• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Brawl UK Social Thread

K.Mac

Smash Lord
I'm gonna be at my parents' over christmas and I don't know what day I'm going to be going back home. I'm going to assume I can probably come over the 28th or something.

Just saying. I might also have a Blur tourney to deal with on the Saturday (for which I'd rather be at home, can't really play Blur without HD) but saturday's new years so ... :/ maybe could just flake it.

C.R.Z

Smash Lord
i want to come, my mum said "no! new years is a family day" so i dont have a clue <_< FML

C.R.Z

Smash Lord
well thats true, but i want to do something for new years other than sit at home <_< we will see i guess

Heartstring

Smash Legend
well thats true, but i want to do something for new years other than sit at home <_< we will see i guess
fair enough, im always busy new years eve, since its my bro b-day, but i kinda wanted to do something else for a change
of course i cant get bladdered or anything as im due to go to work the next morning >.<

fair enough, im always busy new years eve, since its my bro b-day, but i kinda wanted to do something else for a change
of course i cant get bladdered or anything as im due to go to work the next morning >.<
Pretty much this, except it's my Sister's birthday then.

The Filth

Smash Lord
Lmfao, new years is a family day? My parents wouldn't want me anywhere ****ing near on new years.

I don't think throwing up on the sofa is under the list of family approved activities.

Also, only think ill be going to cal's fests in future, if any at all. Had sort of an epiphany recently.

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
Im not one of the people that celebrate New Years as a different day, to me its just another day, not traditional for me.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
20 quid return is absolute cheapest, however it normally means travelling relatively early/late for the cheaper options. it also takes about 5 hours to get to sheffield. its normally a little more
and then its 10 quid one way to get to scunthorpe. whereas its olnly 4 one way for barnsley

Calzum!

LC | Team Heir
Lmfao, new years is a family day? My parents wouldn't want me anywhere ****ing near on new years.

I don't think throwing up on the sofa is under the list of family approved activities.

Also, only think ill be going to cal's fests in future, if any at all. Had sort of an epiphany recently.
i would not like to see you on newyears darran

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
Hmm well if you guys could go to Calz that'd be better, but if it makes it any easier i guess it could be hosted at mine. That'd be sevon of us possibly, would be great for one more person.

Calzorz

Smash Lord
im not traveling to barnsley , il either host a fest if ppl are intrested or go to london

LOL @ ppl complaing on london to scunthorpe prices i have been doing it for 2 years to win £20 ?

Heartstring

Smash Legend
london costs even more
id be content to go to scunthorpe, but im in a small predicament of being busy for the majority of it, no to mention snow muthafkn everywhere

RyuKen!

Smash Apprentice
I found an £8.50 to get to scunthorpe don't know on the way back though, should be around £20 for a return in total. If i can't get to this fest, i plan to get to the london one on the 5th feb

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
Doesn't seem to be that many people, most people aren't bothered about travelling for Smash these days. Its kina dead, as already known.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Doesn't seem to be that many people, most people aren't bothered about travelling for Smash these days. Its kina dead, as already known.
well its at a damn awkward time for me...plus it was pretty short notice too. i mean i know smashers are notorious for that but it costs more the longer i leave it

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
Lol its happened the past year lmao, i know laods of people who said there gonna attend then have either lost contact or made some excuse or dont wanna go, so that trick doesn't work. Im not getting at any1, but the people who have played smash as long as i have know this. Its both yours and gp's first christmas with beign in the smash scene shlurp. This is a conversation you will not win against me, so dont continue it cuz its unwinnable against me.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Lol its happened the past year lmao, i know laods of people who said there gonna attend then have either lost contact or made some excuse or dont wanna go, so that trick doesn't work. Im not getting at any1, but the people who have played smash as long as i have know this. Its both yours and gp's first christmas with beign in the smash scene shlurp. This is a conversation you will not win against me, so dont continue it cuz its unwinnable against me.
woah, someones on the offensive today X3

The Filth

Smash Lord
Doesn't make him any less right, look at the past 2-3 pages of "waaah waaah no dolla" =]

In before yet more excuses. I applaud y'all for being able to make the odd tourney with a decent turnout, but its not enough for some people.

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
Lol Darran too pro, anyway lets see what 2011 has in store for us ehh? Might be surprises, or not.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Doesn't make him any less right, look at the past 2-3 pages of "waaah waaah no dolla" =]

In before yet more excuses. I applaud y'all for being able to make the odd tourney with a decent turnout, but its not enough for some people.
well i do lack moneys XP but i put that down to christmas, i normally have enough money for this stuffs

Kasper!

Smash Lord
oh come on so some people cant come during the most awkward of times and peeps are getting all mad.

EDIT - I THINK SOME PEEPS NEED SOME TISSUES

Top Bottom