• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros Brawl Stuff

Ademisk

Smash Champion
No, that's good. go to goole and look up IPS. You'll find a program called IPSwin. Basically all you have to do is use this program, load the rom, and then load the patch (usually a .ipc file) and it will automatically affix that patch to your rom.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Sage, it's not 'taking long'. They haven't released any word on whether it will be released in the US. There were vague rumors that there was going to be a European release, but it was never followed up on. We waited patiently, and now it's been well over a year since the release of the game. I was rooting for a true localization of Mother 3 as much as anyone....but even I'm going to suggest you throw in the towel and take the Translation patch.
Actually I was talking about how long they're taking to make the translation patch. I didn't know it was out yet... =/

Phelix08

Smash Apprentice
Am I just crazy or would it be awesome if they gave the psi magnet the same spiking abilities that fox (and falco)'s shine has?

Levitas

the moon
Or, say, that the fox fire can clank the fully charged pk flash. That revelation brought with it much a feeling of futility...

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Or, say, that the fox fire can clank the fully charged pk flash. That revelation brought with it much a feeling of futility...
Zomg you have smash version 1.3 where pk flash has really low priority cuz it's so broken.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!

That no happen possible.h

Levitas

the moon
No, this was version 1.1! It was just a few days ago. It was against scotu, if you doubt me for some reason. And yes, it was really demoralizing.

GildedPunch

Smash Ace
**** YOU sakurai for only announcing the franklin badge!!
going against his usual patterns!!
does he read the ness forums?!?!
does he know that he eats at my heart with his crappy update!??!
why does he like to do this to us?!?!?
WHY?!?!?!

Ademisk

Smash Champion
Whoever said Ice Climbers aren't coming back officially has no credibility.

EDIT:
INDIE DAVE!
LOLLL "some of his regular moves are so powerful that you might mistake them for a Final Smash!"

edit: thanks u guys for info on final badge. no, i only watched a buddy play eb on snes years ago, but i'm hoping to play it sometime soon. oldskoo rpgs represent.

so now that my number 1 pick has been argued as being in good returning status, my number 2 returners are now not:

Quote:
H (2:04:32 PM): o snap i have proof ice climbers wont be in SSBB
indyamtr (2:12:10 PM): wuuuuttttt
H (2:12:35 PM):
01: Dairanto Smash Brothers
02: Donki Kongu
03: Fokkusu
04: Hoshi no Kabii/Kabii
05: Kyaputen Farukon
06: Metoroido
07:
08: Pokemon/Poketto Monsuta
09: Rinku
10: Supa Mario
11: Yosshi
12: Faia Emuburemu
13:
14:
15: Dobutsu no Mori
16: Made in Wario
17:
18: Parutena no Kagami

From the Japanese smash bros sites, the URLs of the series the characters come from. 1-11 are from the original game, in alphabetical order. 12-14 were meant to be the series from melee, however Ice Climbers Japanese name is Aisu Kuraimba and thus would have been #12.

#13 is likely to be Game And Watch and 17 is Metal Gear Solid.

This indicates that #14 is a new series, what? No idea.
H (2:13:08 PM): #7 is mother
H (2:14:17 PM): Updated list:

01: Dairanto Smash Brothers
02: Donki Kongu
03: Fokkusu
04: Hoshi no Kabii/Kabii
05: Kyaputen Farukon
06: Metoroido
07: Mother
08: Pokemon/Poketto Monsuta
09: Rinku
10: Supa Mario
11: Yosshi
12: Faia Emuburemu
13:
14:
15: Dobutsu no Mori
16: Made in Wario
17:
18: Parutena no Kagami

17 is Metal Gear Solid for sure, so that leaves 13 and 14 to be filled in. 13 is either Game & Watch or a new series, and 14 is a new series beggining with something less than Do...

Of course there can be like 20 series and they're after Pa...
H (2:15:07 PM): could just be a theory tho lol

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
If IC's make it and Ness doesn't then I become IC's main. I don't want to play gay-*** Lucas.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
OMG WIFI MODE. *screams like little girl* OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

I was kinda expecting Ness to be announced before this but w/e. This made my day (even better).

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Naw, I don't want lag. I don't know how bad it will be though... *looks over at his new highspeed wired wii*

Ademisk

Smash Champion
It probably won't be as bad as everyone thinks. And it's not like we're thinking wi-fi is gonna replace normal meet n smash stuff. It's just a viable option for people, like me, who have to travel long distances to do any smashing at all.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I'm thinking about organizing a original Ness board posters online tourney. I'll make brackets and everything. Of course I'll have to divide it by regions to cut down on lag.

GildedPunch

Smash Ace
hehe. that's funny.

I GOT IT!!!!!!!

Psi Rockin' will NOT! I REPEAT, NOT be his final smash.

Psi Rockin' will replace psi flash, and his final smash will be *insert drum roll* ..........................................................
..................................................................................

A BAG OF DRAGONITE!!!!!!!!

indie_dave

Smash Ace
@ ademisk:
/shrugs
that was an aim session. my buddy is "H" i am indyamtr. i posted his theory on ice climbers. the reason i put that list up was to show that numbering system, and if anybody's familiar with AR h4x, there's a similar list in melee. i was hoping a nessboard genius could derive his return from that list, but i guess not..

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
WAAAAAAAAaaaa...... I don't want Lucas, I want Ness... It looks like Lucas is a Ness clone at least... His fair does look awesome though....

Levitas

the moon
Time to see if I get what I wanted though, an earthbound update on a monday, plus EB on VC FTW if you know what I mean.

EDIT: just checked, and no. EB is not on VC currently FTL.

Phelix08

Smash Apprentice
So..anyone up to writing a few hundered letters to asking for Ness? It seems the only reasonable thing to do after today's update.

Top Bottom