• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros Announcements Galore! Watch Here

Swampy948

Smash Cadet
Ridley fan boys be like "Why would Sakurai cause such a hype only for Ridley to be a stage boss!?"
Cause the Mewtwo hype too real :mewtwopm:

Swampy948

Smash Cadet
Ridley fan boys be like "Why would Sakurai cause such a hype only for Ridley to be a stage boss!?"
Cause the Mewtwo hype too real :mewtwopm:

Chaoseater

Smash Rookie
I'm glad you responded to my post, because while calling you a child I acted like one. Please accept my sincerest apologies! I somehow got so heated last night.

I agree with you, Project M would probably do a fantastic job with Ridley. It's unfortunate that Metroid doesn't have more viable character choices to pick from when it comes to roster spots... Had Other M done better... Anthony would have been a great choice!
Yeah no problem man, didnt want there to be any confusion..cause i LOVE Ridley! Yeah, Other M was......theres really not a good way to describe it.

But you're right, Metroid has no one else,aside from the Hunters (and I dont think any are really more important, tho I dont know I havent played it yet), Ridley and who else, the Baby Metroid (this would be great ;))? I mean it would be hard to incorporate another character from a series that basically only has 1 main character.

But c'mon, its fricken Metroid. One of Nintendo's most iconic, oldest, and best series. Metroid needs another representative, and Ridley is the superior choice. And all this talk of Ridley having no personality: He's the general of the space pirates, a ruthless group of intergalactic criminals, and is just supposed to be evil. And if we are going by comics, he did murder Samus's parents. Besides, Samus never really shows much personality, emotion, etc but that is how the Metroid series works. It's meant to be brooding and foreboding and the player is almost expected to imply events and traits of the characters.

And to everyone who says they wouldn't want Ridley in Smash: Are you telling me you wouldnt spend almost every match kicking people's asses as a bigass purple dragon who can breathe fire and just annihilate?

I doubt that there would be even one person who this statement wouldnt (or shouldnt) hold true for.

Last edited:

Code Bread

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1736-1424-9042
...Who was that directed at?
Anyone who was discussing this who didn't get salty about a conversation on the internet.
Nope. Not the case. All Ridley has done is to look menacing and be a regular boss fight in the games. That's about it. He never shows character outside of being a mindless monster, and his intelligence is but a detail and an afterthought by comparison to his appearances.

It's only in the manga where his character is explored, and that's a medium that was never taken into consideration prior to Other M.

And I have no ****ing clue why people would brand Ganondorf ambitionless, and/or without character. Really? Has anyone even played the Zelda games, or was it only Ocarina of Time where his debut appearance was?

Play through Wind Waker and fight Ganondorf and tell me he has no ambition. Play through both that and Twilight Princess and tell me he is without expressions. If you'd still deny it after that, you have no idea what characteristics mean in the first place.
Oh. Didn't know that. Someday I'll play the Metroid games. Probably not...

Yeah, yeah, he wants to wreck the world yadayadah put him in a Micheal Bay movie. (this is a joke)
Nope, all of them and you are.
Saying that they are doesn't mean you aren't. This is a for real kine hurr durr moment.
Are you implying that i am not a sane man Code Bread?
You're crazy in that "I can't believe it's not butter" kind of way. You feel me, bro. Naw, our conversations are legit, Spaghetti Falco.

Last edited:

BobEugCox

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BobEugCox
Yeah no problem man, didnt want there to be any confusion..cause i LOVE Ridley! Yeah, Other M was......theres really not a good way to describe it.

But you're right, Metroid has no one else,aside from the Hunters (and I dont think any are really more important, tho I dont know I havent played it yet), Ridley and who else, the Baby Metroid (this would be great ;))? I mean it would be hard to incorporate another character from a series that basically only has 1 main character.

But c'mon, its fricken Metroid. One of Nintendo's most iconic, oldest, and best series. Metroid needs another representative, and Ridley is the superior choice. And all this talk of Ridley having no personality: He's the general of the space pirates, a ruthless group of intergalactic criminals, and is just supposed to be evil. And if we are going by comics, he did murder Samus's parents. Besides, Samus never really shows much personality, emotion, etc but that is how the Metroid series works. It's meant to be brooding and foreboding and the player is almost expected to imply events and traits of the characters.

And to everyone who says they wouldn't want Ridley in Smash: Are you telling me you wouldnt spend almost every match kicking people's ***** as a bigass purple dragon who can breathe fire and just annihilate?

I doubt that there would be even one person who this statement wouldnt (or shouldnt) hold true for.
Glad you cleared that up... I have never read the manga but the Space Pirate role in a TON of Metroid games has been huge. Plus there's a huge variety of them to pick from for initial design and costume alts... I also think an Ancient Chozo wouldn't be a terrible idea.
How could they make it work?
:4duckhunt::4gaw::4olimar::4wiifit::4villager::4rob: <------Uhhhh that should answer THAT question.

An even BETTER option that would solve everyone's complaints about Ridley and satisfy both the lovers and the haters:

BAM!
Everyone's problems all solved at once!
Baby Ridley Freaks Out the Fighters!
How would Sakurai make it work?
:4duckhunt::4gaw::4olimar::4wiifit::4villager::4rob: <------Once again... this should answer your question.

And the best part is...

HE'S NOT TOO BIG!!

The_Woebegone_Jackal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Faver_Jo
3DS FC
4854-6514-7143
That Ridley model is amazing, with the trouble they went through to give him moves and even count his KO as a legit score it seems odd and almost troll-like that they didn't make him a character. Oh well, maybe in the next Smash they'll take the next step. Hopefully.

Mewtwo is pretty hype though, and I can't wait to play online with a friend sitting right next to me. 8 player Smash seems a little hectic for my tastes however, but its still an interesting decision.

D

Deleted member

Seriously, this is great news.

We finally got an official DLC characters confirmation in the form of Mewtwo. It almost feels unreal.

While we can't be totally certain yet it opens up a very strong possibility of DLC for other veterans returning, and even newcomers possibly.

As they said, it takes work. So all the DLC will take some time, but the chance is there. And it's strong.
screw you. you are ungrateful. "in the form of Mewtwo"? screw you! you dont care about Mewtwo, only DLC. go away. i hope that no other DLC occurs because Aholes like you are almost always ungrateful, and wanting more. You guys are even worst than Ridley/Anti-Ridley fans together with the seven dragon balls, 8 chaos emeralds (there is an eight emerald btw), all 120 stars, and Brawl Bowser fused together and multiplied by 299,792,458 (if you get the reference).

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
screw you. you are ungrateful. "in the form of Mewtwo"? screw you! you dont care about Mewtwo, only DLC. go away. i hope that no other DLC occurs because Aholes like you are almost always ungrateful, and wanting more. You guys are even worst than Ridley/Anti-Ridley fans together with the seven dragon balls, 8 chaos emeralds (there is an eight emerald btw), all 120 stars, and Brawl Bowser fused together and multiplied by 299,792,458 (if you get the reference).
Just because I said I'm hyped for DLC automatically means I don't care about Mewtwo at all?

For the record, I'm incredibly happy that Mewtwo's back. Yet for some reason, I have absolutely no reason to have any hope for more DLC? And I'm not even allowed to want more? Somehow that's worse than a bunch of random people constantly screaming their heads off at longtime dedicated fans of a character?

And secondly I won't be all that upset if there isn't any more DLC, I always wanted Mewtwo back and was dumbfounded when it initially appeared as though he didn't. He had every reason to come back. I've said this all over the forum, yet you assumed otherwise based on, what? What was probably only the second or first post of mine you've ever seen?

Seriously, that was a huge jump you made to reach that conclusion. You shouldn't snap at people so suddenly like that based on an assumption made on a single comment.

Sonicjamareiz

Smash Apprentice
I'm happy for Mewto! I'm getting both version of the game, so I'll get him!
I always wanted to use him in Melee but he sucked so hard (weak moves and slow, with lag), I hope this time he will be a bit more powerful.
Anyway, I think it was planned since the beginning, his exclusion over Doctor Mario always looked strange.
I hope he will not have a counter, and I hope he will be a bit different than Lucario.
*Cringed* Ugh I hate giving into the Mew2/Lucario clone debate but there aren't similar their no where near similar name ONE thing that is similar thats not Shadow ball/Aura Spear. Sorry

ThatEpicMudkip

Smash Rookie
NNID
ThatEpicMudkip
3DS FC
4124-5091-3596
What's with all the Mewtwo hype? Mewtwo was a pretty lame character in Melee.
Say that to Mew2King, thought to be one of the best smash players in the world, who mained mewtwo. Mewtwo wasn't a "lame" character. He was light, and he dealt TONS of damage. He was an amazing character, and that's why everyone wants him back. Other people may have their opinions, but you're probably saying he's lame because you didn't know how to use him. I didn't know how to use Link at one point, but that doesn't mean I called him lame. If you're a Ridley fanboy or a Wolf Fanboy, just get over it that Mewtwo was revealed and your favorite wasn't. Sakurai always keeps secrets and surprises, so just wait. That's all.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
*Cringed* Ugh I hate giving into the Mew2/Lucario clone debate but there aren't similar their no where near similar name ONE thing that is similar thats not Shadow ball/Aura Spear. Sorry
He is not a clone but his moveset reminds a bit Lucario's (to be more specific it's the other way). Anyway, I'm not saying that's a clone, I'm saying that he COULD be a clone because of lazyness; they are probably recreating him so we could expect anything.

Falm

Smash Rookie
Why? Maybe Wolf is coming soon too. Could be Summer 2015 or maybe alongside Mewtwo. WOLF FOR DLC!!!!
I think that if he was coming at the same time as mewtwo he would also have been announced maybe... but yeah, he could come later on as dlc, but still... we'd either have to wait a long damn time or maybe he just wouldn't come at all

Gamer807

Smash Cadet
Is anyone here actually really hype for amiibos? I don't know I just find them to be pretty cool.

SegaFan1992

Smash Rookie
Is anyone here actually really hype for amiibos? I don't know I just find them to be pretty cool.
I have two pre ordered by mail and have shipping to the day they come out, and I don't even own a wii u so... does that answer you're question?

elitex12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Elite X
3DS FC
5429-8241-5452
I honestly don't care for mewtwo's inclusion as DLC... Nor would I care if he was in the game from the start... I just never cared for mewtwo outside of the Pokemon games... But its cool for the rest of you who wanted him.

Also, HA TAKE THAT RIDLEY FANBOYS!!! (just kidding.)

Last edited:

Chris Sifniotis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
chrissifniotis
Vegeta! What does the scouter say about the hype levels?

That's what I thought.
[offtopic]Gees, I forgot he looked like that; perpetually angry.[/offtopic]

Technically I'm not fussed about Mewtwo but I'd like to give him a go, especially since he's a returning after a hiatus like Doc Mario. I'll be looking at videos on both Dr. Mario and Mewtwo to get an idea on Mewtwo's fighting and compare Mario's previous life in Melee to now.

tENOR2

Smash Rookie
No ones celebrating that he's not in unless they're some sort of *******
I personally don't care its just i don't like being belittled and name called for a year by Ridley supporters and then now they have nothing to back up the year of verbal abuse with
I literally just said I'm not a Ridley supporter. I'm just pissed at the rudeness of some. That's all bro and trust me I know where you're coming from

Spaghetti Falco

Smash Apprentice
NNID
brandorf
3DS FC
3024-6627-7748
I literally just said I'm not a Ridley supporter. I'm just pissed at the rudeness of some. That's all bro and trust me I know where you're coming from
I never said you were sorry if my comment came off as towards you
And I'm mad at people on both ends
Theres the people who are rubbing it in Ridley supporters faces
And then theres the Ridley supporters who are freaking out and refusing to buy the game because of "What Sakurai did to them"
Sure it wasn't the best way he could've handled things but don't yell at everyone else for it
I didn't get Waluigi as a playable character and i only cried for 20 minutes

Top Bottom