• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Brawl UK Social Thread

Heartstring

Smash Legend
sonic colours doesnt look terribad but you know some games are good to watch others to play but are terrible themselves
like melee...(inb4****storm)
im dubious on it, people have said its good, but people said the daytime parts of sonic unleashed was good, and i despised it

Heartstring

Smash Legend
wow GP...just wow
they were so boring, and that bull**** about pressing a button to get launched to somewhere and you have like, 0.1 seconds to see the button, realise waht one to press, and then actually press the right one, fkn impossible, always had to take the bum route

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Sonic Unleashed is pretty good.

/e GP soooo many games have QTEs in them @_@ there's nothing wrong with them lol.

The_Rake

Smash Lord
Lol, its not entirely gameplay. We need some real sonic though. I'm annoyed, colours got a low score on the wii so i wont get it. wont get the ds one cos it just looks like sonic rush 3

hmm theres a lot more results of reviews on wiki now. and all these new ones are between 7 and 9 out of 10 so i may get this on the wii

B.Mack

Smash Ace
I think GP does a good job of imparting his smash knowledge onto the rest of us... He's just more accurate and less annoying than me. T_T

I know my characters extremely well, I just get some of the fringe information as well... Like knowing what frame MK's dsmash comes out or how good his air mobility is so I know if I can punish it effectively. I'd be ashamed if GP knew more about Wario, diddy or Jiggs than me. Although I need to improve on my Jiggs and Olimar knowledge... Jiggs = my new secondary. Y'all better watch out for the sexy pink puffball of ****!!

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I think GP does a good job of imparting his smash knowledge onto the rest of us... He's just more accurate and less annoying than me. T_T

I know my characters extremely well, I just get some of the fringe information as well... Like knowing what frame MK's dsmash comes out or how good his air mobility is so I know if I can punish it effectively. I'd be ashamed if GP knew more about Wario, diddy or Jiggs than me. Although I need to improve on my Jiggs and Olimar knowledge... Jiggs = my new secondary. Y'all better watch out for the sexy pink puffball of ****!!
well yeah, id be ashmed if you knew more about ike and r.o.b XD
you probably know your chars extremely well, ive just sad enough to venture into every character board and do a little research on their stuffs and gimmicks

Calzorz

Smash Lord
theres diffrent knowledges tho , theres knowledge of air speed , frames , weight which people can read or theres knowledge in gameplay and experiance know what chars can do in dif situations which is more important imo

Heartstring

Smash Legend
theres diffrent knowledges tho , theres knowledge of air speed , frames , weight which people can read or theres knowledge in gameplay and experiance know what chars can do in dif situations which is more important imo
it is, it is. but seeing as im crap at the exp bit i migth as well be good at the general knowledge bit

K.Mac

Smash Lord
I tend to learn more through simply playing with or playing against the particular character, since knowing how to play as them and what you need to do with them does also concurrently tell you how to play against it.

(That is the actual reason I picked up MK, and I'm not joking.)

I've always been that way. I can sit and study stuff for hours but really, for me the best method of learning is actually doing it. True, some stuff you won't learn from just playing the game, but most of it you do.

And GP experience johns. :bee:

Kasper!

Smash Lord
mac want jiggz dittos ima trainning ma sec jiggz

gonna play against calz and andy's mains with him

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

and oh gawd if i ever won that mu i would run around the house screaming

'REST YOURSELF'

K.Mac

Smash Lord
I also can't use Jiggz for squat :laugh:

except bairbairbairwigglebairwigglebairwigglefairwigglebairbairpoundbairbairbairwiggle.

xDDDDDD

Teh-Shlurpie

Smash Journeyman
the number 1 tip i picked up from jiggs players is that her best approach and defense against marth is crouching

CROUCHING. you know your screwed

B.Mack

Smash Ace
Gosh I love you for pointing that out.
Yeah I generally try to collect more of the knowledge of gameplay, character options and gimmicks... Tis why I watch so many brawl matches...
GP has SO much of the first type of knowledge, much of which is useless in practice. Sort it out GP.

Also, for everyone's benefit: the word is spelt "EXPERIeNCE" not "EXPERIaNCE"

Edit: I have NO idea why people don't credit pound and rollout enough. Soo underrated.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Gosh I love you for pointing that out.
Yeah I generally try to collect more of the knowledge of gameplay, character options and gimmicks... Tis why I watch so many brawl matches...
GP has SO much of the first type of knowledge, much of which is useless in practice. Sort it out GP.

Also, for everyone's benefit: the word is spelt "EXPERIeNCE" not "EXPERIaNCE"
screww you man, ive used my ******** knowledge so many times
mainly my little gimmicks, but thats about it, have you ever seen the eruption glitch? lulz is always had. i did it in tournament in it ended up letting me win the game (but not the set sadly, damn pikachus)

Teh-Shlurpie

Smash Journeyman
Rollout is the most punishable thing jiggly can do. pound can be Shielded and punished. its good to mix them up but not rely on them, as they are unsafe... even for jiggly

K.Mac

Smash Lord
Rollout is the most punishable thing jiggly can do. pound can be Shielded and punished. its good to mix them up but not rely on them, as they are unsafe... even for jiggly
10concurs.

This is the case with most characters' moves though. A lot are situational and can only be used with the correct mindgames / reading.

I do believe MK's Fsmash is one such move, since it has a lot of startup lag. Of course, since it's the Goddamn Meta Knight, punishing after the smash attack is pretty difficult, but it is possible to get in before the smash comes out, or to get close enough to shieldgrab.

/example

The best thing to do with Jiggs I think is Bair space and .... well, crouch, I guess. lol. Fair as well, doesn't that have a disjointed hitbox?

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Where is said tourney good sir?
in thetford, norfolk. you can get a train direct there from london liverpool street station, or stratford, you can also get a train to cambridge which then goes to theford, its also possible to taek a bus to thetford from victoria coach station

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Alrighty, I'll keep it in mind.
rough translation: ill sound like i plan on going but in actual fact ill never get it sorted and end up not going

dude im gonna need to get attendance relatively high for this to not cost me a bomb, look into it srs

Top Bottom