apparently Yoshi likes to gift wrap his containers of pain, but...what does that mean for Ness.

I think anyone whose played Earthbound knows, we are going to be breaking and throwing around gift boxes and trash cans. Oh yes, I said it, the same trash can Ness dug his hamburers out of will contain Super Scopes, Pokeballs, and the occasional Mr. Saturn.

What is Mr. Saturn doing in the trash? A better question would be, what ISN'T he doing in the trash?!

Yeah, but this is all just a guess. It would be totally badass if I were right though, and you all know it.

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
*hijack*

This thread is now about what you would like to see implemented in Ness for Brawl.

1. Larger Reflect hitbox for bat
2. YYG stays
3. Psi Magnet JCable
4. Yo yo chargable on edge. LOL
5. Longer duration of PK Thunder(lasts longer)
6. PK thunder easier to steer.

Hijack complete

_Crazy__Zero_

Smash Rookie
1. Larger Reflect hitbox for bat
2. YYG stays
3. Psi Magnet JCable
4. Yo yo chargable on edge. LOL
5. Longer duration of PK Thunder(lasts longer)
6. PK thunder easier to steer.
7. PKT2 is made as powerful as it was in SSB.

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
Also, make it should that nest falls slower during PK thunder. Too many times have I tried to delay it because my opponent tries to eat it, only to die because ness began to drop like a rock.

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
9. Get rid of PK Flash for something bett3r.
10. idk if Dtilt is considered good, but I don't really like it.

*to thread before hijack*
Yeah, I can picture the barrels being trashcans. But this should kinda be in the General Brawl Discussion section, as this has nothing to do with Ness in Melee.

:cool: 50th post :cool:

Ademisk

Smash Champion
dtilt rules. It's one of Ness's better edgeguards, and it's really good for doing lots of minor damge when you're up close.

And....you never played Earthbound if you don't considering trash cans and gift boxes to be related to Ness.

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
9. Get rid of PK Flash for something bett3r.
10. idk if Dtilt is considered good, but I don't really like it.

*to thread before hijack*
Yeah, I can picture the barrels being trashcans. But this should kinda be in the General Brawl Discussion section, as this has NOTHING TO DO WITH NESS IN MELEE.

:cool: 50th post :cool:
Read the caps.

I know they're in Earthbound and thus related to Ness, but, like my post says, it has nothing to do with Ness IN MELEE. This is a prediction/wish for something in Brawl, and should be discussed in the General Brawl section.

Just trying to make a point. :urg:

Ademisk

Smash Champion
.........Yeah, but nobody really cares about such trivialities, so on with the topic.

Brawl needs a Saturn Valley stage! With Mr. Saturn EVERYWHERE!

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
11. Utilt has more horizontal range
12. More grab range (if he had better grab range in melee then he would fly up the tiers...)
13. Make Ness look more like a real person (more how he looked like in ssb64 instead of in Melee) instead of a freakish boy with a large tumor for his head.
14. Mix new pkt with old pkt2 (except it's still easy to sweetspot).

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
13. Make Ness look more like a real person (more how he looked like in ssb64 instead of in Melee) instead of a freakish boy with a large tumor for his head.
Can't say that I agree there. Not only is Melee Ness cooler looking with his retardedly large head, it's also his only weak point during jackets. Maybe YYG isn't a glitch after all...

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
15. Make PK Fire land cancel
16. Make Ness permanently invinvible... >.> <.< ^_^

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
17. Give Ness special moves he had in Earthbound.

That's right, I said it. You guys don't want Ness, you want the character you enjoy playing, but strongers. I want Ness in Brawl, with psi magnet, hypnosis, rockin', and teleport. You can put your offense-based special set on Lucas.

18. YYG gone, YY's stronger again.

Ademisk

Smash Champion
Timotee, what the **** do you think Ness's Final Smash is gonna be!? PSI ROCKIN FTW! Also, I totally agree, cept he already has Magnet(Down B). And he should totally use his bat, yoyo, and slingshot for ALL his attacks, none of this hand to hand ****.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Well, snake did have the rocket launcher in the video, and in melee Samus had the flame attacks, so limited range projectiles, kinda...

Ademisk

Smash Champion
Yeah....a more true to Earthbound Ness sounds just fantastic. At this point I would kill to see Ness teleport into a wall, and fall while sporting a black frayed outline.

indie_dave

Smash Ace
wtheck would a revamped ness do

besides SUCK

i'd refuse to play him :pOUT:

oh ness, why must you suck so hard T .T
forsooth the labor thou hast demanded in melee will be for nought

p.s. i want to ride my bicycle

BICYCLE BICYCLE BICYCLE
I WANT TO RIDE MY BICYYGLE

indie_dave

Smash Ace
i thought it was a clever pun to say bicYYGle. well actually i wanted to see a character on a vehicle. at least a frickin bicycle. i mean there's that pikachu riding the cart with wheels, but that doesn't count. i need to see that video btw, it has like 50 nude women riding bikes.

srsly how can you not like queen? i'm just an old fart i guess..

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
No I am actually being serious. That's what that song means. I didn't notice the yyg reference. *is typing on his Wii*

Ademisk

Smash Champion
We're just saying, we'd like Ness to be more true to his roots, and not a *******ized PK Fire Spouting wierdo. I guess people who like him cuz of his moves in Melee would think differently.

And Ness's shield should be a giant Plush Teddy Bear.

indie_dave

Smash Ace
lol gosh you guys are so serious
heresy: i haven't played earthbound yet D: and don't really care what nintendo does or doesn't do; bottom line at the end of the day they deliver teh goods

andyzond

Smash Cadet
17. Give Ness special moves he had in Earthbound.

That's right, I said it. You guys don't want Ness, you want the character you enjoy playing, but strongers. I want Ness in Brawl, with psi magnet, hypnosis, rockin', and teleport. You can put your offense-based special set on Lucas.

18. YYG gone, YY's stronger again.
yes! I don't know why he has pk flash when psi rockin would obviously be the shiz. perhaps that will be his super in brawl, tho i think it'd be cooler for him to just crush his enemies with psychic-ness.
pk flash doesn't even do much in the game, just inflicts status ailments and sometimes death.. hypnosis or brainshock would be cool tho, like mewtwo's down-b
-andy :chuckle:

ness4life

Smash Journeyman
In the apartment next to Sakurai. Friday is Pizza
Sadly, I haven't played any Earthbound/Mother games...yet....
But I love Ness for his awesome portrayl in smash 64, and because of his retroness (sorry guys, Super NES is now retro).
I think that ness can have Psi rockin in place of PK flash, and have his Final Smash call down Jeff & Co. and open up a can of whup*** on whoever ness uses the smash on.
One last thing: are you guys worried that ness might not get put in brawl? I mean, lots of people were disappointed with him in melee, and he one of the four original smash characters that we haven't had confirmation in brawl yet (those being DK, Cap. Falcon, and Jigglypuff.... yoshi already has a stage, he's basically in.)

Ademisk

Smash Champion
...dude, SNES has been retro since the N64. We get it. And it's not retro when you're talking about videogames, it's oldschool. Get it right.

Levitas

the moon
*Hijack the Hijack*

This thread is currently about credible (if not official) confirmation of Ness in Brawl.

I've heard of a couple unofficial statements that Ness is confirmed as in Brawl.

One is from an unknown source allegedly stating that although not all ssbm characters are in, all ssb characters are, including Ness.

The other is dated yesterday as seen on Starmen.net through an interview with Miyamoto through Game Informer. The article looked reasonable, although the person conducting the interview brought up Ness returning as common knowledge, and Miyamoto acknowledged it as such.

Can anyone verify either the ssb character statement or Game Informer's credibility, so that I can sleep at night without the fear of Ness being sucked into some sort of black void where all non-smash characters cry for all eternity?

Ademisk

Smash Champion
Okay, as far as I'm concerned, Ness is now confirmed. After all, what's the point of the Franklin badge if there's no PK Thunder to reflect? I refuse to argue further, this is absolute proof.

Che_Lab

Smash Lord
They also had his symbol in the update, which they wouldn't have put in there unless they could put that behind his percentage meter.

Top Bottom