• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros Brawl Stuff

Levitas

the moon
indie dave, have you even played mother/earthbound? The franklin badge is used to defeat the leader of the blue blue cultists in the happy happy village. In mother 2/earthbound. Perhaps they did use it in mother 3, but I'm with Ademisk on this one, As far as I'm concerned, Ness has just been confirmed.

Edit: Gildedpunch, if you want poo in brawl, start hoping they announce Donkey's down b soon (lol) seriously, I'm pushing for paula or jeff, though

Ademisk

Smash Champion
I'm pretty sure there's something to do with the Franklin Badge in Mother 3, however, I'm going to mentally block that out, as the good Ness fan I am.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
That's so close to real, but the first and fourth screenshots look really off : (

indie_dave

Smash Ace
LOLLL "some of his regular moves are so powerful that you might mistake them for a Final Smash!"

edit: thanks u guys for info on final badge. no, i only watched a buddy play eb on snes years ago, but i'm hoping to play it sometime soon. oldskoo rpgs represent.

so now that my number 1 pick has been argued as being in good returning status, my number 2 returners are now not:

H (2:04:32 PM): o snap i have proof ice climbers wont be in SSBB
indyamtr (2:12:10 PM): wuuuuttttt
H (2:12:35 PM):
01: Dairanto Smash Brothers
02: Donki Kongu
03: Fokkusu
04: Hoshi no Kabii/Kabii
05: Kyaputen Farukon
06: Metoroido
07:
08: Pokemon/Poketto Monsuta
09: Rinku
10: Supa Mario
11: Yosshi
12: Faia Emuburemu
13:
14:
15: Dobutsu no Mori
16: Made in Wario
17:
18: Parutena no Kagami

From the Japanese smash bros sites, the URLs of the series the characters come from. 1-11 are from the original game, in alphabetical order. 12-14 were meant to be the series from melee, however Ice Climbers Japanese name is Aisu Kuraimba and thus would have been #12.

#13 is likely to be Game And Watch and 17 is Metal Gear Solid.

This indicates that #14 is a new series, what? No idea.
H (2:13:08 PM): #7 is mother
H (2:14:17 PM): Updated list:

01: Dairanto Smash Brothers
02: Donki Kongu
03: Fokkusu
04: Hoshi no Kabii/Kabii
05: Kyaputen Farukon
06: Metoroido
07: Mother
08: Pokemon/Poketto Monsuta
09: Rinku
10: Supa Mario
11: Yosshi
12: Faia Emuburemu
13:
14:
15: Dobutsu no Mori
16: Made in Wario
17:
18: Parutena no Kagami

17 is Metal Gear Solid for sure, so that leaves 13 and 14 to be filled in. 13 is either Game & Watch or a new series, and 14 is a new series beggining with something less than Do...

Of course there can be like 20 series and they're after Pa...
H (2:15:07 PM): could just be a theory tho lol

Phelix08

Smash Apprentice
Simna, I love it. And didn't they use the same thing with a few other characters? (releasing items/stages/the likes right before announcing the character)
*crosses fingers*

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
lol. Ademinsk. Minsk. I the 'minsk' is a word.

Am I the only one here who hasn't played Earthbound/Mother?

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
But didn't you see the new updates? I think they're replacing trophies with stickers *puke*. So trophies died.

Ademisk

Smash Champion
....Assist Trophies. Those little things that help you out or mess with your head? Like the Devil or the Nintendog or Wright? Insane Cultist for the win, he'd totally turn EVERYTHING on the screen blue. It'd be awesome.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
LOL, just like clefairy's darkness thing. On a side note, the Devil ability is kinda... unbalanced.... imagine a Samus bomb jumping around spiking everyone, and watch as bowser dies quickly.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I'd love to see Mewtwo give his upB to Ness. Ledge stall FTW!

dan smith

Smash Champion
I wish there was more explanation of the "proof dat ICs arnt in Brawl"...but it does act as proof that Ness is in. Which I am okay with. I liked the ICs...and I really though they'd return...but I'd take Ness over them anyday. (including today....and tomorrow!)

People keep saying Ness should have his own moves from Mother 2, which I've been thinking about for a long time, but for some reason I never really thought about the fact that I don't care at all. I never use his special moves at all. How had I never thought about that? I'll drop a PK Fire on a Marth in a 1 on 1 match every once in a while...but it's definitely not integral to my game. PK Thunder is the grand exception of course...but it also kinda kinda sucks.

As long as Ness has the same basic attacks, I'm down for whatever in place of Flash, and Fire.

EDIT: And yes, Ness should be a robot.

Ademisk

Smash Champion
No, it's true, other than PK Thunder, Ness's abilities rank pretty low on the usefulness scale. But, my argument was that even his basic moveset should change to reflect his character better. He doesn't use his bare effing hands, he swings around bats and yoyos. And for gods sake, will someone give the kid a slingshot! (Also, the IC thing only proves that SOMEONE from Mother will be in Brawl. That doesn't remove the possibility of Ninten or Lucas and his bro......OMG, THEY'RE GOING TO REPLACE ICE CLIMBERS AS THE TEAM CHARACTER!)

GildedPunch

Smash Ace
Okay.
Mother 2 is earthbound correct?
And Mother 3 is the one that's in japanese right?
then how do i found out the story to mother 3 so that I know who lucas is?
And what IC thing are you guys talking about?

Jarrod159

Smash Cadet
I would like all the things mentioned in the front of this thread to occur in brawl. I would also like the character to have just a little more reach grab wise and i wish that the shield bubble would be a little more useful like fox's reflector

Ademisk

Smash Champion
Yeah dude, haven't you ever patched a rom? The translation will be released in patch form. You'll probably have to get ipswin or something along that line.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I'll wait until the translated copy is out. I don't understand why it's taking so long though...

Btw, Idiocracy = best movie ever.

Ademisk

Smash Champion
Sage, it's not 'taking long'. They haven't released any word on whether it will be released in the US. There were vague rumors that there was going to be a European release, but it was never followed up on. We waited patiently, and now it's been well over a year since the release of the game. I was rooting for a true localization of Mother 3 as much as anyone....but even I'm going to suggest you throw in the towel and take the Translation patch.

Top Bottom