• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros Announcements Galore! Watch Here

Riverside J

Smash Rookie
Did you know that some people live in places where costs like these are actually really hard to handle?

I have and what they have been doing is not on the same level at all. And their consumers do not take offense when someone points out that Ea and Capcom are greedy and they complain when being subjected to unfair costs. For instance, Ea and Capcom don't make you buy the same game twice for two different platforms in order to get one more character, if they did people would go crazy. Meanwhile Nintendo fans are in love with the company that has mastered the art of adding additional costs to the point that they can triple the cost of a regular game like Smash Bros 3ds. And they don't take kindly to having their baby insulted. One word (3 times): Gullible, gullible, gullible.
What other games have they done this with?

D

Deleted member

I may not know anything about the Metroid series (the only game I've played is Hunters, which didn't feature Ridley at all), but I'm willing to bet Ridley is at least as expressive as Ganondorf.
Nope. Not the case. All Ridley has done is to look menacing and be a regular boss fight in the games. That's about it. He never shows character outside of being a mindless monster, and his intelligence is but a detail and an afterthought by comparison to his appearances.

It's only in the manga where his character is explored, and that's a medium that was never taken into consideration prior to Other M.

And I have no ****ing clue why people would brand Ganondorf ambitionless, and/or without character. Really? Has anyone even played the Zelda games, or was it only Ocarina of Time where his debut appearance was?

Play through Wind Waker and fight Ganondorf and tell me he has no ambition. Play through both that and Twilight Princess and tell me he is without expressions. If you'd still deny it after that, you have no idea what characteristics mean in the first place.

GlassTop

Smash Rookie
I was hoping Ridley would make it, but im not mad. Seems there is more uproar from the haters.

Phoenix502

Smash Ace
NNID
Phoenix502
3DS FC
4811-6967-8095
...wow, it's no wonder I was told Smashboards "imploded"... first five pages are either Mewtwo hype, the Ridley Wars sparked up again, and some troll who thinks nintendo gamers are all drones...

and on that third topic, this hippieslayer guy apparently doesn't realize that Nintendo wouldn't be where it is now if it was anything like Capcom... Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3, for instance was the original MVC3 with new bells and whistles (stages, fighters, and game balancing tweaks), for the same full price, and this was multiplatform, to boot. and last i heard, the original was 40-50 bucks at launch, that's just one of the many things Capcom felt was cost efficient, never mind their blatant alienation of Megaman fans... somewhere down the line the shiften their focus almost predominantly on all their fighters, disregarding everything else that sold.

I don't know or care about EA, though, i associate them more with sports games, and I don't play them... besides, most gamers don't really like EA, since they apparently ruin almost everything...

LoveGame

Master of the Disco Stick
NNID
HanabiKawai
3DS FC
5129-1774-2334
All of the features look great. Single player is so much less shallow now and I'm actually really interested in the whole "draw pics to cheer on your fighters" Miiverse thing.

Of course, I can't even begin to express my joy over Mewtwo's reveal. In your face, Greninja/Lucario fanboys and general haters!

In all seriousness, I hope this puts a lot of the debates to rest and opens the door for future DLC. I got the character I wanted, so fans of other cut veterans deserve this feeling too!

Personally, I'm not gonna ask for anything else. I've only been on Smashboards since last month, and damn near half my posts have been me whining about Smash 4's roster and no Mewtwo, Wolf, etc. I'll shut up now.

I like Ridley and would've enjoyed him as a playable character, but I was never too vehement or hopeful about him. I think the way they used him is really cool and I'm totally fine that he isn't on the roster.

Either way, just happy to see my all-time favorite character returning in glorious HD. Overall the direct gave me so much more faith in Smash 4.

Frank Ploegmakers

Smash Cadet
As I thought, most people still complain after this mayhem of epic announcements!

I don't get it. We are getting so many new and epic stuff by nintendo so that we can fully utilize our gaming experience. BUT still people aren't happy.

Normally I'm nice to people who only complain about irrelevant stuff, but this time, I'll say this:

SUCK IT UP, if you don't like it, don't buy this! I'm glad i don't have a behaviour like you. I'm glad i was so exited when i saw every announcement they had. I felt like a child again who first played super smash bros 64! I feel sorry for you guys.

And to the people who are just as exited as me: Can't wait to play with you guys in the tourneys and online matches! I hope you all get the best experience nintendo has to offer!

And for the mewto supporters, I'm glad you guys have your most badass pokemon back! Although he wasn't someone i played alot in melee, but I'm just as exited as you guys to see him back !
I hope this will open a window to future dlc like they did with mario kart 8. Only more content to enjoy!

BobEugCox

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BobEugCox
Haha, no man. Im actually a Ridley supporter, but honestly, after all the trolling, this is what we get? I mean, Metroid needs another character and Ridley has been a part of Nintendo history since what, 86? And as cool as a character like Shulk is, he's only been in one game. I thought Smash was supposed to be more of a retrospective of the company's history, but anymore it just seems like advertising.
But seriously, for a while ive been more supportive of Ridley for Project M because I feel that they would do an even better job with him than Nintendo would.

Sorry, not to offend anyone, just messing around ;)
I'm glad you responded to my post, because while calling you a child I acted like one. Please accept my sincerest apologies! I somehow got so heated last night.

I agree with you, Project M would probably do a fantastic job with Ridley. It's unfortunate that Metroid doesn't have more viable character choices to pick from when it comes to roster spots... Had Other M done better... Anthony would have been a great choice!

Redd500

Smash Apprentice
Ridley has the manga. I don't know if it's canon, but it seems to be heavily acknowledged. But you're right. Comparing them doesn't work. I just think Ridley could.

By the way, thanks for giving me the only sane conversation I've had here since joining.
No problem. I live for regular conversations over the Internet. It feels good.

DatSmasher

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0903-2784-5063
Uh, Sakurai you're forgetting someone. The one who can send electric currents through the air? Who everyone wanted to return since this game came out?

Sakutroll: Brings back pichu

ThatEpicMudkip

Smash Rookie
NNID
ThatEpicMudkip
3DS FC
4124-5091-3596
:mewtwopm:
Mewtwo Haters: Too many pokemon characters he was cut once he's gonna be cut again.
Announcer: MEWTWO SCHEDULED FOR SPRING OF 2015
Me: TAKE THAT YESSSS

SPIRE_FAN

Smash Cadet
I think Sakurai just thinks Ridley is better suited as a boss character than a playable one.
That's actually a little dumb reasoning since I've always seen Bowser, Ganondorf and King Dedede as strictly boss characters, especially Ganondorf, but that's the great thing about Smash, it lets you play as characters you wouldn't be able to play as in any other game.

Last edited:

miracleJester

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1547-5445-7442
Deep down I knew Nintendo would roll out the DLC, but not this early and not with gimmicky promotions like this.

>Hey guys we made your favorite character before the game released!!1! But instead of apologizing for late work, we've made him multi-version exclusive for a limited time!! Any desire after that must be paid.

Joshing aside, I really hope that it wasn't the case of "late work" and just a poor DLC gimmick
Did you even see the mewtwo announcement? He won't be ready by release. Hell, He will release more than TWO months after release!

LoveGame

Master of the Disco Stick
NNID
HanabiKawai
3DS FC
5129-1774-2334
Did you even see the mewtwo announcement? He won't be ready by release. Hell, He will release more than TWO months after release!
Yeah and since when was it a "limited time"? This was never stated.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Hey. I hate to be that guy, but then again, not really, but who was this?
She's also Shulk's love interest. She's going to kill him if she finds out that how close he's gotten to Lucina... or was that just in my head?

WaveDashCash

Smash Apprentice
Are opinions on this game really THAT divisive???
All of this outrage was sparked by a certain purple dragon not being playable? Is that really what we've come down to?

Really? All this outrage over HIM?????!!!!!

Last edited:

proxibomb

Smash Clown
What's with all the Mewtwo hype? Mewtwo was a pretty lame character in Melee.
The magical thing about him is that they could make him better. The reason why everyone whined about him not being in Brawl is that he was unique. To add on, why cut a unique character but add clones. There are many other reasons why everyone is happy Mewtwo is back.

Did I mention he also proves DLC can be made for Smash?

Last edited:

ShulkSlash

Smash Rookie
NNID
ShulkSlash
3DS FC
0748-4202-4772
I'm really feeling the hype right now. The WiiU version can't come soon enough!

Spaghetti Falco

Smash Apprentice
NNID
brandorf
3DS FC
3024-6627-7748
Ridley has the manga. I don't know if it's canon, but it seems to be heavily acknowledged. But you're right. Comparing them doesn't work. I just think Ridley could.

By the way, thanks for giving me the only sane conversation I've had here since joining.
Are you implying that i am not a sane man Code Bread?

tENOR2

Smash Rookie
I don't care about Ridley, but know that SOME are sad about him not being included so maybe it'll be more appropriate to NOT celebrate.

Spaghetti Falco

Smash Apprentice
NNID
brandorf
3DS FC
3024-6627-7748
I don't care about Ridley, but know that SOME are sad about him not being included so maybe it'll be more appropriate to NOT celebrate.
No ones celebrating that he's not in unless they're some sort of asshole
I personally don't care its just i don't like being belittled and name called for a year by Ridley supporters and then now they have nothing to back up the year of verbal abuse with

Top Bottom